Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 87123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 858687
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:56 pm 

Lance is pretty notorious for willing to pay more than most people for nonTSR stuff.  I have been outbid by him many, many times but that's the nature of Ebay.  At least it wasn't $100 for a copy of X1 or B2.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:44 am 

Yes, although X1 and B2 do appear more frequently on eBay than Ironhoof Highlands.

Oh well ... guess I will just have to patiently wait for the next one to crop up out of the woodwork.  Annoying part is that it does kind of put a damper on wrapping up my OCR project for Judges Guild.

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:54 am 

- Not bitter ... just scratching my head at what some people are willing to pay for what would normally be considered a relatively inexpensive item.[/quote]
not that inexpensive but you were willing to pay too so look in mirror when headscratching?? :) :)
or bid more and offset against $5 beastmaker

- Oh well ... guess I will just have to patiently wait for the next one to crop up out of the woodwork.  Annoying part is that it does kind of put a damper on wrapping up my OCR project for Judges Guild.
if for rewrites project you said why not ask long ago instead??

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:57 am 

not that inexpensive but you were willing to pay too so look in mirror when headscratching??   or bid more and offset against $5 beastmaker

Personally, I did not anticipate being sniped by a prolific collector with deep pockets and was expecting it to settle in the $40 to $45 range after everything was said and done.  That said, should another copy become available in the near future, I will carefully consider what I am willing to pay before placing any bids or discussing any offers outside of eBay.

if for rewrites project you said why not ask long ago instead??

Ironhoof Highlands is not considered part of the Wilderlands proper and will probably never be officially sanctioned for a rewrite.  The only reason for wanting to do a scan/edit of the module would be to add it to the floating library of reference material in case it was decided that it could be used as part of a larger rewrite project later on.  This would also depend upon who officially retains the rights to the IP containd within the module as it was published outside of Judges Guild.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:01 pm 

WereSteve wrote:Ironhoof Highlands is not considered part of the Wilderlands proper and will probably never be officially sanctioned for a rewrite.  The only reason for wanting to do a scan/edit of the module would be to add it to the floating library of reference material in case it was decided that it could be used as part of a larger rewrite project later on.  This would also depend upon who officially retains the rights to the IP containd within the module as it was published outside of Judges Guild.

*Ears perk up*

Ironhoof Highlands has an unofficial connection to the Wilderlands?

Also, what kind of JG project are you working up, WereSteve?

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:06 pm 

Ironhoof Highlands has an unofficial connection to the Wilderlands?

No ... no connection with the Wilderlands when it was written.  I have been toying around with the possibilty of seeing if it could be used as part of a future rewrite project, but without a copy of my own there is no real good way to evaluate its potential usefulness.

Also, what kind of JG project are you working up, WereSteve?

At present ... nothing official as of yet since we [Eostros Games] have to wait for another few months until after Dark Tower has been out a while to see how the overall sales figures shape up for all three modules released through Goodman Games before it is know whether or not Jospeh Goodman will approve more modules or not.

Unofficially --- rewrite/expansion of _Terror in the North_ from Pegasus #8 as a prequel to _Citadel of Fire_ and potential lead in to _Prey of Darkness_ should it get the nod for update/rewrite.  It's going to take a bit of work to get Damkina into shape and expand upon a few rather nasty ideas that I have for the rewrite.  Needless to say ... more Purebloods and more Blood Maidens are going to show up.

I have also been pestered from time to time to organize all my notes that I have for a _Portals of_ rewrite, but right now that would be a bit much as I am not certain if Goodman would allow for a 256 page super module as that is what I have in mind for a new version of the Portals series.  That, and I would prefer to have _Druids of Doom_ converted and placed somewhere "out of the way" within the Wilderlands as a lead in to a new Portals adventure.

Note: If I managed to get a copy of Ironhoof Highlands it would probably be fodder for the Portals rewrite as this would be the best way to connect it in with the Wilderlands considering that I am not planning on using Portals of Twilight in the updated version of the Portals series.

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:53 pm 

today is lets make lofenloc pay day again i guess. valley of the pharoahs $167 shrink but damage  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

why did noone want  
direct from kevin s.?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:25 pm 

Kevin's is just the cover sheet.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:28 pm 

Kevin's is just the cover sheet.[/quote]
yes but signed and from the archives nice addition for rpg museum for token money compared with the imperfect box set

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:59 am 

Item Number:  
- Grand Census If this gets sold then I'm breaking a promise to myself and getting into the selling business - fast.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:41 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Item Number:  
- Grand CensusIf this gets sold then I'm breaking a promise to myself and getting into the selling business - fast.
Get selling boyo!!! ($IMHO $250 was a tad too much, but the way things seem to be at the moment I'm not 100% surprised!!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:46 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Item Number:  
- Grand CensusIf this gets sold then I'm breaking a promise to myself and getting into the selling business - fast.
Just looked at the seller's other items. PDT_Armataz_01_23 is all I'll say.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:02 am 

Copies of Survey and Census are going for $50 (play) through $90 (collect) from Waynes World of Books on Amazon. Great books, I had hours and hours of geeky fun with these when I were a lad.

www.waynesbooks.com

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:34 pm 

White Dwarf #1

Nice condition.

£260 ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHITE-DWARF-1st-I ... dZViewItem

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:06 pm 

- £260 ?

-  
[/quote]

How many are likely to be about now? ...in any condition...100? :lol: :lol: more many many more

could work. another sold fast at #250 fixed price with later date stamp on cover only one or two months after auction at #40 from good seller in france. not patience at all

spine tear not from binder?? but thumbcreases and used as intended

megnelwil you do not want this :) :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:31 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:another sold fast at #250 fixed price with later date stamp on cover only one or two months after auction at #40 from good seller in france. not patience at all

Speaking as the person who bought that WD 1 at £40, I feel very smug about the prices rocketing up  :D

No, I'm not going to relist it  :P

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:04 am 

Amber Diceless $80 BIN

Deities and Demigods with Melnibonean and Cthulhu $125 BIN

I guess I'm lucky I already have both.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:37 pm 

- £260 ?

-  
[/quote]

- How many are likely to be about now? ...in any condition...100? :lol: :lol: more many many more

- could work. another sold fast at #250 fixed price with later date stamp on cover

silly me 4 speaking :geek: :geek:

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 87123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 858687