Is our Gamelords butt munch back?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:44 am 

Checked through my copies last night and they all look to be originals, super condition too except for the Additional Rulebook to play all three together which is a bit worn.

Frank, I'll get to that email address for Rich Jordison - I think my correspondence with him is two computers and a switch from Windows to Mac ago.  I still have all my old PC's so I'll dig around for it tonight.

Andy Ravenscroft

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:58 am 

The response:

Thanks for your question. This is not a photocopy, it is an original game. The signer, of course, is the designer, Richard Jordison, from whom I bought the game.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:51 pm 

As I said, I'd bet the author has been re-releasing copies of his old F&F games, which is why he signs and dates them, to his credit.  But I seriously doubt that TSOMT currently on eBay was printed and assembled in the 70s.  Here's the original rulebook:

Do you see it in the auction?  Is the yellow F&F advertising page in the auction?  Referring back to Mind War, here is a scan of orginal contents sans booklet and map:

Here is a scan of the Mind War Copy contents sans booklet and map:

Again, aside from the obvious difference in chits, the F&F advertisement is not present, not to mention the additional small advertisement/coupon.  The maps from the two Mind Wars are identical in every way, except for the signature.  The only conclusion I can make from this evidence is that the author has been reproducing his work from old stockpiles of available components from the 70s.  There's nothing wrong with it.  It is his hard work.  Anytime an artist can get money for his or her work is a good thing; especially with how game creators took it the ass in the 1970s.  The fact that Jordison is dating his re-releases shows that he's a good guy.  Obviously, not all the components are available to him; hence, the replacement components--the rulebooks for Siege and Mind War, and the chits for Mind War.  If you want a copy to play, the Siege on eBay is definitely the way to go.  If you want an original game that was printed and assembled in the 1970s, keep looking.

So no, our Gamelords butt munch isn't back, yet.

"I can shew you houses that have stood two centuries and a half and more; houses that have witnessed what would make a modern house crumble into powder.  What do moderns know of life and the forces behind it?" --Richard Upton Pickman

Previous