Silliest non-TSR auction price
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:22 pm 

red_bus wrote:
tfm wrote:I've been watching the barents1234 auctions close all day.  Did Cthulhu awaken and I wasn't told?

Well, clearly the Daystar West Pharaoh went for $30 too much.  :wink:  :)

Or perhaps $530 too much. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:24 pm 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

yes, that would be the saner answer.  :)

I suppose the consolation is that at least I will be able to eat well tomorrow (instead of beans and rice again).

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:19 pm 

tfm wrote:I've been watching the barents1234 auctions close all day.  Did Cthulhu awaken and I wasn't told?

Looks like it! :lol:

I think I'll just sit back and watch. 'Tis a good spectator sport and I'm sure the seller must be loving every moment, too.

bclarkie wrote:I guess this is what you get when you play around with a newbie:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8767050321

*wonders whether the Monkey God's Curse is dormant mildew, in addition to that "Cover is worn from storage and has some (food?) stains"*

Brian; congrats on not winning, again! ;)

$83 was crazy, IMO. I picked up a F/VF copy for $20-odd (IIRC) from a reputable collector via eBay last year: don't recall much competition, either.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Or perhaps $530 too much. :wink:

Heh, heh... Only that much? :oops:

Oh well, as long as the winner and seller are happy! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:08 pm 

Add two more non-TSR items to the list of barents high sale prices:

$90 for

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lair-of-the-Spider- ... dZViewItem

and $125 for  

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lord-Farricks-Keep- ... dZViewItem

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:32 pm 

:D  I've spent about $500 on his stuff. I've been after those two for a long time. I missed out on the IDD module though, just like Minotaur a couple of months ago. I keep missing those.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:43 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote::D  I've spent about $500 on his stuff.

You'll get that back soon enough, I presume?

Not quite the same as actually having to spend and not recoup the monies paid.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:48 pm 

faro wrote:Not quite the same as actually having to spend and not recoup the monies paid.

The stuff tends to sit in my eBay shop for a while. But it'll sell eventually. Besides, I need time to scan some of it. I'm most pleased with Tombs of Valla. I've been looking for that one for a while also. I'm sure the last one sold for over $100?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:17 pm 

I wanted the Mercury Games stuff too and that's why you ended up paying quite a bit for it :)

But I guess having Bane of Bryreville to go with the Minotaur (from a few months back) will have to have to do for now.  At least is saves me some money for now.

I have been tracking these items for a while too and as far as I know these are the only copies that have shown up in the past couple of years.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:06 pm 

Given how much the Mercury Games stuff is selling for these day, I'm beginning to wonder if I undervalued my prepub Spider Mother when I traded it as part of a lot for Warriors of Mars....

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:46 pm 

Is there a history of Mercury Games stuff selling on Ebay?  The latest ones are the only ones that I have seen go.  When/What did the previous ones sell for?

I think Warriors of Mars is a pretty hot comodity too.  I would be willing to pay much more for it than the Mercury Games stuff.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:15 pm 

Mars wrote:Is there a history of Mercury Games stuff selling on Ebay?  The latest ones are the only ones that I have seen go.  When/What did the previous ones sell for?

More than I've been willing to pay ;)  I don't recall seeing Lord Farrik's Keep before, but Lair of the Spider Mother has sold two or three times in the past few years for $40-80 IIRC, so these prices were higher, but not way out of line.  The prices, have, of course risen each time ;-)

Mars wrote:I think Warriors of Mars is a pretty hot comodity too.  I would be willing to pay much more for it than the Mercury Games stuff.

Yeah, I still think I probably got a more-than-fair deal, in the end.  I just lament the loss of my cool original non-TSR super-rare :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:20 pm 

Mars wrote:I think Warriors of Mars is a pretty hot comodity too.  I would be willing to pay much more for it than the Mercury Games stuff.

You might have yourself quite a fight on that one.  I am still quite sour about the last one that was up and I didnt win.  I am almost at the point of "at any cost" to win one. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

You might have yourself quite a fight on that one.  I am still quite sour about the last one that was up and I didnt win.  I am almost at the point of "at any cost" to win one. :?

I remember that one....  :lol:  I think you let the acaeum collective talk you out of that one, as being overpriced. They may well be right, but I figured it was still within the bounds of being reasonable.

Regards

Mike

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:36 pm 

mdr003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

I remember that one....  :lol:  I think you let the acaeum collective talk you out of that one, as being overpriced. They may well be right, but I figured it was still within the bounds of being reasonable.

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike, rub salt in the wound why dont you. :oops:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Thanks Mike, rub salt in the wound why dont you. :oops:

Don't worry, Brian. "Reasonable" Mike was also happy to pay $255 for SG #1. :)

All these numbers are relative, I guess.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:33 pm 

I am looking for a Warrior of Mars too and I seem to be getting more desperate as time goes on.  I remember passing a few a couple years ago that were in the $90 range but now I would go over $200.  Did my scare tactics work?

It is the one early TSR supplement that I really need to add to my collection.  I also need a second print War of Wizards and maybe a first print Tricolor (will have to check that one) but they aren't so crutial.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:52 am 

What does the second print War of Wizards look like? I have one for trade.

PreviousNext