Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 87123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 858687
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:10 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Why anyone would sit at a computer and wait for the last second baffles me. Why not set it up to snipe automatically?

nah me no snipe :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:29 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Why anyone would sit at a computer and wait for the last second baffles me. Why not set it up to snipe automatically?

Normally I would, but on this occasion I was trying to be doubly sure because those auto sniping things have failed on me in the past. Plus I wanted to savour the moment. Yeah, that worked out well!

LOOK - enough of this, somebody just sell me the Pack already!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:31 am 

I can verify Al's no sniper - he just spots things at the very last moment!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:00 am 

Why anyone would sit at a computer and wait for the last second baffles me.

I like to see the win. Sniping is boring. There is no glory there... no sense of "yes, I did this." Its just automatic, like breathing. And, sniping is frustrating, but I'm learning how to get around it... just need more money. ;)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:31 am 

megnelwil wrote:Here's me spitting in all directions. Not over the Elder Signs, I wouldn't have paid that price. The seller also had the Antarctic Pack which went for a song, something I've been after for ages. I was all setup to snipe, ready to press the button at the required moment... poised... pressing it - INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT FIND THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR - Please try again!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Serves me right, snipers are evil. Evil I tell you! No, hold on - it's Internet Explorer that's the true evil in this world.

Somebody PLEASE sell me an Expedition Pack! I'll pay in blood.

Yeah I was watching that Expedition Pack but then backed off from bidding simply because Steven was bidding on it.  I figured he would end up winning it regardless.  Also surprised it didnt go for higher than that.

I like to see the win. Sniping is boring. There is no glory there... no sense of "yes, I did this." Its just automatic, like breathing. And, sniping is frustrating, but I'm learning how to get around it... just need more money.

Nothing wrong with sniping if you ask me.  I don't do it very often but sometimes it is simply the best way to go.  I dont like getting outbid and I like getting sniped at the last second even less.  Getting sniped is less frustrating for me than putting in a bunch of bids and still not matching someone else's high proxy bid.  And if I snipe and still get outbid it is less traumatic than if I get outbid on the last day of the auction after being the high bidder for 5 or 6 days.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:38 am 

megnelwil wrote:Somebody PLEASE sell me an Expedition Pack! I'll pay in blood.

I have one of these I might be persuaded to part with. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:12 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Yeah I was watching that Expedition Pack but then backed off from bidding simply because Steven was bidding on it. I figured he would end up winning it regardless. Also surprised it didnt go for higher than that.

Most kind of you.  I was low bidding cos I thought that the Gold-star super-ferrari Cthulhu ruleset would go for less than $200 and I would get the Antarctic Expedition Pack without paying extra for shipping...

Hahahahahahahaah !!! did I really think that??  I really ought to know better by now  :lol:  :lol:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:36 pm 

Again, Megnelwil, we see there is nothing you can possess which Red-Bus cannot take away...

BClarkie - you already know I'm a bad buyer! Why are you coming back for more?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:23 am 

Bidders go wild for a copy of Jedko games Dungeon:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:29 pm 

A magic card for $50k. Are you kidding?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:53 pm 

coastiemike8 wrote:A magic card for $50k. Are you kidding?

The hype is so hilarious, had to highlight certain aspects:

Consider the extreme demand for high grade Magic, the incredible scrutiny of BGS's grading standards, and you can appreciate the significance of this opportunity to purchase THE HIGHEST GRADED COPY IN THE WORLD

This Is The ONLY Beckett Graded Pristine 10 Black Lotus In Existence.  A Beckett Graded 9.5 Recently Sold On E-Bay For $6100.00 With 28 Bidders!  Why Does A BGS 9.5 Sell For More Than Double Of What A PSA-10 Does? …. Because It Can.  Submit A PSA-10 To Beckett & You Might Get A BGS-9.  

Comic Collectors Refer To Action Comics #1 As The Premiere Collectible Of All-Time.  To Sports Card Collectors It's the Honus Wagner Rookie.  The Top Graded Copy Of These Two Items Have Sold More For The Price Of Most Large Homes In Southern California.

The Market For Graded Magic Singles Is Still In It's Infancy, Especially When Compared To Comic Books Or Sports Cards.  Only Time Will Tell How Much This Card Will Eventually Be Worth ….But You Can Bet It Will Be A Small Fortune!

This Black Lotus Was Featured With A Headline On "Beckett Magic the Gathering" In December of 2005 With A Half Page Color Article Dedicated Just To This Card!

Payment Must Be Received Within 7 Days Of Purchase - We Will Not Ship This Item - Must Be Picked Up At Our Physical Location

So funny...so you not only have to spend 50k...you have to fly there to pick up the card!!!  

Comparing it to two of the greatest hobby collectibles in existence, both 50+ years older than this item, is another laugh inducing remark...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 pm 

Farce.

That card wouldn't have fetched that price during the dot-com boom days ... in this uncertain economy, there's no chance anyone is dropping 50K on a frickin game card.

And there's a reason that grading cards is still "in its infancy": it isn't that important. When something like 99.5-percent of all game cards ever produced will never, ever sell for more than 50 cents, it's just not that important to be worried about "corners" and "edgewear."

I'd be watching for fake bids on this one ...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:43 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Farce.

That card wouldn't have fetched that price during the dot-com boom days ... in this uncertain economy, there's no chance anyone is dropping 50K on a frickin game card.

And there's a reason that grading cards is still "in its infancy": it isn't that important. When something like 99.5-percent of all game cards ever produced will never, ever sell for more than 50 cents, it's just not that important to be worried about "corners" and "edgewear."

I'd be watching for fake bids on this one ...

Well I'm tempted to say they used the listing as an advertisment to draw buyers to their store...but they have over 25 items listed that are over $1500, and seem to sell quite a bit of high end merchandise in the comics/card field (typical sale is $200 or so).  Maybe they think they can really get that. Their feedback is impeccable so they don't seem to be from the Coug school of selling...but honestly if they sell the card, that's one whacked buyer.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:27 am 

errr... ok i have to admit that this is kind of rare... buuuut:

http://cgi.ebay.it/merp-The-Grey-Mounta ... 0199596897

...  8O !!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:10 pm 

aia wrote:errr... ok i have to admit that this is kind of rare... buuuut:

...  8O !!!

Yikes! That will be a MERP record if it sells.  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:04 am 

Well ... I happend across another seller who seems to be rather optimistic about their copy of Tulan of the Isles ...

I believe I paid less than $10 for the copy I have ...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:54 am 

I don't understand why these keep selling for the price they do so I thought I would record this bunch here:

Wilmark Dynasty

Escape from Shadowland $112.50
Journey to the Center of the Circle $34
Chivalry Lives $42.51
Lake of Parity $41.51
The Burgundy Pit $104
Melanda $56.50
Vampyre's Mirror $35

I guess they might have run out of Roomscapes or they just disintigrated before they could take them out.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:22 pm 

If I'm not mistaken, the same guy bought all of the Wilmark Dynasty modules.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 87123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 858687