Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 87123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 858687
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:40 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I believe that this seller has shown up in this thread before but this just pisses me off to no end:

(snippage)

I haven't seen Vanguard Reaches or Beyond even hit $50 in the past six months or so.  Maybe if a couple of noobs get in a bidding war they might get up to $75 but I doubt it.  But SORAG for $75?  That is just frickin' retarded since they don't usually go for more than $15 or $20 at the most.

It's bad enough that these Paranoia Press books don't show up very often but then greedy seller's like this have to pull this shit.  :evil:

Hot. Damn!

*looks at the game shelf, where 3 "Vanguard Reaches", 3 "Merchants and Merchandise", and 2 "Scouts and Assassins" stand. All Mint or Near Mint.*

I need to educate myself on the stuff I own.

-- MW

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:53 pm 

- *looks at the game shelf, where 3 "Vanguard Reaches", 3 "Merchants and Merchandise", and 2 "Scouts and Assassins" stand. All Mint or Near Mint.*
- I need to educate myself on the stuff I own.

did not sell at price sorry to disappoint. one dreadnought size exception but none of the above

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:14 am 

Does this seem a tad excessive? I have never seen such enthusiasm for Rolemaster books.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:33 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0115430256

paid about $30 and third bid still about $30 another crazy price thanks to lofenloc :) :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:37 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:

paid about $30 and third bid still about $30 another crazy price thanks to lofenloc :) :)

Oh cmon, you know when I picked that up I got a steal on it. And besides there very well may have been some other snipes in there that didn't register. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:59 am 

- Oh cmon, you know when I picked that up I got a steal on it. And besides there very well may have been some other snipes in there that didn't register. :)

unlikely anything near the $190 win. anyone admitting? :) :)
at $30 there was no bidding war even though advertised properly because only peripheral interest to wee warriors and not much else. cover art not even that good. another better copy sold at $40 or $50 more recent??
headline billing = 2 fun bids but next one to lofenloc!! ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:04 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:- Oh cmon, you know when I picked that up I got a steal on it. And besides there very well may have been some other snipes in there that didn't register. :)

unlikely anything near the $190 win. anyone admitting? :) :)
at $30 there was no bidding war even though advertised properly because only peripheral interest to wee warriors and not much else. cover art not even that good. another better copy sold at $40 or $50 more recent??
headline billing = 2 fun bids but next one to lofenloc!! ;)

I got that from the burntwirebrothers about 2 years ago now(give or take) and it was around $30 to $35.  I can specifically remember being very surprised it going that cheap.  However, I haven't seen one sell since then and although I don't actively seek them out, I have had wee warriors on a search list for over a year now and haven't seen one in that time either.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:45 am 

bclarkie wrote:
I got that from the burntwirebrothers about 2 years ago now(give or take) and it was around $30 to $35.  I can specifically remember being very surprised it going that cheap.  However, I haven't seen one sell since then and although I don't actively seek them out, I have had wee warriors on a search list for over a year now and haven't seen one in that time either.

I remember that auction and didn't bid because I thought it would go for something much higher.  I'm not too surprised with the price that this one went for now and I won't be very surprised if the price stays up there should another one come along.  We've seen it happen with a lot more less rare items.  Look at TSR Warriors of Mars, I remember a few years back they sold in the sub $100 range.  Then there was that whole keepontheborderlands guy trying to sell his for $300 (crazy at the time) over and over.  He finally sold it and the market for them has been upto $500 since.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:57 pm 

thanks for thoughts. did you bid? ;) one dogtags only since burntwire sale and was not much more money. doubt very much is anything like the interest of warriors of mars as no fame at all on printing or history or content. will find out next one :)
rarity not same as value do have more rare items worth only $5 or $10 :D :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:30 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:thanks for thoughts. did you bid?

I didn't bid on this one because money was tight and I decided a little while back that I can't afford to start collecting Wee Warrior items yet.  If I was going to bid, I probably would have put on a bid in the $100 range.

one dogtags only since burntwire sale and was not much more money.

