Wee Warriors product list
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:40 pm 

Formerly Known As Morno wrote:
Oh, and Cosmic Frog was just me.  "Dragonlord" was the one game WW did that was designed by me, as well as having my illustrations/cover.

This is a really cool factoid. I couldn't dig up anything on this in my research. There you have it.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:53 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:So, did you, like, kill Morno?

I hear Southpark when I read this.  :lol:

MShip is right. I don't think the signature is as important as the factoid of who the author really is. You can always provide a certificate of authenticity (whatever they are!) with the piece if someone wishes.

At any rate, take some pictures or scans of what you have and throw them up. You can either solicite private offers and organize them into a quasi auction or you can throw them up on ebay and let the system mete out the details. Either way give us a sneak peak. I can't stand waiting!

Your latest stuff is great. It is just too bad there isn't a way to provide originals with digital work. I guess I could always buy a poster...but you know what I mean, right?
2 great images....
http://shop.webomator.com/zooms/RadioTimes.html
http://shop.webomator.com/zooms/7Skies.html
And my absolute favorite.....
http://shop.webomator.com/zooms/Jeepers.html

Sorry for making you guys click. I didn't want to hotlink off Brad's bandwidth!

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:24 pm 

I really like the line:

"Retropolitan images, set in the world of the future the way it used to be."

I like your recent stuff.  I also think you could find a market for your old style.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:07 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:So, did you, like, kill Morno?  Can you never revive Morno again?  Seriously...not being sarcastic...if you did not sign something in 1978 does that mean that Morno did not draw it?

I suppose in a way, I did.  Morno was a very young guy who did work that has a very young quality to it, and a very seventies quality, I think.  So although I inherited his body and aged in it, I don't really feel that I'm that same guy.

And beyond that - although I know I could be wrong - it was my impression over here that most of you, since you're collecting the material we did back in those days, are mainly interested in the things that were done at that time.  So no amount of signing my work with that old name would make it any more interesting to most of the folks over here since it still wouldn't be that work that's your main interest.

I've really never even considered reviving the pen name, but this does give me some other things to think about, so I will :).  And I'll see what I can dig up in my old files that might be interesting.

Bradley W. Schenck
(the artist formerly known as Morno - isn't there a symbol for that?)
Webomator Blog

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:12 pm 

scribe wrote:Your latest stuff is great. It is just too bad there isn't a way to provide originals with digital work. I guess I could always buy a poster...but you know what I mean, right?

That is probably the biggest downside to digital work; the matching upside is that unlike traditional media, you can hardly ever overwork or spoil a piece, and not being able to spoil it mens that you can experiment without fear.  So the work tends to be better and to get better more quickly.

My answer to the lack of originals is the archival quality prints - in fact my whole network of websites grew into being because I wanted to produce those, even though for the first few years I was limited to poster quality prints.  I figure that a reproduction that will outlive the buyer is close enough to an original for most purposes.

Bradley W. Schenck
Webomator Blog

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:14 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I like your recent stuff.  I also think you could find a market for your old style.
Mark   8)

Anything I did today, even in ink, wouldn't be in the same style.  It'd be better in some ways and maybe worse in others, but trying to do the same thing now would be false at best, and a sort of taxidermy at worst :).

Bradley W. Schenck
Webomator Blog

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:24 pm 

If you look around this site you will find frequent references to artists from the golden age of gaming.

Some of us here have even contracted to purchase new works from classic artists...and the work of these artists is still selling very well.

There are changes in style evident in the work of these artists...although Jim Holloway's work on Cairn of the Skeleton King looks exactly like his TSR illustrations.  Still, they remain popular artists.

It just seems to me that any artist should not overlook any market that is interested in paying cash for his work.  If you were not into producing new Morno art, you would still find a ready market on Ebay, the Acaeum, conventions and other websites for projects like posters and art compilation books.  I can see a signed and framed Morno print being a prized piece on the walls of many gamers and collectors.

From some of the things they say, I don't think that many of the classic era writers, artists and creators realize the emotional impact of their work on the adults who used to be kid gamers.

Something to think about.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:32 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:It just seems to me that any artist should not overlook any market that is interested in paying cash for his work.  If you were not into producing new Morno art, you would still find a ready market on Ebay, the Acaeum, conventions and other websites for projects like posters and art compilation books.  I can see a signed and framed Morno print being a prized piece on the walls of many gamers and collectors.

Well, no argument there.  I sure did wonder when my father sent me that copy of "The Dice of Fate" what I might be able to do with that, especially since some of the illustrations would be completely new to almost everyone.

Bradley W. Schenck
Webomator Blog

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:25 am 

Finally have a moment to post these, long overdue:

The Endless Dungeon

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:27 am 

I noticed our friend PurpleDragon has just put up a Wee Warriors Misty Isles for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

This item has not even been discussed in this thread yet. I have a question though. Why is this item not listed on the Acaeum? Were only PoTVQ and Dwarven Glory distributed by TSR and not Misty Isles?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:43 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I noticed our friend PurpleDragon has just put up a Wee Warriors Misty Isles for sale:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This item has not even been discussed in this thread yet. I have a question though. Why is this item not listed on the Acaeum? Were only PoTVQ and Dwarven Glory distributed by TSR and not Misty Isles?

IIRC Misty isles was not distributed by TSR, the other 2 were.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:20 pm 

It will be interesting to see what that sells for. It seems to be a very rare item and all the Wee Warriors stuff is very highly sought after.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:09 pm 

It's not a very good adventure, and seems to be the cheapest of the WW products. I'd be surprised if it reached $200, although if both Mark and Lance want a copy it might be a good fight.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:15 pm 

It's not a very good adventure, and seems to be the cheapest of the WW products.
- rarer + more $ than digest Dwarven or Palace before recent artist and author copies sold

IIRC Misty isles was not distributed by TSR, the other 2 were.
- later digest copies not TSR distributed = should not be on Acaeum?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:25 pm 

I believe my Misty sold for less than my Dwarven Glory, and both of them went for around $150-ish

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:37 pm 

Boy would I like to take a shot at that Misty Isles, I have a feeling that its going to end up way out of my price range though. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:46 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It's not a very good adventure, and seems to be the cheapest of the WW products. I'd be surprised if it reached $200, although if both Mark and Lance want a copy it might be a good fight.

I wouldn't count out Addermcone either.  He bid up the Guidon Games Black Box Tractics to over $500.  Which btw, I think it is safe to say that there are at least 2 different prints of the GG Black box Tractics for those Tractics completists out there.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:00 pm 

no spare Misty here

only two crazy bids on GG Tractics but only takes two!

PreviousNext