Silliest non-TSR auction price
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:10 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Valhalla Games again... man, what?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BNIB-Robert-L-Aspri ... dZViewItem

Every auction they have up is way overpriced.. 8O

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:20 pm 

I just took a snapshot of Valhalla's listings after sorting by price. I admit to total confusion:

1. If this guy is serious ... well, those can't be over-the-counter drugs he's taking, right?

2. If it's just some sort of joke or prank (a theory discussed elsewhere here), what's the punch-line? I mean, it does cost actual money to list items on eBay, whether you're kidding around or not.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:53 pm 

What ever he is smoking I want some..

Maraudar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:38 pm 

Maraudar wrote:What ever he is smoking I want some..

Maraudar

Drugs are bad..Mmmkay!
*bad Southpark character impression*

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:41 pm 

That also sounds like Mr. Van Driesen from Beavis & Butt-head.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:03 am 

He says he sells them in his store at that price. I explained to him that when people in Australia eventually get the internet down there, and they can buy them at a fraction of that price his sales will drop quickly. So until Australia gets online he might as well make a mint out of the local economy. He paint a pretty backward picture of how advanced his fellow countrymen are.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:18 am 

well mike (improvstone) and brendon (addermcone) dont have any problems, so there should be no reason that other folk there dont either.....

i think he's talking a load of poop myself  :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:52 am 

In his blurb he lists that he's now opened a store in the suburb a couple over from mine (he's in a light industrial). He's supposedly open over the weekend so I might pop in for a very good laugh  :D

I doubt he's sold much recently as the community isn't huge over here and word of mouth gets around real quick.

The truly sad part he's now flooded EBay.com.au's D&D page with his over-inflated cr@p and new bidders/listers will see what he's asking and possibly raise their reserves or pay much higher than they should.  :evil: Hopefully not.

Keep in mind we only have a few hundred items listed on EBay here regularly. With the timeframes he's listed some for they're going to be there a while..

Luckily we don't have the internet here in Australia yet, so all this typing is just a figment of your imagination & I can also tell me wife that I haven't actually spent a truck-load of money as well.......  8O

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:16 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:In his blurb he lists that he's now opened a store in the suburb a couple over from mine (he's in a light industrial). He's supposedly open over the weekend so I might pop in for a very good laugh  :D

I doubt he's sold much recently as the community isn't huge over here and word of mouth gets around real quick.

The truly sad part he's now flooded EBay.com.au's D&D page with his over-inflated cr@p and new bidders/listers will see what he's asking and possibly raise their reserves or pay much higher than they should.  :evil: Hopefully not.

Keep in mind we only have a few hundred items listed on EBay here regularly. With the timeframes he's listed some for they're going to be there a while..

Luckily we don't have the internet here in Australia yet, so all this typing is just a figment of your imagination & I can also tell me wife that I haven't actually spent a truck-load of money as well.......  8O

I suggest buying the same items he has and sell them at even slightly higher than normal prices...you make money and you show the people looking what normal prices are.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:24 am 

I just bought one of these for $15

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:26 am 

Marlith wrote:I suggest buying the same items he has and sell them at even slightly higher than normal prices...you make money and you show the people looking what normal prices are.

maybe we should direct creep over there - they would prb get on very well and corner the market and make a fortune between them!  :P

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:28 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:In his blurb he lists that he's now opened a store in the suburb a couple over from mine (he's in a light industrial). He's supposedly open over the weekend so I might pop in for a very good laugh  :D

IS Australia online?

Here in the US, only eight years ago the internet was still optional.  Today, I have to have the internet to do my job and live my life

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:52 am 

I don't have any exact figures, but we're no where near as backward as the guy from Vahalla seems to be implying.

Computers and internet as just as prevelant here as in the states or the Uk I'd say.

I mean, building supervisors have online systems in their cars now, so we're tech savy  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:07 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:I don't have any exact figures, but we're no where near as backward as the guy from Vahalla seems to be implying.

Computers and internet as just as prevelant here as in the states or the Uk I'd say.

I mean, building supervisors have online systems in their cars now, so we're tech savy  :roll:

yeah yeah...i've seen crocodile dundee and i have SEEN how you aussies communicate, so dont give me all this techie-mumbo-jumbo lark :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:46 pm 

We're quite a bit behind the US here in the UK. We have broadband in a large proportion of the country, but about 60% are on 512mb or less. And we don't have the wireless broadband technology you have yet.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:50 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:

I just bought one of these for $15

Mark  8)

You shoulda posted that in the Fun Finds thread! That's a good buy. I'm starting to seriously look around for one of these now. I hope I'll get as lucky as you.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:51 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I just bought one of these for $15

Mark  8)

Nice one. I paid about $40 for mine.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:54 pm 

There were two up on the same day...including one from the guy in Scappoose, Oregon, who did not take PayPal...who had a lot of auctions ending at the same time.

I canceled my snipe with his copy when I one this one.

Mark   8)

PreviousNext