Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 82 of 87123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 858687
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:30 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Whafuck?

Wow...the cheapest Polyhedron 11 on EBay right now!!! That price is INSANE!!!!  :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:31 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:This zinged right past my bid

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I am not sure its the silliest price but it shows there is a market for the rare Wee Warriors stuff

What in the Christ is going on with the world? THIRTY SIX bids and $1,700?  By this rationale, a 2nd print brown box should be worth about $25,000.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:37 pm 

Original Dungeons and Dragons Set - Woodgrain Box - First Printing  | eBay

And I literally just saw this.
I'm not into active collecting anymore, but this kind of thing makes me sad. The days when you'd trade or even give away stuff are gone. Now it's all about paying ludicrous amounts of money to own a rare item. I pity anyone trying to make a good collection these days. I don't know if it's because more people are getting into collecting, but I suspect it is the money aspect as opposed to wanting to own items. Thank you, eBay.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:40 pm 

Not D&D but........

Blimey 8O

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 am 

That's more shocking to me than the woodgrain. (Not that I know anything about minis)

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:54 am 

LOL. Me too.

Of course most people I know, that aren't into D&D, would believe the opposite.  :lol:

Some of these (not this one in particular), I suspect are good ways to transfer money *discreetly*, so to speak.

Carpe DM!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:33 am 

This figure is the miniature collecting holy grail it would seem.
Many threads on various sites have doubted its very existence and  I've certainly never seen an auction before this one.
I would imagine its certainly rarer than a first print brown box with the added benefit that you can make it as good as new by soaking it in Dettol , something I wouldn't recommend for OD&D stuff :D

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:17 am 

Holy grail or not, here's how the conversation would go:

Wife: "That's a neat-looking book. Is that a Griffon?"
Me: "Yup, that's a tournament module. There probably aren't 70 left in the world. It's worth thousands".
Wife: "Looks like it would be. What's this warped little lead soldier guy? He doesn't even stand up."
Me: "Um, that's an unreleased Nuln spearman."
Wife: "How much was it?"
Me: " Oh shit, look at the time, I gotta go to a customer site..."
Wife: "HOW MUCH?"
Me: "Uhhhhhh........ about $1,700. But it's super-rare! It'll get that price any day."
Wife: "Didn't you say there was a tournament module that was worth a lot until someone found a pile of them and sold them all?"
Me: "What, Lost Tsojconth? I think I misremembered that. Yeah, I'm sure I did."
"CLICK"
(sound of a customized Russian SKS on full automatic emptying a 20 round clip)
"beep beep beep"
"911, what is your emergency?"
"Hi! I just shot my husband to death. He was insane. Can you send someone with paper towels and a Glad bag?"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:05 am 

Deadlord wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:Original Dungeons and Dragons Set - Woodgrain Box - First Printing  | eBay

I'm not into active collecting anymore, but this kind of thing makes me sad. The days when you'd trade or even give away stuff are gone. Now it's all about paying ludicrous amounts of money to own a rare item. I pity anyone trying to make a good collection these days. I don't know if it's because more people are getting into collecting, but I suspect it is the money aspect as opposed to wanting to own items. Thank you, eBay.

This has happened many times before.  Once kids grow up and have a disposable income, they want to re-capture the items from their childhood.  Guess what group of "kids" is all grown up and has money to spend on roleplaying stuff they sold, lost, destroyed, or just never had!  :D

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:32 pm 

muaddib5 wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:
Deadlord wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

This has happened many times before.  Once kids grow up and have a disposable income, they want to re-capture the items from their childhood.  Guess what group of "kids" is all grown up and has money to spend on roleplaying stuff they sold, lost, destroyed, or just never had!  :D

So who's was it (Who was the original owner... and what's so special, if anything, about the scribbling...?)?

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:25 pm 

Read all about it:

Original Dungeons & Dragons Set -- Woodgrain - 1st Print

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:55 pm 

Of course,

I posted here before discovering the thread on the other page.

It would be great if one of the 6th graders turned out to be someone famous (or infamous).

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:07 pm 

At least $4,700 too much.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:59 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:At least $4,700 too much.

Wow!  8O

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I bought my copy of Mitlanyal for $50 from Carl in 2013.  Perhaps I should sell it ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:19 am 

Hand painted so it is an original!

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Carpe DM!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:30 pm 

This is crazy:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:47 am 

burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:This is crazy:

Did someone slap this together, or is this a legitimate item?

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 82 of 87123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 858687