Legendquest?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:21 pm 

Anyone know anything about this RPG?  Are the supplements any good? Is the game any good to play?  Any opinions one way or another?  I saw the supplements for sale cheaply and wonder if they are worth picking up just to read.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:34 pm 

I found them to be kinda boring at the very least to look over much less to comment on game play. I keep picking these up by accident of sorts through lots and addins to trades and purchases. I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase them personally.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:26 am 

The supplements arent very interesting. Generic D&D-ish dungeonish scenarios, nothing of real interest, production is poor quality and bland.

Judging by the statistics the system appears to be mix of D&D style classes and levels, but with %age skills inc. combat.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:04 am 

Taken from their website...
http://www.boardenterprises.com/pages/2/index.htm

"Legend Quest was originally published in 1991 in a notebook (loose) format. It was re-released in 1994 in a perfect bound edition that contained essentially the same material. It was shortly after the release in 1994 that it was reviewed by Dragon Magazine as being "One of the best systems ever. A real gem of a game."

Legend Quest continued with a dedicated following in the U.S., Canada, and Europe. Adventures and city supplements (six of each) were released, as was a magic supplement (The Book of Wishes). With the overwhelming success of collectible card games in the late 90's, Legend Quest took a hiatus.

The designers and play testers never took a break. They continue to develop new magic items, new skills and optional rules that complicate the game, but can add spice. The Legend Quest Gold edition is the same game as was released in 1991 with a few updates and a far better format."

I have all of the above, the origional edition comes in a plastic folder. The supps/ adventurs are:

Adventurers Guide of Rhum
Blood In the Slave Pits
Carnage Amonst the Depraved
Death Traps of the Aldar
Horror in the House of Mystique
Plaza of Rhum, The
Rhum After Dark
Rhum Darkside
Savagery of the Spider Men
Soldiers Guide of Rhum
Valor in the Prison of Despair
Welcome to Rhum

There was also one other announced " Monsters and Other Menances" An extended look at the more common character races and loads of new monsters to constantly keep the player on their toes.

I also have a copy of The Sounding Board , Board Enterprises Summer 1994 Newsletter with a new spell, creature and magic item detailed, as well as a summary of its products... The gold edition and some more stuff can be downloaded free from the web site.

Brette:)