Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 33 of 87123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 858687
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:15 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Its the only one seen so far, and Bill Owen owned it.

ShaneG.

I wonder how many he has? Another one up now....

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 pm 

guessing this next one will be less than $150 (and the one after that less than $75 :lol: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:42 pm 

When they get to under $20, I'll grab one.

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:18 pm 

probably no 5 or 6 (I'll hold out for number 12 -$3+ shipping!)

(Only joking really - I wouldn't be surprised if there are a max of 3 or 4)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:59 am 

This is an absolutely ludicrous price - Harn Tharda for $99. I recently recently picked up an identical item for about $15. What worries me when big Sellers do this is that they'll lead other re-sellers to buy up cheaper items and then freeze the market by over-pricing them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:This is an absolutely ludicrous price - Harn Tharda for $99. I recently recently picked up an identical item for about $15. What worries me when big Sellers do this is that they'll lead other re-sellers to buy up cheaper items and then freeze the market by over-pricing them.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I wouldn't worry too much, this guy's prices are always absolutely over the top, he sells very little except for Heroquest and Warhammer items.  That item will sit in his store for years gathering dust.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:50 pm 

mdr003 wrote:
I wonder how many he has? Another one up now....

Its all he could find right now, and I suspect this one will go for more then $150 ;)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:38 am 

Hi. My name is Elurín. Recently I discovered MERP books. I'll buy them at all costs, so I can read them in the forest while eating my lembas.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:58 am 

I know it's the holy grail of comics, but come on. It is 93K+ and still hasn't met the reserve.  I have never really been into comics so maybe I just don't know what I am talking about, but I just can't see paying this for a comic when I could buy half of a house with it.  What do you think the reserve actually is?  After reading the item description, I am guessing 500k?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTION-COMICS-1-VG- ... dZViewItem

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:14 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Its all he could find right now, and I suspect this one will go for more then $150 ;)

ShaneG.

Well I was wrong, but then I didn't bid figuring I'd know the winner.
Man have I mellowed :lol:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:09 pm 

coastiemike8 wrote:I know it's the holy grail of comics, but come on. It is 93K+ and still hasn't met the reserve.  I have never really been into comics so maybe I just don't know what I am talking about, but I just can't see paying this for a comic when I could buy half of a house with it.  What do you think the reserve actually is?  After reading the item description, I am guessing 500k?

"THE ARCHIVAL TAPE CAN BE REMOVED WITHOUT DOING DAMAGE TO THE PAPER"

Who is he kidding? The thing's got more stitching than Frankenstein, and he's valuing it at "Very Good+"? Ha! And he's quoting Overstreet. Yeesh.

It is indeed the Holy Grail; Steve Geppi (the guy who owns Diamond Comic Distribution and Alliance Distribution, among other things) has a standing offer of $1,000,000 for a mint cherry copy. Not that such exists anymore, but he keeps hoping. Someday I hope he finds it, it would be awesome if such existed.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:41 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:It is indeed the Holy Grail; Steve Geppi (the guy who owns Diamond Comic Distribution and Alliance Distribution, among other things) has a standing offer of $1,000,000 for a mint cherry copy. Not that such exists anymore, but he keeps hoping. Someday I hope he finds it, it would be awesome if such existed.

He'd have better luck looking for a unicorn...  :P

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:43 pm 

I think I paid maybe a tenth of what he's asking for a copy that didn't suffer from "minimal storage scuffing and creases" a couple of months ago.

Actually, looking at the storefront, a number of his prices are, in my mind, very optimistic.

And also speaking of way up there:

A number of hamilcar's Cthulhu auctions ended higher than I expected. There were a couple of bidders who didn't seem to have any upper limits set, no matter how often the item comes up for lower.  This one was the most surprising to me though.  (Well, this one and the water-damaged Tales of the Miskatonic Valley that went for almost $30.)

And finally:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0129407155

What's that?  That's not that high for a new book?  Well, it is once you consider that you can buy the same book direct from Chaosium for $3 less and at half the shipping cost. :lol:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:51 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:... has a standing offer of $1,000,000 for a mint cherry copy.

I hope he's not holding his breath. We'd never see such an issue in a thousand lifetimes.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:54 pm 

Back when I was 18 I went to a comic convention in Boston and got to look through an Action #1. The guy wanted 10K for it, and it was probably Fine at least.
The holy grail used to be Marvel Comics #1.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:58 pm 

g026r wrote:

And finally:

What's that?  That's not that high for a new book?  Well, it is once you consider that you can buy the same book direct from Chaosium for $3 less and at half the shipping cost. :lol:

Hey, there is no telling what people will do. I expect to put about half the monographs I ordered on April 1st from Chaosium up on ebay....and get cover or more apiece.  People who either aren't aware that Chaosium still has copies, or are overseas and would rather pay my shipping than theirs.  I bet I sell them all.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:03 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Back when I was 18 I went to a comic convention in Boston and got to look through an Action #1. The guy wanted 10K for it, and it was probably Fine at least.
The holy grail used to be Marvel Comics #1.

Frank, I'm old enough that in the late 70s, a local guy had a copy of Fantastic Four #1 signed by both Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in his comic store, everyone used to ask to see it and flip through it when they came in. It was in pretty nice shape, darn close to Near Mint, except for the sigs on the title page (even had a certificate with it, as he had won the issue as part of some charity giveaway in New York City in the 1960s). Of course, everyone thought he was nuts to ask $250 for it... 8O

He also had Spiderman #1 and all the key 1960 Marvels, with a few others, but nothing as outrageously high as that FF #1! The nerve!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:49 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:The holy grail used to be Marvel Comics #1.

I still think it is, for what that's worth. It led the chart every year when I was growing up and really into comics. It practically had its own mythology.

Action #1? Bah. That's for all these young whippersnappers with their fancy transistor radios and videotape recorders.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 33 of 87123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 858687