Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 87123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 858687
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:25 am 

g026r wrote:While I admit it's easy to pick on Troll and Toad, and maybe other people won't get as much amusement out of this as I did, but:

Atlas of the Young Kingdoms Volume 1:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Cost to purchase from Troll and Toad and have shipped to Canada via 1st class mail: $26.84

Cost to purchase direct from Chaosium and have shipped to Canada via 1st class mail: $13.61

Not quite double, but getting close... :lol:

Now it says $15.34 for first class to Canada.

They must have read  your post.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:34 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Now it says $15.34 for first class to Canada.

They must have read  your post.

Nope.  That's the price it was when I did that up.  $11.50 for the item + $15.34 for postage vs. $5.00 for the item + $8.61 for postage.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:10 pm 

g026r wrote:
Nope.  That's the price it was when I did that up.  $11.50 for the item + $15.34 for postage vs. $5.00 for the item + $8.61 for postage.

Ach!  Lieber Gott!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:56 pm 

Someone really wanted "The Toughest Dungeon in the World" so Al...you might want to put your copy on Ebay now

The Toughest Dungeon in the World --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0271076730

$102.50 USD by Lofenloc

blew my $10.00 bid out of the water

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm 

GreyM wrote:Someone really wanted "The Toughest Dungeon in the World" so Al...you might want to put your copy on Ebay now

The Toughest Dungeon in the World -->  

$102.50 USD by Lofenloc

8O (If they had one with eyes blowing out of the face I'd have used that Emoticon.)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm 

GreyM wrote:Someone really wanted "The Toughest Dungeon in the World" so Al...you might want to put your copy on Ebay now

The Toughest Dungeon in the World -->  

$102.50 USD by Lofenloc

Your $10 bid might have been a little too much for that.    :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:55 pm 

maybe, but I've been wanting a copy since its the only one from JG for T&T that I'm missing...and it was in the states already without having to import one from Al....but I might have to go that route unless he multiplied his prices x10 after reading this

as for lofenloc, he's been on a Tunnels & Trolls kick recently (as I'm trying to finish the last few I need :cry:  )

Dargon's Dungeon $102.50 --> http://cgi.ebay.com/1977-79-Dargons-Dun ... 0271076656

Overkill $58.57 --> http://cgi.ebay.com/1977-79-Overkill-RP ... 0271076634

Weirdworld $41.00 --> http://cgi.ebay.com/1977-79-Weirdworld- ... 0271076625

Funny thing is he's outbid me on some of these before so I figured I was relatively safe  :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:17 pm 

GreyM wrote:maybe, but I've been wanting a copy since its the only one from JG for T&T that I'm missing...and it was in the states already without having to import one from Al....but I might have to go that route unless he multiplied his prices x10 after reading this

I hope you didn't take me wrong, I was just being a bit facetious trying to highlight just how crazy that final bid was.  :wink:

GreyM wrote:as for lofenloc, he's been on a Tunnels & Trolls kick recently (as I'm trying to finish the last few I need :cry:  )

Dargon's Dungeon $102.50 -->  

Overkill $58.57 -->  

Weirdworld $41.00 -->  

Funny thing is he's outbid me on some of these before so I figured I was relatively safe  :P

Lance is from what I can tell a super nice guy, with evidently lots of cash to spend.  I love it when I see him biding on my stuff, because I know it is going ot be a hassle free transaction and he always pays on time. Sometimes I think he is a little impatient with certain items and he could probably save himself some cash if he was more patient, but I certainly don't begrudge him that.  I know some folks around here get annoyed with him because he mostly wins whenever he wants to win no matter the item, but that doesn't bug me at all because he seems to be a one of each item collector, so it's not like he is always bidding the same stuff up after he wins the item, he seems to be pretty much one and done.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:22 pm 

bclarkie wrote: he seems to be a one of each item collector, so its not like he is always bidding the same stuff up after he wins the item, he seems to be pretty much one and done.

