Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 87123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 858687
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:32 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:---  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

digest format alien star fanzine $76
anyone any ideas why? :P :P :P

They are insane and have too much $$ :lol:

Not even one of the early origionals..

Brette:)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:13 am 

beasterbrook wrote:

They are insane and have too much $$ :lol:

Not even one of the early origionals..

Maybe they just feel the same way I do.  They are sick of putting in safe bids and still getting outbid by the same person.  I can tell you this...if I had the money to throw around I would do my best to outbid madmaksid on every auction he was bidding on.  That guy must sit in front of a computer 24 hours a day bidding on stuff.  He bids on just about anything that has to do with gaming.  Wargames, RPG's, boardgames, etc.  He just joined Ebay last year and he has already won over 2000 auctions.  And that is just from looking at his feedback.  From what it looks like though he is just starting out on D&D.

In all the years I have been using Ebay, he is the first buyer that has actually frustrated me so much that I am almost to the point of giving up on ever winning any of the harder to find Traveller items because he apparently wants them all...and wants them badly enough that he is usually willing to bid higher than anyone else even if the price is outrageous.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:41 am 

In the last few years, I have run across a few people like this too.  First it was those Burntwire fellas for D&D stuff, then mbassoc for nonTSR D&D stuff.  Then when I stepped up the bidding a bit, Lofenloc and TFM seemed to have starting making a big push on this stuff too.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:39 am 

Mars wrote:In the last few years, I have run across a few people like this too.  First it was those Burntwire fellas for D&D stuff, then mbassoc for nonTSR D&D stuff.  Then when I stepped up the bidding a bit, Lofenloc and TFM seemed to have starting making a big push on this stuff too.

Mars, you sound like me :)

Lance is just the devil - no 2 ways about it :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:31 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:In all the years I have been using Ebay, he is the first buyer that has actually frustrated me so much ...

King, you probably know this already, but there's a pretty good chance this guy won't be a factor for too much longer. There's three things (off the top of my head) that could limit his bidding soon enough:

1. Finally winning all the items he's looking for;
2. Running out of funds;
3. General burnout from having to be constantly tethered to eBay.

I think most of us have proably run into this sort of fellow in the past. My own personal horror story comes from a few years ago and involved a guy that was winning just about every Fantasy Trip / Space Gamer / Metagaming auction that was available. After a few weeks, though, he moved on to other things, probably from one of the three things listed above.

Anyway, hang in there. It can't last forever ... I think.  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:32 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:King, you probably know this already, but there's a pretty good chance this guy won't be a factor for too much longer. There's three things (off the top of my head) that could limit his bidding soon enough:

1. Finally winning all the items he's looking for;
2. Running out of funds;
3. General burnout from having to be constantly tethered to eBay.

I think most of us have proably run into this sort of fellow in the past. My own personal horror story comes from a few years ago and involved a guy that was winning just about every Fantasy Trip / Space Gamer / Metagaming auction that was available. After a few weeks, though, he moved on to other things, probably from one of the three things listed above.

Anyway, hang in there. It can't last forever ... I think.  :)

Its cyclical...there have been a few times over the years when a few "discovered" ebay and driven prices up in a certain genre (say, MERP items) by getting into bidding wars with each other. Then they move on, and things get back to normal...forawhile.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:53 pm 

I read somewhere that Madmaksid had a lottery win - If this is the case he's doing precisely what I would do in the circumstances :D

Let's face it he may not be buying in the most sensible manner, some of the prices he pays seem insane, but then, why not?

(and Xaxaxe is probably right - these kind of buyer tends not to last forever - once you've got everything the thrill soon fades!!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:11 pm 

gyg wrote:once you've got everything the thrill soon fades!!)

How true.  We need another crop of rabid Judges Guild collectors!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:33 pm 

Someone really wants this:

8O

It's not over yet - there's still time for sniping!  :D

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:37 pm 

Wow. That's the highest price I've ever seen for  White Dwarf #1 and it's not over!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:20 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Wow. That's the highest price I've ever seen for  White Dwarf #1 and it's not over!

Oooh Oooh I have a spare...LOL

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:29 pm 

Man, I just love the art and colors on those early WDs!

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:36 pm 

- Oooh Oooh I have a spare...LOL

why not up with buy-it-now? :) :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:52 pm 

Hey, no fishing without a license, please!   :D

Besides, I want it!

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:12 pm 

- Hey, no fishing without a license, please!   :D

when fishing it is best not to miss the boat  

$87 < £155. waiting for the right price still works and £155 is insane

anyone see people listing brand new white dwarf binders now adding rider about them being the original company? never said anything about being repro before  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:42 am 

I believe that this seller has shown up in this thread before but this just pisses me off to no end:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beyond-PP1004-Trave ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vanguard-Reaches-PP ... dZViewItem

And this one takes the cake:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sorag-PP1005-Travel ... dZViewItem

I haven't seen Vanguard Reaches or Beyond even hit $50 in the past six months or so.  Maybe if a couple of noobs get in a bidding war they might get up to $75 but I doubt it.  But SORAG for $75?  That is just frickin' retarded since they don't usually go for more than $15 or $20 at the most.

It's bad enough that these Paranoia Press books don't show up very often but then greedy seller's like this have to pull this shit.  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:38 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I believe that this seller has shown up in this thread before but this just pisses me off to no end:

And this one takes the cake:

I haven't seen Vanguard Reaches or Beyond even hit $50 in the past six months or so.  Maybe if a couple of noobs get in a bidding war they might get up to $75 but I doubt it.  But SORAG for $75?  That is just frickin' retarded since they don't usually go for more than $15 or $20 at the most.

It's bad enough that these Paranoia Press books don't show up very often but then greedy seller's like this have to pull this shit.  :evil:

King;

Yesterday was .20 cent listing day.  Be prepared to find lots of insanely high prices for the next week or so....For twenty cents, sellers will throw almost anything up there at almost any price....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:29 am 

Badmike wrote:Yesterday was .20 cent listing day.  Be prepared to find lots of insanely high prices for the next week or so....For twenty cents, sellers will throw almost anything up there at almost any price....

Also, the current $2 to £1 means that they're showing up in uk auctions, often with really high shipping prices. $24 to ship to the UK? Is that just another side effect of the weak dollar?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 87123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 858687