I missed that auction as well and do a blanket search for "Wee Warriors".

doubt very much is anything like the interest of warriors of mars as no fame at all on printing or history or content. will find out next one :)
rarity not same as value do have more rare items worth only $5 or $10

What makes me think this might be the rise of Dogtags is that all of the other Wee Warriors products sell in this range and higher.  It seems pretty natural that although Dogtags might not be as popular, there is going to be that "its still a Wee Warriors product" mentality to get it.

Part of what makes Warriors of Mars go for so much is that it is a TSR collectible (I think the hype of if here also has a lot to do with it).  Other companies like Heritage also made similar products that don't sell for nearly as much.  So a lot of the value is just from it being the subject and TSR and I think same big pricetags go with the Wee Warriors name.

Its tough to try and value a lot of these things because as you say, rarity is not the same as value.  There are lots of rare items in the $5 and $10 range.  Same thing for quality too.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:40 pm 

- What makes me think this might be the rise of Dogtags is that all of the other Wee Warriors products sell in this range and higher.  It seems pretty natural that although Dogtags might not be as popular, there is going to be that "its still a Wee Warriors product" mentality to get it.

completist mentality versus six die-hard wee warriors collectors?? :)
catch seemed that both others sold no more than $50 when other wee warriors were already hundreds or even a thousand
know what you mean cannot afford to start :o

- Part of what makes Warriors of Mars go for so much is that it is a TSR collectible (I think the hype of if here also has a lot to do with it)

yass and whole suppressed product story and erb connection helps

- Its tough to try and value a lot of these things because as you say, rarity is not the same as value.  There are lots of rare items in the $5 and $10 range.  Same thing for quality too.[/quote]

agree strongly + hope stays that way mars!! :D :D
varanae dragons much more interesting too thanks ;) slightly more ok but point still there. :) more nontsr collectors than wee warriors just for name??

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:59 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I believe that this seller has shown up in this thread before but this just pisses me off to no end:

And this one takes the cake:

I haven't seen Vanguard Reaches or Beyond even hit $50 in the past six months or so.  Maybe if a couple of noobs get in a bidding war they might get up to $75 but I doubt it.  But SORAG for $75?  That is just frickin' retarded since they don't usually go for more than $15 or $20 at the most.

It's bad enough that these Paranoia Press books don't show up very often but then greedy seller's like this have to pull this shit.  :evil:

Wow!  This idiot just keeps trying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grand-Survey-Digest ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vilani-Vargr-DGP-87 ... dZViewItem

Must be 10 cent listing day again eh?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:50 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

I noticed him - He has a High Passage 4 for $75 - on the same search page as 1 for a $1 start or $6 BIN - 10c or not, surely this is idiocy beyond the pale. (Or perhaps he needs the money for new medication  :lol:  :lol: (j/k))

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:33 am 

Not necessarily silly, but pretty high nonetheless (even for mint cond.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ICE-MERP-LOTR-Modul ... dZViewItem

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:56 am 

If you take a look at all of his other MERp auctions, you'll see that three bidders are basically responsible. All bid in the same manner, i.e. multiple creeping bids. The whole thing smells fishy. I'd love to pick up some of the items, but I'll pass.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:12 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:If you take a look at all of his other MERp auctions, you'll see that three bidders are basically responsible. All bid in the same manner, i.e. multiple creeping bids. The whole thing smells fishy. I'd love to pick up some of the items, but I'll pass.

I am surprised that one of those bidders has negative feedback on four occassions as a non-payer.
Either the sellers did not file non-payment strikes or eBay is no longer cancelling accounts after the third strike.
It just shows that if somebody does not pay, the seller is not doing anybody any favor by not filing a non-payment claim.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:53 pm 

red_bus wrote:Not necessarily silly, but pretty high nonetheless (even for mint cond.)

Not necessarily silly! That price is insane. A couple of these have sold recently in Australi for $30 to $40. I don't think I've ever seen it go for over $60. $150 is crazy.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:32 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Must be 10 cent listing day again eh?

HAHA!!!

Kingofpain89 - 2

Dumbass reseller - 0

Take a look at who the other bidder was.  Jayhoelinc is starting to remind me a lot of a couple of other resellers who thought they could buy up everything in a particular genre and sell it for ten times its actual going rate.

This definitely makes up for the shitty weekend I had.  :batman:

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 87123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 858687