Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 87123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 858687
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:33 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Hmm...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

No item descriptions, apart from 'used'.

Seems a bit high for the Trail of the Loathsome Slime but I do not see the Nightmare in Norway adventure come up very often.

I would have thought that it would have gone for the higher price of the two.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:17 am 

This seems a bit much (especially for a ropey copy).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=024

I'd probably pay £10.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:32 am 

megnelwil wrote:Hmm...

No item descriptions, apart from 'used'.

I sold a copy recently for a similar price

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:26 am 

Sardan wrote:This seems a bit much (especially for a ropey copy).

I'd probably pay £10.

Finally went for £41!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:01 pm 

Well is supect I am the only one interested in this but another copy went  for £11.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0201199089

Shame I was outbid in the dying moments!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:30 pm 

Sardan wrote:Well is supect I am the only one interested in this but another copy went  for £11.

The Citadel Compendium is a great piece with exactly what a collectible needs: what would eventually become the massive Warhammer line is revealed here in raw form as originally imagined.

You may not be the only one capable of appreciating it, but there are far too few -probably because GW has been feeding us the same stuff for too long.  

I got my copy of the CC & the WH white box for about $8 each; Dragonstrove.com has Forces of Fantasy still in the shrinkwrap for $25.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:11 am 

What in the Nine Hells is going on here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-THE-TRAVELL ... dZViewItem

Looks like someone is screwing with the seller big time.  8O

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:27 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:What in the Nine Hells is going on here?

Excuse me... I have a couple of copies that I need to get onto eBay. :lol:

(Actually I do have a copy I need to sell, but yeah: what's up with that auction?  At least one is a new user with obviously no intent on paying, but what's with the other bidder?)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:32 am 

Sardan wrote:Well is supect I am the only one interested in this but another copy went  for £11.

Shame I was outbid in the dying moments!

I picked that up at Gen Con when it first released in the states... must have been 1984? I flipped through that thing time and again over the years. It had all sorts of cool inspirational bits in it for RPGing, though it never sold me on miniatures gaming. Not sure what happened to it; it might be in a box somewhere, or maybe I ended up selling it.... hmmm...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:41 am 

jamesmishler wrote:
I picked that up at Gen Con when it first released in the states... must have been 1984? I flipped through that thing time and again over the years. It had all sorts of cool inspirational bits in it for RPGing, though it never sold me on miniatures gaming. Not sure what happened to it; it might be in a box somewhere, or maybe I ended up selling it.... hmmm...

Well if you have a copy lying afround that you don't want and I don't win the other copy on eBay today then by all means drop me a PM, I'm sure we can do a deal.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:42 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:What in the Nine Hells is going on here?

Taking another look at that, I'm even more confused.  What's in there are a number of separate products (the 5 alien books, the atlas of the imperium), parts of another product (the counters, the map -- anyone know what these are from?), and only part of what belongs in the box itself (charts & tables book, rule book -- missing the adventure book and handout sheet for it).

Edit: to summarize: I'm even more confused, as none of those items -- alone or together -- are worth the price the auction has gone up to.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Last edited by g026r on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:39 pm 

Those counters might belong to the Space Master that is showing in one of the photos.

Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:29 pm 

That's a mix of three games in that single auction:

Traveller: The box itself; Alien Modules 1, 2, and 3; and it looks like Charts and Tables from the box. It also looks like there are more Traveller books under the 3rd Alien Module and the Charts and Tables book, but I can't tell what they are. Note that he has the Rules Booklet AND Charts and Tables in another auction, too, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Space Master: The Space Master map.

Star Frontiers: Two sets of counters, the one outside the box is from Alpha Dawn (the RPG), the one inside the box is from Knight Hawks (the space combat set). He has the SF map and the cover of SF0 from Alpha Dawn in yet a third auction... and the GM screen alone in a fourth, though it is also pictured in the third!

The auction at $1,000 is just odd... someone is seriously messing with him there. The one that is currently at $87 has the rare Atlas of the Imperium, so that almost makes some sense (I can't recall if Miller has reprinted that one lately or not). But the big auction... sheesh...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:15 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:It also looks like there are more Traveller books under the 3rd Alien Module and the Charts and Tables book, but I can't tell what they are.

It's actually the fifth alien module (the way the pictures are broken up it makes the 5 books look like 3, but I can spot all 5 in there), and the top book under that pile is the Atlas of the Imperium.  The bottom book is the Rules Booklet for the Starter Edition -- though you can only tell that by the fact that it appears to be 8.5"x11" and has a diagonal red stripe in the upper right corner.  As far as I know, it was the only CT book released with dimensions and a cover like that.

So, it appears that aside from the alien books and the atlas, nothing in there is complete.  Yeah, my puzzlement increases.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:13 am 

OK...someone want to clue me in on this?

These are plastic minis for chrissake!  I see a total of 11 rare miniatures in the list of 62 total.  I know that some of the rare ones can get a bit pricey but jeez!  I did a search for some of the rares and they can pretty much all be BIN'ed for about 4 - 6 dollars.  It is a 9 day auction with over 8 days still to go.  Does anyone who buys these think these will go higher than it already has?  I guess this price is a bit shocking to me....I could expect a price like that for metal miniatures....but not plastic.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:01 pm 

Not sure if this is a new high for this item or not, but it is sure a lot higher than I ever remember seeing it go for.  8O

Makes me wish I had of forked out the money to pick one up when they were first released.  :)

Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:15 am 

Here's me spitting in all directions. Not over the Elder Signs, I wouldn't have paid that price. The seller also had the Antarctic Pack which went for a song, something I've been after for ages. I was all setup to snipe, ready to press the button at the required moment... poised... pressing it - INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT FIND THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR - Please try again!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Serves me right, snipers are evil. Evil I tell you! No, hold on - it's Internet Explorer that's the true evil in this world.

Somebody PLEASE sell me an Expedition Pack! I'll pay in blood.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:10 am 

megnelwil wrote:Here's me spitting in all directions. Not over the Elder Signs, I wouldn't have paid that price. The seller also had the Antarctic Pack which went for a song, something I've been after for ages. I was all setup to snipe, ready to press the button at the required moment... poised... pressing it - INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT FIND THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR - Please try again!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Serves me right, snipers are evil. Evil I tell you! No, hold on - it's Internet Explorer that's the true evil in this world.

Somebody PLEASE sell me an Expedition Pack! I'll pay in blood.

told ya man, nothing comes from being on the dark side :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 87123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 858687