Thieves Guild
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:01 am 

That's apparently an urban legend that has spread pretty far:  I'll have to dig up my notes to double-check the timing and details, but my recollection is that Kerry was killed in a car accident.  IIRC his son confirmed that, in a thread from a few years ago on the Necromancer Games boards (those threads are now completely gone, thanks to an ezboards meltdown earlier this year).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:38 pm 

Kerry was a very good guy.  He did take things pretty far.  His son was named Conan IIRC.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:32 pm 

Conan sounds right ddt58; I'll dig through my printed archives to find the discussion points.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:31 am 

I saw a post from Kerry Lloyd's son...named Conan.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:33 pm 

grodog wrote:
Adam Shultz wrote:Will do. I will try to keep an eye on when the move happens. Am I dreaming or is your collection parsed out in like 10 different places across America? :D

Well, Adam, given that I've lived in CA (where Tadashi has my stuff to sell), KS (where the bulk of my books and collection reside, along with my family, and, at long last, me), and NJ (where many of my miniatures are, along with my brothers whom I first gamed with, along with, somewhere in the wilds of that state, a copy of Treasure of the Dragon Queen), yes, your impression is rather on the mark :D

Are you in Wichita permanently, Al?  If so you are right up the road, so to speak (the road being 35 north).  Next time a convention rolls into Oak city and you decide to go let me know, Oklahoma City is just a few hours drive from Big D and I hope to do a lot more convention hopping next year.  Maybe I can get KingofPain to share the ride, he is nearby in Plano, with money to burn  :lol: .  Almost worked a convention in Lawrenca KS last year but the logistics were just too much to handle.....what's the gaming/game store/used games situation like in Wichita?

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:01 am 

There are a few Thieves Guild items on But It Now status on Ebay at the moment.

Is it possible someone was reading this thread?

The prices are over the top.

Mark     8)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:21 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:There are a few Thieves Guild items on But It Now status on Ebay at the moment.

Is it possible someone was reading this thread?

The prices are over the top.

Mark   8)

You may want to ask the seller of this auction for a photo of the signature MS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8730100979

The inside cover page is signed by the author "To Jane Play hard, fast & dirty!, Kerry Lloyd"

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:43 pm 

Plaag wrote:You may want to ask the seller of this auction for a photo of the signature MS

Aw, to hell with that...

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:47 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Plaag wrote:You may want to ask the seller of this auction for a photo of the signature MS

Aw, to hell with that...

:lol:

Okay now you may want to ask the buyer  :wink:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:52 pm 

Plaag wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

Aw, to hell with that...

Okay now you may want to ask the buyer :wink:

ShaneG.

For $20 I'll wait and see. It's a gamble, but I wanted the Aftermath stuff from him anyway, so I thought 'what the hell'. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:04 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Plaag wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

Aw, to hell with that...

Okay now you may want to ask the buyer :wink:

ShaneG.

For $20 I'll wait and see. It's a gamble, but I wanted the Aftermath stuff from him anyway, so I thought 'what the hell'. :D

Well I'm also sort of interested in what can be gleamed from it, since my copy that came with the red binder does not have the price in the top corner of the 'cardstock' cover.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:07 pm 

Plaag wrote:Well I'm also sort of interested in what can be gleamed from it, since my copy that came with the red binder does not have the price in the top corner of the 'cardstock' cover.

ShaneG.

I know absolutely nothing about Thieves Guild, as I don't own any ATM. I'll scann it and sell it. In the mean time, and in light of our present Montie Haul/Tavers fakes discussions, I'm looking forward to doing a nice line in Kerry Lloyd signed pre-pub Keridav's. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:50 pm 

Badmike wrote:Are you in Wichita permanently, Al? If so you are right up the road, so to speak (the road being 35 north). Next time a convention rolls into Oak city and you decide to go let me know, Oklahoma City is just a few hours drive from Big D and I hope to do a lot more convention hopping next year.

