Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 30 of 87123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 858687
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:20 pm 

Print runs would be nice to know for these DGP items, but we know they were short, even by Traveller standards.

It doesn't surprise me that the 2 Alien books are fetching good money. They only get more rare every year, and the DGP books will probably never be put on legit PDFs due to rights issues. Marc Miller doesn't own the rights to this stuff, and the guy holding the rights wants a large sum of cash. So I read somewhere anyway.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:35 pm 

red_dawn wrote:Print runs would be nice to know for these DGP items, but we know they were short, even by Traveller standards.

It doesn't surprise me that the 2 Alien books are fetching good money. They only get more rare every year, and the DGP books will probably never be put on legit PDFs due to rights issues. Marc Miller doesn't own the rights to this stuff, and the guy holding the rights wants a large sum of cash. So I read somewhere anyway.

Mr. Roger Sanger

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:58 pm 

Not surprised when he sees his stuff swapping hands for these prices. Hope they are never reprinted, it's fun to chase them. I got lost for years in Grand Survey, building worlds, deciding which blade of grass went where. Picked up mint (really) copies of Survey and Census a couple of weeks back, not cheap but worth every penny (cent). Naturally I don't dare read or even touch them. They're for looking at - from a distance.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:27 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Not surprised when he sees his stuff swapping hands for these prices. Hope they are never reprinted, it's fun to chase them.

+1

I know it's illogical, but I rue the day that everything is reprinted in 15 printings and available for $4.99 on PDF.

:cry:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:52 pm 

Not illogical at all. These books are connections to the past, and usually past highlights, fun involved times, imagination, saving pennies and going to school in a huff each morning a delivery didn't arrive and faking a cough when the package landed on the doorstep to bunk a day off. You can't download any of that.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:00 pm 

Les Années Folles is one of the better product ever written for CoC and a rare one but WOOOWWWW 8O  8O  8O

$390 !!!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:30 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Les Années Folles is one of the better product ever written for CoC and a rare one but WOOOWWWW 8O  8O  8O

$390 !!!!

I really wish my French was better, or that I knew some other languages.  The European-only CoC releases have always looked so interesting.  I mean, there's a German-only sourcebook for playing during Vietnam! 8O  (And I know I'd have no trouble convincing my SO to take part in a game set in 1920s Paris.)

Though, I suppose, looks can be deceiving.  The Games Workshop UK-only releases were a tad on the disappointing side, for example.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:07 am 

This supplement is very very complete, Greg Stafford said on another thread here that Chaosium wanted to translate it in English but they didn't find a person competent to do this job because of informations' density!

And insanity continues on Lovecraft products:

$550 for the 1st éd. Lovecraft Tarot

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And in the same time one was sold for "only" $95

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:15 pm 

I guess I shouldnt be that surprised about the turnout on the latest batch of Group One Traveller auctions:

Theta Borealis Sector:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0176741310

Hydronaut:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0176745623

Nithus:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0176746802

Lomodo IVa:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0176772674

Sapies:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0176777237

Wabor-Parn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0176775614

But when two or three of the heavy hitters in Traveller-collecting are bidding each other up and then thefantasymuseum comes along and drops an f'ing bomb on all of them it kinda just seems pointless to try and assign any kind of average value to these items.  I guess Kynan really needed those for his "museum".  :roll:

I guess if I really feel the need to add these to my collection I will just pick them up next year at GenCon for ten or fifteen bucks apiece.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:06 pm 

Yes I was watching some of these as well.. would like em but this is alot more than I was willing to go... patience patience (but then you have to bid as well I've learnt...doh)

Brette:)

Kingofpain89 wrote:I guess I shouldnt be that surprised about the turnout on the latest batch of Group One Traveller auctions:

Theta Borealis Sector:

Hydronaut:

Nithus:

Lomodo IVa:

Sapies:

Wabor-Parn:

But when two or three of the heavy hitters in Traveller-collecting are bidding each other up and then thefantasymuseum comes along and drops an f'ing bomb on all of them it kinda just seems pointless to try and assign any kind of average value to these items.  I guess Kynan really needed those for his "museum".  :roll:

I guess if I really feel the need to add these to my collection I will just pick them up next year at GenCon for ten or fifteen bucks apiece.  :wink:

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:41 pm 

more burntwire magic?? :lol: :lol:

wizards & warfare $146 2nd edition not 1st shown  

$87 bit worn 3rd edition not 2nd shown  

degassy31 lucky not to win i think at such prices ;) ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:49 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I guess I shouldnt be that surprised about the turnout on the latest batch of Group One Traveller auctions:

Theta Borealis Sector:

Hydronaut:

Nithus:

Lomodo IVa:

Sapies:

Wabor-Parn:

Not to mention Group One products are pretty much Grade-A crap.....hard to find RPG items less deserving of their inflated prices!

Mike B

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:28 pm 

I've seen quite a few of these sell before but I think this is the highest price I've seen yet. I guess it's not a silly price, just a little surprising:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:08 am 

pieces transfer from wf#1 by same seller helped. price higher before without extra pieces but unpunched
1st print not common 800 made not 1000 said there

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:58 am 

Anyone know anything about this?

I only include it in the "silliest price thread" because....well....it does seem to be a bit silly at this point and not very interesting.  Something like this I would think was perhaps a freebie or included in a box set.  But I have never seen one or seen a reference for one on any Traveller website.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:45 am 

It appears that you aren't buying an old collectible, but a place in someone's current campaign.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:51 pm 

I looked at that a couple of days ago myself, looks to me like someone has just done it up for themselves.. certainly not worth (IMHO) what the bid is now..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:11 pm 

Hmm...

No item descriptions, apart from 'used'.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 30 of 87123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 858687