I for one hope that's right.  Otherwise, there won't be much for the rest of us to collect.   :lol:

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 pm 

bclarkie: I figured as much...I've actually PM'd Al about picking up a few things off him but never actually got a list together for him.

I've sold lance a few things (small press items if I remember correctly) and everytime its been a smooth transaction so I can't say anything bad about it....I just hope he moves on off T&T items soon  :P

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:48 pm 

You have to remember that lance is only winning the item a couple of dollars more then the second highest bidder.. so there has to be at least another out there that wants to spends that sort of money.. in the long run he may save himself say $10-$50 (maybe more, maybe less) on some items but once he has an item you rarely need to get another (I see that he has bought a couple of Fist of Emirikols, and phb/dmg's as well though) For someone that is earning good money, an extra couple of $$ is no big deal and then I would average out the overpayment as well so it doesn't look too bad.. then factor in the savings of getting a couple of items at the same place and the savings on shipping make it all the more worthwhile, shipping is the killer in these sort of things for those of us overseas and every item he has to purchase singularly costs/saves him about $12us each to ship..  

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:You have to remember that lance is only winning the item a couple of dollars more then the second highest bidder.. so there has to be at least another out there that wants to spends that sort of money.. in the long run he may save himself say $10-$50 (maybe more, maybe less) on some items but once he has an item you rarely need to get another (I see that he has bought a couple of Fist of Emirikols, and phb/dmg's as well though) For someone that is earning good money, an extra couple of $$ is no big deal and then I would average out the overpayment as well so it doesn't look too bad.. then factor in the savings of getting a couple of items at the same place and the savings on shipping make it all the more worthwhile, shipping is the killer in these sort of things for those of us overseas and every item he has to purchase singularly costs/saves him about $12us each to ship..  

Brette, you are most certainly correct about someone else having to be out there bidding the item up, athough its usually not the same person. ;) Lance is the here in the US though, the US dollar hitting the sh*t can hasn't affected all of us.  :P

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Brette, you are most certainly correct about someone else having to be out there bidding the item up, athough its usually not the same person. ;) Lance is the here in the US though, the US dollar hitting the sh*t can hasn't affected all of us.  :P

HMM..I though he was in France for some reason.. oh well... some of us have the job to be able to afford some excesses... he has had 500 odd auctions won in the last couple of week though, so he must be going through a bit at the moment;)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:08 pm 

Lance is one of the nicest guys you could ask for. He once beat me out on a single figurine and offered to let me take it because I needed it for a set. He pays immediately, and he is courteous and communicative.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 pm 

I was once outbid on 5 items in one night by him. No big deal, really. I even got a second chance offer on one of them which was confusing, but legitimate.

I'm sure, if I had the money, I'd be like that too... I just don't, so I have to be a little more picky in what I splurge on.

It's usually a good thing to see my eBay name in the bidders... cause I don't like losing.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:54 am 

The two users I am most often outbid by at the last minute are lofenloc and waynes_world_of_books. lofenloc I don't mind as if he wants it, I was always going to lose. WWoBooks bugs me as he is a re-seller, so the same item then gets relisted at a little over its real value....and the struggling collector must dig deeper into his pockets

Anyway, speaking of lurch-deann's interesting auctions...I put a token bid on this. Is it rare? Does it come up often? What is it worth?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=016

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:12 am 

Never seen it before. Playing Board stuff is not usually rare, but the fact that it is separate sheets and apparently intact is a good thing.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Anyway, speaking of lurch-deann's interesting auctions...I put a token bid on this. Is it rare? Does it come up often? What is it worth?

Playing Board released a number of items, probably the most notable ones are The Spellcaster's Bible and The Adventurers' Cauldron.  They also did at lleast 4 of the character type sheets for Monsters, PCs, NPCs, etc and also a few card sets.  Most of them are on the rarer side but are maybe hard to search for just aren't very desirable.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 87123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 858687