Good to know Mike, thanks for the offer :D  I'm hoping to get together sometime with Paul Stormberg, perhaps we should arrange some sort of midwestern Acaeum gathering at a middle-ish-ground location like KC or Omaha, or Oak City, or something like that.

Maybe I can get KingofPain to share the ride, he is nearby in Plano, with money to burn :lol: . Almost worked a convention in Lawrenca KS last year but the logistics were just too much to handle.....

I didn't know that Lawrence still had any gaming conventions going!  I attended KULcon for it first several years (KU-Lawrence con), but they closed up shop after failiing to pay hotel bills in various cities, probably c. 1997 or so?

what's the gaming/game store/used games situation like in Wichita?

Internet-only is what it sounds like, unfortunately.  Some of the used bookstores carry D&D stuff, but it's mostly 2e crap and 3e stuff no one was able to unload elsewhere.  Wichita is a FAR cry from the OOP gaming cornucopia I had access to in the Bay Area.  On the plus side, I'll still travel back there regularly-ish for work, so I can still partake :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:00 am 

grodog wrote:
Badmike wrote:Are you in Wichita permanently, Al? If so you are right up the road, so to speak (the road being 35 north). Next time a convention rolls into Oak city and you decide to go let me know, Oklahoma City is just a few hours drive from Big D and I hope to do a lot more convention hopping next year.

Good to know Mike, thanks for the offer :D I'm hoping to get together sometime with Paul Stormberg, perhaps we should arrange some sort of midwestern Acaeum gathering at a middle-ish-ground location like KC or Omaha, or Oak City, or something like that.

Maybe I can get KingofPain to share the ride, he is nearby in Plano, with money to burn :lol: . Almost worked a convention in Lawrenca KS last year but the logistics were just too much to handle.....

I didn't know that Lawrence still had any gaming conventions going! I attended KULcon for it first several years (KU-Lawrence con), but they closed up shop after failiing to pay hotel bills in various cities, probably c. 1997 or so?

what's the gaming/game store/used games situation like in Wichita?

Internet-only is what it sounds like, unfortunately. Some of the used bookstores carry D&D stuff, but it's mostly 2e crap and 3e stuff no one was able to unload elsewhere. Wichita is a FAR cry from the OOP gaming cornucopia I had access to in the Bay Area. On the plus side, I'll still travel back there regularly-ish for work, so I can still partake :D

I do make it to Kansas City (Missouri side) at least once a year to visit relatives.  They have a great convention scene it looks like, with lots of great guests and events.  Haven't gotten to attend one there in about 7 years but the one I did go to was really well put together and had a good dealer's room, they had a good tournament schedule also, maybe you can get up to one of those sometime. Probably a couple hour drive or so from where you will be.

I've hit the Half Price Book store in Lawrence a couple of times, but ditto nothing older than 2nd ed gaming wise.  Just looking at the map of Kansas there just aren't enough metropolitan areas to support good used game/bookstores.  I know there used to be one in Lawrence near the college but it closed down years ago.  Wichita does seem to be located kind of in the middle of a whole lot of nothing!!!!  :(   Oklahoma City doesn't seem to support more than 2-3 gaming stores but Tulsa seems to have a much bigger gaming scene, at least convention wise, I don't know about gaming stores there.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:01 am 

I notice that a number of Thieves Guild items have appeared on Ebay in the past week, at roughly triple the going prices.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the appearance of this discussion strand?

:?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:10 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8752391302

Ach!  Mein Gott!  My fellow Acaeum guys are killing me!

I set what I thought was a brutal snipe...turned out my punch didn't even land!    8O

How about you guys get interested in collecting Space Gamer or something!    :cry:

Mark

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:39 pm 

Mark, that's about what I paid for my copy a few years ago, IIRC.  They don't usually go that high, though (mine had the sticker/binder too).

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:02 am 

Is Castle any good?

PreviousNext