Dennis Mize has passed away
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:53 pm 

Many of you know I am a huge fan of miniatures.  While one of the all time greats has passed away on March 13 of a massive heart attack.

Dennis Mize was one of the trailblazers of fantasy miniatures, he was still scultping just prior to his death.

He is a link showing some of his stuff:

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/gall ... isPage.htm

As we get older we realize not everybody lives forever, Sutherland, Parkinson, Mize!  These pioneers will live on forever in the product they created and the memories of there fans.

Jeff

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:28 pm 

He will be missed.  :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:50 pm 

Ekim Toor wrote:He will be missed.  :(

yeah. i just looked at the quality of his miniature painting there...wow.

its always a shame when someone passes away :(

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:02 pm 

Wow, very sad. He was only 49. :(

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:12 pm 

:(

"Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies just because you had a hand in bringing them about?" J.R.R. Tolkien

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:08 am 

YGBFKM!!!  

Dennis and I had been pretty tight about 20-25 years ago, but gradually lost touch.

A couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, a thought came to look him up, which I had on my list to do about three items away.

Eerie to think that my random urge might have been occasioned by his passing, but he would have relished the whole thing, chuckling all the while. I will miss my old bro'; we cruised the streets of Norwood many a mile together BITD.... Tim Kask

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:36 am 

Kaskoid wrote:YGBFKM!!!  

Dennis and I had been pretty tight about 20-25 years ago, but gradually lost touch.

A couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, a thought came to look him up, which I had on my list to do about three items away.

Eerie to think that my random urge might have been occasioned by his passing, but he would have relished the whole thing, chuckling all the while. I will miss my old bro'; we cruised the streets of Norwood many a mile together BITD.... Tim Kask

thats one of the few things that makes me utterly sad about life, not being able to tie up them few loose ends that takes the urge like that. i cant even begin to imagine how that feels - with it being soooo long like that. but i guess it would be the same as me wanting to catch up with one of my original AD&D group from 25 years ago, only to find they are no longer with us.

Actually, that IS the case for one of them....a really nice chap name Mike Renshaw, who died about 6 years ago - same age as me. very sad.

Al