Silliest non-TSR auction price
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:43 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:

The Dragon's Tower is the more rare product from GW. This price is current. The expansion sold in the past between 300 and $500... never see it went for less than $250-300

But it is very expensive, since there is only a few material in the box

Its the only expansion I am missing.  I would love to get a set beat up with no box for cheap just to get a complete set.  I just can't justify spending the cash it is worth right now.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:39 am 

well... I've been thinking about selling my 3rd edition collection that is still in the shrink lately, could be close to the time eh... I will consider taking trades as well :lol:

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:57 am 

Shrink? A shame, I'd have traded for it if it was opened.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:04 am 

And many Talisman collectors are like rabid wolverines, too ... you definitely want to be counting all your fingers and toes after you square off with that crowd for a rare item.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:05 am 

I'm going to throw out a quick ...

LOL!!  :P  8)  8O  :D

... here, so that I'm not stuck on 666 posts right before I go to bed.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:28 am 

$206 for two Citadel catalogs (1982/3)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8798801686

Yeah, chicken dragon... *shrugs* paper dragon ^^. If anyone's got the real thing let me know, more like! (*offers woodgrain*)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:42 am 

Beastmaker Mountain (folder somewhat mauled by book-eating "shelves" ;))

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8804517392

$123 with 7 hours still to go.

=

Hrmm... no takers on the chicken dragon/woodgrain swap offer?  :(

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:09 pm 

This guy is going to go out of business real fast....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Azhanti-High-Lightn ... dZViewItem

I looked through their Ebay store and I dont think I have ever seen such stupid prices anywhere with the exception of creep1962.  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:46 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:This guy is going to go out of business real fast....

I looked through their Ebay store and I dont think I have ever seen such stupid prices anywhere with the exception of creep1962.  :?

I don't know.......$286.87 for a scrunched up board game that wasn't particularly popular when it was first published.....sounds OK.

Oh, and don't forget all of those nifty conditions and payment requirements....but at least they make up for all that by NOT accepting PayPal.

Woo Hoo!  Gaming gold!   :?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:03 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Kingofpain89 wrote:This guy is going to go out of business real fast....

I don't know.......$286.87 for a scrunched up board game that wasn't particularly popular when it was first published.....sounds OK.

Oh, and don't forget all of those nifty conditions and payment requirements....but at least they make up for all that by NOT accepting PayPal.

Woo Hoo!  Gaming gold!   :?

Mark   8)

Being that it is an Australia Gaming shop, I've actually bought from these people before they have gone to ebay. I can say that my experience was ssssllllooooowwwww, never rang back etc etc.. lets hope they have changed their policy now that you can leave feedback on your experience. Their websit when I last saw was 2 years out of date (and still mostly is by the looks of it). I did eventually get my items and in nice condition, but they are simply asking drug money on all their stock at the moment...

Brette:)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:14 am 

valhalla_games_and_hobbies wrote:Since 1991, we've usually shrink-wrapped all goods (new and secondhand) in our store ourselves, both to protect them from handling and to keep components together

And shrink on pictured items are not original ones  :?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:37 am 

Valhalla Games was, as Brette said, an Australian shop, here in Perth.

The shop itself had quite a good selection of gear, however there were a few major draw-backs.

The first was: there were 2 owners IIRC. One guy was great, as well as the guys who manned the counter. They knew roughly what something was worth and sometimes adjusted the price that was listed on the gear, and occassionally let you look through it as it came in, before being priced. One of them said he weren't a big fan of how the other owner worked out his prices on some items.

The other owner, even back then, used to be on the net continuously checking out the price on items and adjusting them up in the store with a substantial markup. Guy wouldn't budge on prices and at one stage wanted around $AUD73.40 for a D1-2. A friend sold some items to them (against my advice) - had to leave the items there, and had to wait ages for a reply. The offers to buy were rediculously low. When they went on the shelf you would have thought they were platimum plated with the prices listed.
Which leads me to the next point..

Secondly: had a bad habit of re-shriking items. Have bought a few items from them (not for the price listed though) which have been hole-punched had a price sticker placed on them, then re-shrinked and tried to be passed off as near mint/shrink  8O

Shop was forced to close by the State Government to allow the new underground train system to be built- most of the businesses got screwed there big time and had to seek compensation, and he hasn't had a chance to set up his actual business shop-front again (that I've heard). Original site still caught up in the construction.

Be very careful with the descriptions to make sure you know what you're getting, and if it's marked as shrink look closely at the photos. Personally I think you'll get better value in general auctions.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:55 pm 

If they can get the prices they want...well...that's just good business.

Trawling the internet for Buy-It-Now prices isn't really a good ideal.  Better to check out recent auction prices.

Some of the new sellers are clearly pricing their auctions based upon Ebay store prices.

My overall impression is that new bidders are appearing every day in the game market...and they are driving up prices.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:02 pm 

It could have been post in the non-TSR interesting items but for this price definitively not!

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

2 books are pictured but only one is sold.

Does anyone know the difference between CoC anniversary book with red sign and the one with yellow sign?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:33 am 

Red sign is the anniversary edition to celebrate 20 years of call of Cthulhu.  It is a really nice book, well worth getting (but not at that price  8O ).  Perhaps the $65-100 range.

Gold sign is the limited edition, bound with paper and string (addressed to: Dr Armitage, Miskatonic University, Arkham) with a limited collection label and signatures of the Chaosium staffers at the time.  Only 300 copies were made.

There are also Copper sign versions - see yog-sothoth.com and look at their collector section.    :)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:46 am 

Thank red_bus for this very interesting informations :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:09 am 

It may be bad form to post your own auctions but I have to admit to being a bit stunned by this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Traveller-Adv-12- ... dZViewItem

Should I have been surprised?

(And he paid about 30 seconds after the end of the auction!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:32 am 

gyg wrote:Should I have been surprised?

Our very own Traveller is who I defer to in these situations ... I'm sure he'll be by soon.

Take it away, Trav!

PreviousNext