Fluffy Quest
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:37 am 

From what I've been able to uncover there appears to be 4 publications by Bad Dog Publications.

Fluffy Quest, published in 1981 by Rick Reid
Fluffy Quest republished in 1984 by Bad Dog Publications
    The one with the yellow cover, the adventurer and the two torches on the wall.
Fluffy Quest II published in 1984 by Bad Dog Publications
Fluffy Quest The Special Edition published in 1984 by Bad Dog Publications

What I'm looking for is anyone who has the 1981 publication of Fluffy Quest, and anyone who has a copy of Fluffy Quest II.

I assume 'Bad Dog' is a reference to 'Fluffy', the dog in the quest. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:14 am 

Fluffy Quest......man if Adam Schultz is reading he will tell you a very funny story about my Fluffy Quest treasure find.

Go ahead Adam and tell the story! Also he might be able to help you with Fluffy Quest.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:08 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:From what I've been able to uncover there appears to be 4 publications by Bad Dog Publications.

Fluffy Quest, published in 1981 by Rick Reid
Fluffy Quest republished in 1984 by Bad Dog Publications
  The one with the yellow cover, the adventurer and the two torches on the wall.
Fluffy Quest II published in 1984 by Bad Dog Publications
Fluffy Quest The Special Edition published in 1984 by Bad Dog Publications

What I'm looking for is anyone who has the 1981 publication of Fluffy Quest, and anyone who has a copy of Fluffy Quest II.

I assume 'Bad Dog' is a reference to 'Fluffy', the dog in the quest. :D

There is also a Fluffy Quest module in one of the very early Dungeon magazines.  It is called Fluffy Goes to Heck and it was in one of the first six issues.

It is the only Fluffy Quest module I have read, and it is a hoot.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 am 

Thanks for that. I found it in Dungeon Issue 4. It looks like a good laugh.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:28 pm 

This item is available as an ebook at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/ ... 0011804861

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:28 pm 

Sputrock wrote:This item is available as an ebook at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/ ... 0011804861

Uhh...thanks?

I think though you misjudge your audience. The people on this site are ambivalent at best, flatly negative at worst regarding electronic copies. For many of them, only the original will do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:31 pm 

Actually, there are a number of collectors here who also like to acquire PDF's to go with hardcopies.

Some will go so far as to collect different variations on the same file.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:36 pm 

It does look to be a legitimate publication, rather than a piracy issue which was my first assumption. Why Rick Reid would not publish this through RPGNow/Drivethru and get it to the target market, I have no idea. I can only assume he is so out of thouch with the modern world and gaming that he thinks Barnes & Noble is where people buy RPGs from these days.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 pm 

PDFs are good for me where I cant get an original item! Thanks  :)

... but I'm a small fry collector :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:37 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Actually, there are a number of collectors here who also like to acquire PDF's to go with hardcopies.

Some will go so far as to collect different variations on the same file.

Thus the word "ambivalent".

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 pm 

I'd prefer a real piece of paper, but if it came down to it, and I had to go with a fake, err, digital version, I would... and then clearly label it in my collection as such. Of course, I would print and bind it since I hate reading RPG stuff on a PC.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:47 pm 

Oh, I agree entirely.  The PDF is handy.  The module does not actually exist unless there is a hard copy.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:34 pm 

Ian,

Why not asking your questions to Rick Reid through eBay, as you bought one of them some days ago ? ;)

As "Dwarf" could write : "the sole interest in PDF is to discover/read modules without having to unshrink them"  :lol: (or to have a very good idea concerning its quality before spending a lot of money)

And in case a module is not so good :
* either "let's continue to be a crazy crying collector and let's buy it !" (as me :lol: )
* or let's wait for a very very small end of auction price ;)

That said, i have read it in Dungeon Mag #4 and it looks like a very funny module to master or play : trully recommended !

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:06 am 

I asked Rick through Ebay and the pdf is his so its legit.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 am 

ashmire13 wrote:PDFs are good for me where I cant get an original item! Thanks  :)

... but I'm a small fry collector :lol:

I don't really think there are small fry collectors. Most collectors have things they like, things they learn about and things they just don't. With the exception of the few uber collectors with the room and the money and th desire to build massive collections, most of the collectors here buy, trade and collect whatever fits with their collections as they see them.

Maybe one or two take the step up to uber collector level after many years, and maybe one or two turn dealer, as I did, but the for the whole, most people would consider themselves 'small fry collectors', maybe even the ones with expensive items.

lurker_above wrote:Ian,

Why not asking your questions to Rick Reid through eBay, as you bought one of them some days ago ? ;)

As "Dwarf" could write : "the sole interest in PDF is to discover/read modules without having to unshrink them"  :lol: (or to have a very good idea concerning its quality before spending a lot of money)

And in case a module is not so good :
* either "let's continue to be a crazy crying collector and let's buy it !" (as me :lol: )

That said, i have read it in Dungeon Mag #4 and it looks like a very funny module to master or play : trully recommended !

What's his eBay ID? I'd like to fill in some of the gaps in the knowledge we have on Fluffy Quest.
Yep. Wouldn't have thought anyone would have been stupid enough to try to sell PDFs of someone elses work through Barnes & Noble. Maybe RR would be minded to try RPGNow.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:21 am 

lurker_above wrote:And in case a module is not so good :

In my experience, good or bad is not a factor in collectibility.

Some of the most sought-after collectible modules are entirely disposable monster hotel dungeons.

If you're talking useable modules...and PDF files...you cannot go wrong with 0one's Blueprint series.  A bargain at two bucks per file - but not collectible at all in hard copy.

I'm a small fry collector....and remain a small fry after collecting enough small fry items to line my office.  Ironic, aye?  :?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:30 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
What's his eBay ID? I'd like to fill in some of the gaps in the knowledge we have on Fluffy Quest.

eBay listings

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:32 am 

Geez. I even bought a copy from him and I didn't know. :oops:

Next