Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 77 of 87123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 858687
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:53 pm 

Not so much a silly high-price, really more I thought a surprisingly low one (I of course forgot to bid...)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:14 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:They only take a few minutes and after half an hour you've had enough.

never thought of that, even the Arati ones etc.. all short games..

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:43 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:33 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

A bit of a wild goose chase at those prices, but if at first you don't succeed try again another few times? :)

(Although it wouldn't be the first time that's ended up working by making people think the going rate for something was a certain price even if the previous auction was actually unsold).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:07 pm 

faro wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:
burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

A bit of a wild goose chase at those prices, but if at first you don't succeed try again another few times? :)

(Although it wouldn't be the first time that's ended up working by making people think the going rate for something was a certain price even if the previous auction was actually unsold).

glad i wasn't the only one who thought they were high

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:38 am 

webrik33 wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:
faro wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:A bit of a wild goose chase at those prices, but if at first you don't succeed try again another few times? :)

Not sure why you guys think these are at a silly price? If the supply were there I could see that $50 for a 30 year old zine would be out of line, but most of these saw a print run from 100 to 200 copies and I don't see them offered anywhere. They are really amazing pieces of gaming history. The Wild Hunt I find less interesting than A&E but even these issues have articles by Jaquays and Marsh. The other contributors are lesser known but still a part of the zine community which had a startling profound influence on the early RPGs.

Are these available at substantially lower prices? I haven't seen them. Sorry you think my prices for them are out of whack. I put a different monetary value on them for several reasons.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:01 am 

JasonZavoda wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

Not sure why you guys think these are at a silly price? If the supply were there I could see that $50 for a 30 year old zine would be out of line, but most of these saw a print run from 100 to 200 copies and I don't see them offered anywhere. They are really amazing pieces of gaming history. The Wild Hunt I find less interesting than A&E but even these issues have articles by Jaquays and Marsh. The other contributors are lesser known but still a part of the zine community which had a startling profound influence on the early RPGs.

Are these available at substantially lower prices? I haven't seen them. Sorry you think my prices for them are out of whack. I put a different monetary value on them for several reasons.

They have been listed several times at that price. They just sit week after week and if someone is willing to spend $5000 to get 1-50(and my guess is this guy would probably charge much more for the lower # in the series) they probably have deep pockets and money may not be an issue for them. I always think it is funny when someone lists items for a high price(sometimes a very crazy high price) and the item doesn't sell and they just continue to list them for the same price. Why not just list them at a low starting price and let the market determine what they are worth?

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:35 am 

burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:I always think it is funny when someone lists items for a high price(sometimes a very crazy high price) and the item doesn't sell and they just continue to list them for the same price. Why not just list them at a low starting price and let the market determine what they are worth?

That is a good question, and I used to wonder the same thing.  However, I have a bunch of items listed on eBay at a fixed price and 95% of them never sell in the 30 day window of the listing.  The reason this does not bother me, is that I have the luxury of time and storage, something not everyone has.  What I mean is, I have a large house with lots of storage space, and I am in no need of money to either buy other things or to live on.  Therefore, I list things at what I deem is a fair price and wait until someone wants it.  And since I only use eBay's free listings, there is no expense to me no matter how many times I list it.   I do lower prices over time on most everything, usually a dollar or two at a time, and eventually most everything sells.  Now, if I were about to move to another house, or suddenly had a financial crunch, my philosophy would change.

Currently, I just bought a large lot of D&D stuff and was eager to at least break even on my speculation and minimize my ebay listing workload, so, I listed everything in the Classifieds section of The Acaeum and Dragonsfoot at friendly prices trying to thin things out before what's left goes on eBay.  So, I balance the patient approach with the quick sale approach from time to time.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:49 am 

i didn't mean to offend if I did. I'm just cheap and that's why I though they were too high

fanzines can be all over the place in prices IMO, i've picked some up at a bargain and was tickled I did

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:58 pm 

Paizo Pathfinder 8 "Curse of The Crimson Throne 2 Seven Days to The Grave New | eBay

Wow.  If this sells, I may have to list my copy.   8O

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:10 pm 

i didn't mean to offend if I did. I'm just cheap and that's why I though they were too high

fanzines can be all over the place in prices IMO, i've picked some up at a bargain and was tickled I did

No offense taken. The Wild Hunt and A&E are more like a pen and paper discussion board than a typical zine and while a great number of contributors were fans a good number were also people who helped develop the RPG community as well as starting or contributing to RPG companies. The early A&E's are especially classic, and The Wild Hunt seemed to be an East Coast version of A&E with leanings toward Runequest.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:50 am 

cdenham wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

Wow.  If this sells, I may have to list my copy.   8O

I picked up a copy in a recent lot purchase - listed last night for $100 sold today.  Also, seems like the other copy sold so you can get some good money out of it.

Still a bit surprising since the whole Curse of the Crimson Throne lot only sold for $112.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:52 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:35 am 

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:49 am 

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:50 am 

First Encounter No 5 Canada's Gaming Magazine Eric Hotz February 1983 VHTF | eBay

Has a few other copies of this magazine at the same price.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:49 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

Has a few other copies of this magazine at the same price.

there are a lot of items like this i'm not familiar with. what would be a fair price for these? i see items on ebay sometimes and try to use nobleknight as a gauge for value but i never know if NK is charging retail or more

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 pm 

I usually end up selling copies of these for $10 or $15 (if they are in really nice shape).  I'd ask more for issues 1-3 since they seem much harder to find.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 77 of 87123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 858687