Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:45 pm 

Ditto:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8778381450

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:45 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I'm not bidding on any auctions with jimship involved. Judging by the new account, the way the bidding goes on items he bids on, and the fact that the only non-magazine items he bids on are barents, I'm beginning to suspect shilling.

well them dungeoneers are exceptionally rare, but dunno if they are that much rare somehow....

and i guess it would figure if he sees someone lobbing in bids that its possible that it could be a shill ....

we should get BC on the case :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:34 pm 

I dunno that its shilling... Barents has had quite a few rounds of auctions in the last few weeks, and I don't recall seeing anything untoward in previous lots.

Plus if it was shilling, why would jumship have the three highest bids on the Dungeoneers? He seems determined to win.... which is the opposite of what a shiller would normally want to happen.

Regards

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:46 pm 

Just checking jimship1's bidding history, he has bid on a number of Barents' auctiuons, but he's ended up winning a good number... plus he has bids in on a large number of Imagine mag auctions from seller penryandsalinger - in some cases winning single issues for 16 quid, clearly way more than they're worth.

I think it's just a case of a new user who likes to win, and perhaps hasn't done much research on what items usually go for - I know in my early ebay days I overpaid on a number of things before I knew better. Of course, I still overpay on occasion but its more of an informed overpaying rather than inexperience.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:11 pm 

mdr003 wrote: Of course, I still overpay on occasion but its more of an informed overpaying rather than inexperience.

Sure Mike, just keep rubbing in the Warriors of Mars auction why don't you. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:15 pm 

mdr003 wrote:
I still overpay on occasion but its more of an informed overpaying rather than inexperience.

:lol: I love that 'informed overpaying'.  

I'll use it. It is definitely what I do, and sounds much more dignified... instead of hammering on the Bid Now button like like a drunken newbie (which is another way of describing my ebay buying )

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:57 pm 

red_bus wrote:
mdr003 wrote:
I still overpay on occasion but its more of an informed overpaying rather than inexperience.

I'll use it. It is definitely what I do, and sounds much more dignified... instead of hammering on the Bid Now button like like a drunken newbie (which is another way of describing my ebay buying )

Remember folks, "Friends don't let friends drink and bid."  It cuts down on that crucial reaction time for manual snipes.  8)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:02 am 

red_bus wrote:
mdr003 wrote:

mines more of a "ok, now this is gonna hurt a bit" :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:10 am 

I find that if I do NOT snipe, I generally regret my bid.  At the moment I have a bid on a CD that SELDOM comes up for auction.  So, I bid slightly high on one from Australia that is just a bit too expensive.

AND SO...now that I have placed a bid, FOUR MORE EXAMPLES of that CD have appeared on the listings and each one has a cheaper Buy It Now price than my bid and all are located in the United States.   :x

If I had placed a snipe instead of stupidly bidding, I would ALREADY HAVE this CD, for less money.  :x  :cry:  :evil:  :x  :evil:  :x  :evil:

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:21 pm 

grodog wrote:Add two more non-TSR items to the list of barents high sale prices:

$90 for
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lair-of-the-Spider- ... dZViewItem
and $125 for  
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lord-Farricks-Keep- ... dZViewItem

Okay. They're back up on eBay....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:56 pm 

Why buy them to just relist them?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:11 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Why buy them to just relist them?

I'm surprise you need to ask that, Frank?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:11 am 

Holy crap!  8O

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dol-Guldur-a-Citade ... dZViewItem

Not sure what to think about this.  I know there are some MERP items that are very rare and highly sought after but this one just doesnt make sense to me.  I bought an item from this seller before and it was a very good transaction.  Didnt gouge on shipping, very nice person, and wouldnt hesitate to buy from again...but I may have to rethink my position simply because this price reminds me of the tactics used by creep1962.  :evil:

It isnt even in very good condition if you ask me and I dont recall any Court of Ardor going for even close to this much in recent months.  They also have a SW Gorgoroth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT

Just a bit on the high side if you ask me.  I just won one in NM condition (not SW) for just over $50.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:01 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Holy crap!  8O

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dol-Guldur-a-Citade ... dZViewItem

Not sure what to think about this.  I know there are some MERP items that are very rare and highly sought after but this one just doesnt make sense to me.  I bought an item from this seller before and it was a very good transaction.  Didnt gouge on shipping, very nice person, and wouldnt hesitate to buy from again...but I may have to rethink my position simply because this price reminds me of the tactics used by creep1962.  :evil:

It isnt even in very good condition if you ask me and I dont recall any Court of Ardor going for even close to this much in recent months.  They also have a SW Gorgoroth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT

Just a bit on the high side if you ask me.  I just won one in NM condition (not SW) for just over $50.

Looks like MERP items are going through a large markup again, and 2-3 ebay sellers are trying to corner the market. I've had to block them to prevent them from buying up my inventory andmarking it up toresell (It's already happened). I would like at least some of my items to make it to the true Middle Earth fan for a decent price...

These two items didn't even last a month in my store, I had thought the price was a little high but since I never see them in this condition I thought I would mark them up a bit, apparantly it wasn't too expensive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8793025240

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8793025099

BTW King you got a deal on that mapless Arnor I traded you...I believe I saw a mapless copy go for something like $40 a couple of months ago!!!! :D  8O

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:53 am 

Badmike wrote:BTW King you got a deal on that mapless Arnor I traded you...I believe I saw a mapless copy go for something like $40 a couple of months ago!!!! :D  8O

Mike B.

Yeah...but I bought lunch.  :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:12 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Badmike wrote:BTW King you got a deal on that mapless Arnor I traded you...I believe I saw a mapless copy go for something like $40 a couple of months ago!!!! :D  8O

Mike B.

Yeah...but I bought lunch.  :P

But no beer....points off :(

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:27 am 

That MERP stuff....danged if I don't have some of it.  I wish I'd known that it was gonna be valuable.  But then, isn't that the story....  

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:41 am 

With MERP, you can still pick stuff up cheap if you look around. viz.:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

...a little lot which contained Umbar.  :D

Omne51 has been around for about two years (if I recall) and seems to have a policy of way overpricing his stuff, on the basis that someone will buy it eventually.  :roll:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

PreviousNext