Silliest non-TSR auction price
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 76 of 87123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 858687
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:53 am 

gyg wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:You had "Visions" Faro, I hope this was a joke in poor taste!!!

Touché! Warhammer Visions; that'll be another £7.50 for your Yahooised-flickr album, please.
Not a happy reviewer Warhammer: Visions Volume 1 First Impressions Review [January 29, 2014] - YouTube :lol:

So; despite trying to grind everyone into the ground these past few years (you'll know what comments WD received during 2012, Carl), churn through new players, etc., we can look over to other fora for a 28 page discussion on how appalling the latest GW financial results are; yet the turnover referred to there is still 5-6 times higher (allowing for inflation) than TSR's was in their golden year of 1981. So much for D&D's dominant gaming paradigm? ;)

</rant?>

Whether those recent "happenings" have a knock-on effect to "classic" GW stuff, I don't know - probably not; too much of a remove, nowadays.

==

Only ~10 times the price of the previous double-signed copy;

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Going to stick my neck out with a couple of Castle Zagygs for apparent lack of consensus on what is a "reasonable" price, recently?

- in distributor shrink;

** expired/removed eBay auction **

- ripped corner, badly bowed edge;

SW'd RQ - rarely seen, but closer to a price for a SW'd 1st CoC? Thoughts...?

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

(OK; maybe not - no SW...)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:10 am 

faro wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

SW'd RQ - rarely seen, but closer to a price for a SW'd 1st CoC? Thoughts...?

That seems pretty high to me for a 4th print, but SWers are nuts.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:52 pm 

Only ~10 times the price of the previous double-signed copy;

Yep, bought another one of these in SW last August for $87.  I would like to have snagged this one since it's not on SW, but for nothing near that price.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:23 pm 

This seller usually has a lot of nice minis, but his prices vary from .99 starting bids to otherworldly BINs like this one. I don't care how "rare" it may or may not be, a Ral Partha AD&D mini is not worth almost $500 in any market.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm 

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:53 am 

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:54 am 

That was my favourite Intellivision game. In my early teens I saved up for intellivision and remember how AMAZING the graphics were. I loved that game.

A few years back, I bought an intellivision off ebay and managed to get it working. The thing that amazed me playing this and other games again (I got this one not NIB for just a few dollars) was how quick the games are. They only take a few minutes and after half an hour you've had enough. This game is so cool though as you could hear the monsters and arrows bounced around corners, so sometimes you could do stealthy surprise shots.

Nowadays, with great open-ended games, Oculus Rift, the Omni and those body sensor suits, we're all going to end up like the Red Dwarf BTL episode.  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:50 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:That was my favourite Intellivision game. In my early teens I saved up for intellivision and remember how AMAZING the graphics were. I loved that game.

Nowadays, with great open-ended games, Oculus Rift, the Omni and those body sensor suits, we're all going to end up like the Red Dwarf BTL episode.  :)

Just don't play with any smeg heads like Arnold J. Rimmer or you'll end up buried in sand up to your neck and with your face smeared in jam, while Giant Ants come to eat your face off  8O

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:53 pm 

Not so much a silly high-price, really more I thought a surprisingly low one (I of course forgot to bid...)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:14 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:They only take a few minutes and after half an hour you've had enough.

never thought of that, even the Arati ones etc.. all short games..

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:43 pm 

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:33 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

A bit of a wild goose chase at those prices, but if at first you don't succeed try again another few times? :)

(Although it wouldn't be the first time that's ended up working by making people think the going rate for something was a certain price even if the previous auction was actually unsold).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:07 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

A bit of a wild goose chase at those prices, but if at first you don't succeed try again another few times? :)

(Although it wouldn't be the first time that's ended up working by making people think the going rate for something was a certain price even if the previous auction was actually unsold).

glad i wasn't the only one who thought they were high

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:38 am 

webrik33 wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:
faro wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:A bit of a wild goose chase at those prices, but if at first you don't succeed try again another few times? :)

Not sure why you guys think these are at a silly price? If the supply were there I could see that $50 for a 30 year old zine would be out of line, but most of these saw a print run from 100 to 200 copies and I don't see them offered anywhere. They are really amazing pieces of gaming history. The Wild Hunt I find less interesting than A&E but even these issues have articles by Jaquays and Marsh. The other contributors are lesser known but still a part of the zine community which had a startling profound influence on the early RPGs.

Are these available at substantially lower prices? I haven't seen them. Sorry you think my prices for them are out of whack. I put a different monetary value on them for several reasons.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:01 am 

JasonZavoda wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

Not sure why you guys think these are at a silly price? If the supply were there I could see that $50 for a 30 year old zine would be out of line, but most of these saw a print run from 100 to 200 copies and I don't see them offered anywhere. They are really amazing pieces of gaming history. The Wild Hunt I find less interesting than A&E but even these issues have articles by Jaquays and Marsh. The other contributors are lesser known but still a part of the zine community which had a startling profound influence on the early RPGs.

Are these available at substantially lower prices? I haven't seen them. Sorry you think my prices for them are out of whack. I put a different monetary value on them for several reasons.

They have been listed several times at that price. They just sit week after week and if someone is willing to spend $5000 to get 1-50(and my guess is this guy would probably charge much more for the lower # in the series) they probably have deep pockets and money may not be an issue for them. I always think it is funny when someone lists items for a high price(sometimes a very crazy high price) and the item doesn't sell and they just continue to list them for the same price. Why not just list them at a low starting price and let the market determine what they are worth?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:35 am 

burntwire brothers wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:I always think it is funny when someone lists items for a high price(sometimes a very crazy high price) and the item doesn't sell and they just continue to list them for the same price. Why not just list them at a low starting price and let the market determine what they are worth?

That is a good question, and I used to wonder the same thing.  However, I have a bunch of items listed on eBay at a fixed price and 95% of them never sell in the 30 day window of the listing.  The reason this does not bother me, is that I have the luxury of time and storage, something not everyone has.  What I mean is, I have a large house with lots of storage space, and I am in no need of money to either buy other things or to live on.  Therefore, I list things at what I deem is a fair price and wait until someone wants it.  And since I only use eBay's free listings, there is no expense to me no matter how many times I list it.   I do lower prices over time on most everything, usually a dollar or two at a time, and eventually most everything sells.  Now, if I were about to move to another house, or suddenly had a financial crunch, my philosophy would change.

Currently, I just bought a large lot of D&D stuff and was eager to at least break even on my speculation and minimize my ebay listing workload, so, I listed everything in the Classifieds section of The Acaeum and Dragonsfoot at friendly prices trying to thin things out before what's left goes on eBay.  So, I balance the patient approach with the quick sale approach from time to time.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:49 am 

JasonZavoda wrote in Silliest non-TSR auction price:

i didn't mean to offend if I did. I'm just cheap and that's why I though they were too high

fanzines can be all over the place in prices IMO, i've picked some up at a bargain and was tickled I did

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:58 pm 

Wow.  If this sells, I may have to list my copy.   8O

Carpe DM!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 76 of 87123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 858687