Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 87123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 858687
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:33 pm 

Hey, grubbiv, you might be in luck for your Stormbringer box.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... :MEDW:BIDN

Yikes!

(And the second place bidder in that above auction has just placed a bid on grubbiv's boxed set.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:44 pm 

g026r wrote:Hey, grubbiv, you might be in luck for your Stormbringer box.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... :MEDW:BIDN

Yikes!

(And the second place bidder in that above auction has just placed a bid on grubbiv's boxed set.)

That is remarkable. I have been watching these and they usually go for $20-$30. I wonder if the Acaeum is so popular that everything we discuss here suddenyl becomes a sought after collectible?  :!:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:30 am 

Scary.  And that was a second edition set!

I'm not going to hop on the bandwagon and sell mine, but Hermit's notion may have some merit.  Let's test it: Spelljammer is just so awesome....

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:36 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:That is remarkable. I have been watching these and they usually go for $20-$30. I wonder if the Acaeum is so popular that everything we discuss here suddenyl becomes a sought after collectible?  :!:

Yeah, $20-$30 is about right.  (You can see my last bid in at the sub-$25 mark for just that reason.)

Now let's try that theory:

You know what else is awesome? Everything I'm getting rid of. ;)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:20 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:
That is remarkable. I have been watching these and they usually go for $20-$30. I wonder if the Acaeum is so popular that everything we discuss here suddenyl becomes a sought after collectible?  :!:

The "Acaeum Effect" has been noticed many times in the past...one of the first times for me was when I did a review of The Companions modules many years ago...suddenly their price on ebay jumped x3 or so.  Over the years it's been a pretty recognizable phenonenom!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:10 pm 

Badmike wrote:
The "Acaeum Effect" has been noticed many times in the past...one of the first times for me was when I did a review of The Companions modules many years ago...suddenly their price on ebay jumped x3 or so.  Over the years it's been a pretty recognizable phenonenom!

Mike B.

I know the foldered RoleAids modules and Thieves Guild (sorry Mark) seem to have been effected.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:19 pm 

TRAVELLER Rules Booklet Azhanti High Lightning

BIN for $19.99 with free Media Mail.

If just the rule book sales for this amount. My whole game with Supplement 5 should go for a lot more

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:45 pm 

Mercenary_Roadie wrote:TRAVELLER Rules Booklet Azhanti High Lightning

If just the rule book sales for this amount. My whole game with Supplement 5 should go for a lot more

That's no moon...

No, I mean that's no BIN. Not sure what the going rate is, but Azhanti used to be a real gem to find, so I thought I'd give the booklet a try at $19.99 (free shipping)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:22 pm 

Plaag wrote:I know the foldered RoleAids modules and Thieves Guild (sorry Mark) seem to have been effected.

Ironhoof Highlands is the one that stands out for me.  After a small discussion on how bad it is, the price jumped from $5 to $100+, still seems to be selling in the middle there now.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 pm 

Mercenary_Roadie wrote:TRAVELLER Rules Booklet Azhanti High Lightning

The majority of the Azhanti High Lightning auctions on Ebay are usually missing supplement 5.  What cracks me up is that regardless if the supplement is there or not, the end price remains about the same.  I think a lot of people dont realize that supplement 5 is actually supposed to come with the game.  And since it rarely shows up on Ebay by itself, it will go for quite a bit on its own.

Edit:  Didnt realize that this was for the Rules Booklet and not Supplement 5 - Lightning Class Cruisers.  $19.99 may be a bit of a stretch just for the AHL Rules Booklet.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:40 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
The majority of the Azhanti High Lightning auctions on Ebay are usually missing supplement 5.  What cracks me up is that regardless if the supplement is there or not, the end price remains about the same.  I think a lot of people dont realize that supplement 5 is actually supposed to come with the game.  And since it rarely shows up on Ebay by itself, it will go for quite a bit on its own.

Edit:  Didnt realize that this was for the Rules Booklet and not Supplement 5 - Lightning Class Cruisers.  $19.99 may be a bit of a stretch just for the AHL Rules Booklet.

The rulebook has a tendency to go missing from the boxed sets as well since it is the same size as the other booklets. It all depends on what price the complete set is going for. Used to be a decent amount, but I haven't seen one in awhile (and if someone is missing the rulebook from their set).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:40 pm 

Mars wrote:

Ironhoof Highlands is the one that stands out for me.  After a small discussion on how bad it is, the price jumped from $5 to $100+, still seems to be selling in the middle there now.

Not always, my friend!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Group-One-Ironhoof- ... dZViewItem

I noticed this one a little while back. It is indeed in the middle, but I think this would have gone for a lot less if this particular buyer wasn't on it. Maybe some sense has crept back into the market.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:51 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:

Not always, my friend!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I noticed this one a little while back. It is indeed in the middle, but I think this would have gone for a lot less if this particular buyer wasn't on it. Maybe some sense has crept back into the market.

Congrats to Jason.  Whenever I sell one of these for some ridiculous price, I feel like I've just sold I piece of used toilet paper for money.   Must be what P.T. Barnum felt like every day he woke up.

Mike b.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:11 am 

So, Jason, was that the one I sold you? I hope so. Glad someone got a use out of it. If only I wanted to deal with the stupidity of eBay, I might make a hell of a lot more on my stupid sales...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:31 am 

Serleran,

Not so stupid:  I thought it was great gesture selling things here first.  If I'd had the extra money I would have bought about ten things from you and kept them for a lifetime.  

Ebay makes me ill as well, and I'm dreading entering the "selling" side of things.  Of course it might help if I had more interesting items to sell;)

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:16 pm 

Wacky price for a later version of the 1st edition of Gamma World

WOW $102.00

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:40 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:WOW $102.00

wow again. even has later print on auction

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:37 am 

More stupid prices from jayhoehlinc:

I just took a look at the list of recently sold items and the guy sells hardly anything on Ebay.  But he did get one gullible buyer:

These can easily be had for around $30 apiece.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 87123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 858687