Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 87123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 858687
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:30 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:??? What on earth is that? A pass to the secret dungeon under Charlie's Chocolate Factory?

:lol: :lol:
http://truedungeon.com/trueforum/index.php?topic=3650.0

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:10 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

What is he smoking?

Apparently the same thing as this guy:

The "sheriff" needs to stop licking his frog.  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:18 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:larp very well alive. worth $954 bonus run extra pickups??  

Good lord!  :?   True Dungeon sounds fun but is a VIP run through worth over $900?  Lemme see....what should I spend my money on?  Golden Ticket token for True Dungeon or a few RPGA modules?  Even my brain only took about three hundredths of a second to make a decision on that question.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:01 am 

Sheriff has always been a crackhead with his pricing. He's a joke.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:33 pm 

Speaking of the Kin Strife. Some forest elves must have looked at Sheriff Frogs listing and think they're getting a bargain on this one. Bidding at $100 with 5 hours to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=004

Elurien: "I want that book'

Thurondil: "No I want it, stop bidding and eat your lembas bread, I'm prepared to bid a lot."

Elurien: "Remember I won the auction for the plastic elf ears, I'll bid the same amount again."

Thurondil: "Well I don't need plastic elf ears, mine are kind've pointy anyway."  :dwarf:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:05 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Speaking of the Kin Strife. Some forest elves must have looked at Sheriff Frogs listing and think they're getting a bargain on this one. Bidding at $100 with 5 hours to go.

Elurien: "I want that book'

Thurondil: "No I want it, stop bidding and eat your lembas bread, I'm prepared to bid a lot."

Elurien: "Remember I won the auction for the plastic elf ears, I'll bid the same amount again."

Thurondil: "Well I don't need plastic elf ears, mine are kind've pointy anyway."  :dwarf:

:lol:

Very funny !

And you know what, this Emoticon :dwarf: is named dwarf.

For a D&D collecting forum it is absolutely outrageous !!!

Let's eat a piece of Lembas bread to forget that.

Anyway, it was very strange that the buyer is the one who sold this on ebay france a few days ago...

Link

He wrote : I am selling my whole collection.

Was passiert ?

He want to rebuild his collection ???

8O

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am 

le Rahib wrote:

Anyway, it was very strange that the buyer is the one who sold this on ebay france a few days ago...

Link

He wrote : I am selling my whole collection.
Was passiert ?
He want to rebuild his collection ???

8O

That is strange. Maybe he is scanning them. I once bought from a guy in Australia, who told me when I picked up my book that he was scanning everything onto disk. He would buy a book, scan it, and then re-sell it. He told me he would soon have the entire MERP collection on one disk.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:35 pm 

Holy shite - I think every English gamer in the eighties probably had one of these (I know I did 8O )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARHAMMER-CITADEL ... dZViewItem

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:57 am 

gyg wrote:Holy shite - I think every English gamer in the eighties probably had one of these (I know I did 8O )

Not having been an English gamer in the 80's I never had one of those.

So, I made an offer of 0.25........... :wink: ...

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:22 pm 

These catalogs do sell for a surprising amount of money.  I seem to recall seeing some of them sell in the $50-$100 range.  I don't collect miniatures but there seems to be enough people who do that the prices get driven up.

That price is just insane though!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:38 pm 

It will sell for big $ - I sold a blue cover one (a bit more recent) , in very scabby condition a couple of years ago for £30 IIRC.

(It's still just a catalogue though!)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:40 pm 

Actually, to make sure everyone here understands what I mean - Its still only a catalog :lol:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:12 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Sheriff has always been a crackhead with his pricing. He's a joke.

Speaking of the Sheriff, this popped up in my search this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ICE-MERP-Middle-Ear ... dZViewItem

The price there isnt too far off the mark but still a tad on the high side.  But not anywhere near as nutty as this price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MERS-MERP-Rulebook- ... dZViewItem

Someone with a bit more MERP knowledge help me out here.  This rulebook is the same one from the 1st edition MERP box set and I dont recall it ever being shrinkwrapped or sold separately.  Am I correct in assuming that this joker doesnt have any idea what he is selling or is just trying to rip someone off that has less knowledge about the product than he does?

Looks like the majority of items in his store are over priced as well.  Just not on the scale as the above item.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:25 am 

More hilarity:

Both of these sellers have tried selling these items several times before and were unsuccessful.  I dont understand why the seller of the 101 Robots just doesnt start it off at $10?  It almost always sells for over a hundred bucks.  It is also the last Digest Group product I need for my Traveller collection but I'll be damned if someone thinks I am going to pay $200 for it.  :twisted:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:01 am 

Well, hell. If I knew I could try and sell the MERP book for ~ 100$, I'd be so there. I've got one of those (not in shrink) and would be glad to get even 1/4 that amount.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:31 am 

I believe it was a separate product as well, Pain. Worth $100? Not even close, but the guy is a muttonhead anyways.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:36 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Speaking of the Sheriff, this popped up in my search this morning:

The price there isnt too far off the mark but still a tad on the high side.  But not anywhere near as nutty as this price:

Someone with a bit more MERP knowledge help me out here.  This rulebook is the same one from the 1st edition MERP box set and I dont recall it ever being shrinkwrapped or sold separately.  Am I correct in assuming that this joker doesnt have any idea what he is selling or is just trying to rip someone off that has less knowledge about the product than he does?

Looks like the majority of items in his store are over priced as well.  Just not on the scale as the above item.

The rulebook was offered separately, but I've never seen a SW copy. I don't think it was SW.  Sometimes I despair wondering why I don't just jack my prices up three fold, it would still be less than most of these jokers.... :roll:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:43 am 

Invest in your own shrink-wrapping machine, then you can be justified jacking them up fourfold. :lol:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 87123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 858687