Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 79 of 87123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 858687
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:59 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

eBay store with a lot of items at full retail or higher (most are still available from any online game store).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:25 pm 

If you list something for long enough (and have NKG to help out)? Sheesh...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

(I think the copies I've been giving away probably qualify as "mint" by comparison. ;p)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:11 pm 

Hmm David, I think one could maybe justify $39.81 for the lot as reading material. Oh it was $398. Well that's just crazy for that bunch of worn and mildewy junk. In my opinion. No offense if anyone here bought that steaming pile. Perhaps someone felt that the secret hidden code to unlock one's understanding of the universe is contained in the pages of an underworld oracle issue they did not have. In which case, it was a bargain.

Shrink is not a condition

Last edited by stratochamp on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:24 am 

Crap! The most I've ever gotten for an Oracle is 10 bucks...in nicer shape.  Ah well....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:29 am 

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:48 pm 

Um:  Wow:  

Just wow.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:25 pm 

8O  WTF!?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:48 pm 

grodog wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:Um:  Wow:  

Just wow.

Just wow is right and WTFF!

What causes this? The Acaeum effect? Foreign bidders? Non-paying bidder driving price up on purpose?

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:59 am 

webrik33 wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

What causes this? ... Foreign bidders?

Haha!!   Those pesky varmints with their strange ways...  hold on I have a trap around here somewhere...  :)

From the bidding it looks like two people with deep pockets really wanted this (or possibly one wanted the other to pay a lot, although I think that is much less likely).  Note also that as bidding was already high close to the end, any other bidders who were planning to go in at the last minute or who were using bidnip etc.. will not show up. There may well have been more willing to bid high. .. C&S Arden is hard to get with all the maps and plastic overlay in nice condition.

I don't have a copy, and this is the nicest I have seen on ebay in a decade. That was why I had it on my watch list to maybe snipe... at up to $150(ish) or more, which as we now see is laughably low.  :)

Here are a couple of older ones:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

($58 with no maps)

($77 with maps (all?) and possibly the hex)

I have heard people say/offer $100+ for a complete copy, and based on that would have (roughly) priced a VF copy at $150 or $200. That looks low now  :lol:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Last edited by red_bus on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 am 

$100+ for a complete copy (with all maps) looks to be a correct price.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 pm 

red_bus wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:I don't have a copy, and this is the nicest I have seen on ebay in a decade. That was why I had it on my watch list to maybe snipe... at up to $150(ish) or more, which as we now see is laughably low.  :)

($58 with no maps)

I have heard people say/offer $100+ for a complete copy, and based on that would have (roughly) priced a VF copy at $150 or $200. That looks low now  :lol:

I recalled the last two selling, and was interested, but not hugely so (not being a C&S collector or player), but would have bought it because I'd heard good things about it as a sourcebook/content (and I've been re-reading Zelazny's Amber series, which naturally piqued my interest in the book further ;) ).  But obviously I wasn't sufficiently interested in it either  :D :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:20 am 

red_bus wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:
webrik33 wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

What causes this? ... Foreign bidders?

Haha!!   Those pesky varmints with their strange ways...  hold on I have a trap around here somewhere...  :)

From the bidding it looks like two people with deep pockets really wanted this (or possibly one wanted the other to pay a lot, although I think that is much less likely).  Note also that as bidding was already high close to the end, any other bidders who were planning to go in at the last minute or who were using bidnip etc.. will not show up. There may well have been more willing to bid high. .. C&S Arden is hard to get with all the maps and plastic overlay in nice condition.

I don't have a copy, and this is the nicest I have seen on ebay in a decade. That was why I had it on my watch list to maybe snipe... at up to $150(ish) or more, which as we now see is laughably low.  :)

($58 with no maps)

I didn't mean to imply 'foreign' bidders were bad per se, I've just always felt they were willing to pay more for items not readily available across the way. IMO.

That being said, I am a big fan of all FGU items. And Arden is one of the things I'm missing but I would never pay that much for a pristine mint complete copy

It just looked like a couple of bidders playing 'if I can't have it, neither will you.'

I guess one could always email Steven and see if they actually paid for it. Lol

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Last edited by webrik33 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:37 pm 

No problem at all - I was just having a little fun  :D

Here is something I am unsure about. A MERP "pre-pack". I haven't seen this before, so on the one hand if you are a middle earth collector it qualifies as very rare (and therefore expensive). On the other hand, it is just five common mods packed together.  Hmmm...

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:47 pm 

Utterly ridiculous when compared to previous prices.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:15 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Utterly ridiculous when compared to previous prices.

Dec 15, 2013  $1,776
Dec 29,2013   $1,613
April 27, 2014  $2,325
May 14, 2014  $2,500 (shrink)

This looks like the first one to come up on EBay in the past year and a half.  I am not sure what other prices these have been selling for over the past couple of years.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:58 am 

Melnibonean wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:Dec 15, 2013  $1,776
Dec 29,2013   $1,613
April 27, 2014  $2,325

This looks like the first one to come up on EBay in the past year and a half.  I am not sure what other prices these have been selling for over the past couple of years.

Nothing as low as the $722 VG/$902 F estimate currently given, far less requiring to be low side to offset these four sales, hence my observation...

=
(aside: what grade's a Chainmail with random pen marks on the cover? ;))

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:57 pm 

I was wrong. The prices nowadays are insane.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:44 pm 

faro wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:
Melnibonean wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:Dec 15, 2013  $1,776
Dec 29,2013   $1,613
April 27, 2014  $2,325

Nothing as low as the $722 VG/$902 F estimate currently given, far less requiring to be low side to offset these four sales, hence my observation...

=
(aside: what grade's a Chainmail with random pen marks on the cover? ;))

The increase is largely a recent phenomenon.  The numerous legacy sales are keeping the recent valuations moderated.  A ton of NM SW copies sold in the past, which drove down the valuations.  Only a handful have been sold in recent years.  Most are sitting in collections and rarely come up.

Also, not every sale price finds its way into the Acaeum valuations.  BIN or private sales aren't included.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 79 of 87123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 858687