Silliest non-TSR auction price
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:31 am 

Mars wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:To capitalize on the frenzy, I've listed my copy for a mere less than 1 bundle of Wilmark modules:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Hi Mark, what is the first edition: black or purple cover?

In any case all the best, this is one of those books i see it a difficult capitalization!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:24 pm 

aia wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price: what is the first edition: black or purple cover?

Both are 1st edition, 1st print books.  The black cover was given to people who worked on the project, purple to backers of the kickstarter.  I thought there were also some 1st print teal covers - they ran out of the purple material.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:54 am 

I'm not sure if this is a silly price or not. I feel these days I am being priced out of the hobby. I am well off but can't seem to come to terms with the massive appreciation of prices for just about anything D&D. I just can't see myself forking our five times what I think items are worth. Am I becoming an old cantankerous geezer unable to move with the times?  :scratch:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:47 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:I am well off but can't seem to come to terms with the massive appreciation of prices for just about anything D&D.

Compare it to the rise in prices of other modern necessities. For example, our president's request yesterday for another $100 billion to go to arms manufacturers (plus 10% for the big guy). In comparison, $708 for this boxed set looks cheap.

Previous