EO art so cool it needs its own thread
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:20 pm 

While I realize we already have a Goodman Games art thread (I started it, in fact), I just couldn't see burying this super-cool piece of news there. Maybe I should use the "chit-chat" thread instead, but ... ah, hell with it.

Anyway, check out this upcoming DCC from Goodman Games ... especially the part about the covers being painted by old-school legends Erol Otus and Jeff Dee.

http://www.goodmangames.com/5029preview.php

Be sure to scroll down to get a better view of the Otus piece ... and check out the dragon absolutely working that poor guy. :lol: What do you think? ... 50 points of damage there? ... 80? ... 200, maybe?

That looks like one of those situations back in the old days where we'd all shake our heads and mutter "ouch" after the DM announced the final total. :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:50 pm 

He's looked better, I'm sure.  I like the working-class dragon--real hands-on.  The sorceress is stunning.

"I can shew you houses that have stood two centuries and a half and more; houses that have witnessed what would make a modern house crumble into powder.  What do moderns know of life and the forces behind it?" --Richard Upton Pickman

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:07 pm 

:D  :D  :D  ^^^

I think my favorite part is that he's not just crushing the guy's head — I mean, hey, that's happened to all of us, right? — it's that he's also got a claw buried in the guy's chest as a little bonus.

Plus, he's already forgotten about the guy. "Okay, pal, that should take care of you ... I need to go slay this archer over here. Catch ya later."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:40 pm 

Awesome look/feel to them.

Remember the good old days, when adventures were underground, NPCs were there to be killed, and the finale of every dungeon was the dragon on the 20th level? Those days are back. Dungeon Crawl Classics don't waste your time with long-winded speeches, weird campaign settings, or NPCs who aren't meant to be killed.

Hate the play style.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:59 pm 

Anyone read DC #29?

274 pages - twenty level 1-2 adventures.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:18 am 

Otus is doing wonders for GG.  I've bought some of their modules on the sole ground that they contained his art.

Let mirth prevail!