Sorting Out Elric
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm 

g026r wrote:Damn that's a good price.  (It's even better than what I charged you for that price-sticker copy. :lol: )

I'll sell it back to you real cheap.   :D

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:25 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I'll sell it back to you real cheap.   :D

How much would you want for just the price tag? :)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:17 pm 

I don't think I would feel right about breaking up the set.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:40 pm 

*Bump*  :salut:

Recently, someone here was asking about Elric, Stormbringer and all that.   They wanted to know if these items are still on sale somewhere.

Here is a link to Chaosium's closeout prices on Stormbringer items:

http://catalog.chaosium.com/index.php?c ... a44a61258f

The price is $5 for most items.  This sale has been going on for some time and will last until Chaosium is out of them.  

The Michael Moorcock game license was shifted to Mongoose Publishing after Chaosium and the author had a falling out.  Moongoose published some of their own Elric and Hawkmoon titles using their Runequest rules set (...and I understand that the Elric and Stormbringer RPG lines were very similar to the Runquest rules).  Like many Mongoose items (their D20 Conan items being another  example), these are too-thin hardbacks with high prices and not enough content.  I'm planning to collect the Mongoose items because I am a completist, but not at anything like 50% cover price.

In my opinion, anyone who is interested in collecting the Chaosium Elric and Stormbringer RPG books should also snap up the Corum publication by Darcsyde (also available on this page).  

Altough this publication is higher in price, it is my opinion that collectors down the road will wish they had bought it.  Darcsyde (based out of Australia) published Corum in partnership with Chaosium.

I think this is an example of a collectible that no one valued while it was sitting around for awhile, quite available.  When it is gone, it will be the publication people need (but can't find) to finish their collection.

I've probably said all this before, somewhere further up this strand.  I thought that there are enough new people around the Acaeum to pass this information on again.  8)

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:51 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Nice price so far for anyone who hasn't got these two modules.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:27 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Previous