Wee Warriors product list
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:47 am 

Dear all,

I am opening this thread to try putting together a list of all Wee Warriors products and point to various pieces of info that are already available, scattered throughout this forum.

Here is a list of items whose existence I am sure of, either because I have a copy myself (C), I have seen pictures of it (P) or someone in this forum has claimed to own a copy (F -- pictures and more info welcome!):
There also is this strange character sheet that appeared in a recent auction, which may or may not have been available to the public: http://www.acaeum.com/forum/about2794.html. It looks like an unillustrated pre-version of the Character Archaic.

Here is a list of other items which were listed in product listings but for which I have no other clue:
  • Multi-hex planning pad
  • Planetmaster (play-by-mail)
  • Highwayman ("coming soon")
  • Banners of Law ("coming soon")
  • Quest Kit (see next post)
There were also some miniatures which I believe were produced under the Wee Warriors brand name.

Needless to say, there could be other items which I am not aware of...

Regards,

sleuth2000

=========== EDIT ============

I will try to keep the above list up-to-date with the results of further findings and discussions...

I've updated links to match new forum URLs.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:53 am 

My copy of The Character Archaic (1st print, Sept. 1975, distributed by TSR) has a list of "items of interest currently avalaible". These are:

1. The Dungeon Master's Kit: "Set includes 10 map sheets allowing for greater playing speed; a pre-factored sheet of monsters for the Dungeon Master's use or for solo play; pre-planned treasures (pretty to look at but watch what you touch)."
    The name and description make it quite clear that this is the "Palace of the Vampire Queen" module. It was listed here a bit in advance, as to my knowledge this module would not be issued until 1976.
    The end of the description was blackened out. It would read: "The kit comes by level - 1 through 5 - state desired level when ordering." It looks like this module was initially planned to be sold level by level, but the idea was dropped.
  2. The Quest Kit: "10 maps (9 different player maps and 1 master map for the Controler's use - only he knows where anyone is); a sheet of pre-factored, pre-programmed beings to encounter; and a sheet of interesting items located on the map area."
    I did not see any other reference to this "Quest Kit" on other products I own. My guess is that the description should more or less match another early game from the Wee Warriors, though there could have been changes between the time this description was made and the time the product was issued, if the project was not dropped altogether. Any idea ?
  3. Character Sheets: "Individual character sheets available in packs of 20 by type. Use the color code when ordering. Sheets are pre-punched for use in standard 3-ring binders as well as in this book." A "$1" was stamped next to the description, and an additional note says that these sheets ONLY could be ordered and paid to Pete Kerestan.
    Sheets from the Character Archaic are pre-puched and have different colors depending on character types -- though there are not as many different colors as there are types. The most likely explanation is that these were simply extra sheets for the Character Archaic. Otherwise, how could the buyer know the "color code" ?

sleuth2000.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:41 pm 

sleuth2000 wrote:My copy of The Character Archaic (1st print, Sept. 1975, distributed by TSR) has a list of "items of interest currently avalaible"

"Distributed by TSR" = late(r) cover sheet(?) (post May-76).
The other pages may be earlier, of course, but still awaiting observations from Jeff re. contents, etc.

Thanks for that note re. PotVQ, btw! :D

==
(& totally aside: That little snippet from Pete re. the distribution deal with TSR also provides me with a strong hint as to the final "missing" date for the OD&D Supplements, confirming that the dates in the intros cannot be taken as actual publication dates; viz. the 1st Eldritch; Research question: OD&D Supplements :) ...which should probably now read ELD 1st ("4/76"(=?5-6/76)) :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:50 am 

harami2000 wrote:(& totally aside: That little snippet from Pete re. the distribution deal with TSR also provides me with a strong hint as to the final "missing" date for the OD&D Supplements, confirming that the dates in the intros cannot be taken as actual publication dates; viz. the 1st Eldritch; Research question: OD&D Supplements :) ...which should probably now read ELD 1st ("4/76"(=?5-6/76)) :)

hey david, again aside from the topic, does this mean you have finally nailed down all the dates now? quite interested in seeing the final list.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:10 pm 

Very cool list, Sleuth. For the longest time I could always count on seeing you bid on any stray Wee Warriors items in auction. :D

I have previously asked Pete to look at my running list of products for confirmation. When he can get a handle on what is going on around him then he will try to confirm much of what you listed here.

My lists are very similar with much of the items coming out the backs of titles that I own. I also own Vanquished Foe and The Game Designer's Kit (there is another one up for auction now by Pete)

eta: Meant to mention I own Labyrinthine instead of VF (even though I do own that as well). Just in case I can help.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 pm 

sleuth2000 wrote:There also is this strange character sheet that appeared in a recent auction, which may or may not have been available to the public: http://www.acaeum.com/forum/about2794.html. It looks like an unillustrated pre-version of the Character Archaic.

aside: Snagged that one whilst hunting the "Greyhawk ref. sheets"; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8709946098

Will send through a scan to yourself or other interested parties who have Character Archaics, for comparison purposes; unless Burnie Bros. have already done so, either for that one or the other copy they (presumably?) retained.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:31 am 

Adam Shultz wrote:Very cool list, Sleuth. For the longest time I could always count on seeing you bid on any stray Wee Warriors items in auction. :D

I have previously asked Pete to look at my running list of products for confirmation. When he can get a handle on what is going on around him then he will try to confirm much of what you listed here.

My lists are very similar with much of the items coming out the backs of titles that I own. I also own Vanquished Foe and The Game Designer's Kit (there is another one up for auction now by Pete)

eta: Meant to mention I own Labyrinthine instead of VF (even though I do own that as well). Just in case I can help.

As my list has revealed, there are still quite a few WW items I'd like to put my hands on... ;)

I would actually be curious to know whether Labyrinthine could be a possible match for this "Quest Kit" description from CA. Would its contents and/or publication date make it sound reasonable ?

sleuth2000.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:41 am 

harami2000 wrote:
sleuth2000 wrote:There also is this strange character sheet that appeared in a recent auction, which may or may not have been available to the public: http://www.acaeum.com/forum/about2794.html. It looks like an unillustrated pre-version of the Character Archaic.

aside: Snagged that one whilst hunting the "Greyhawk ref. sheets"; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8709946098

Will send through a scan to yourself or other interested parties who have Character Archaics, for comparison purposes; unless Burnie Bros. have already done so, either for that one or the other copy they (presumably?) retained.

Congrats!

Readable scans would be great, as well as info regarding actual size and single/double-sidedness.

You may want to post here, or wait for a2jeff to open this "Character Archaic" thread, see:
Palace of the Vampire Queen print sequence • Page 14 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:02 pm 

sleuth2000 wrote:Congrats!

Readable scans would be great, as well as info regarding actual size and single/double-sidedness.

You may want to post here, or wait for a2jeff to open this "Character Archaic" thread, see:
http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36033#36033

Thanks.
Yes, I'll wait for that thread, since it sounds like there's going to be quite a lot of cross-checking to do amongst CA owners (as Jeff doesn't have a TSR distributed copy, himself).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:58 am 

Thanks.
Yes, I'll wait for that thread, since it sounds like there's going to be quite a lot of cross-checking to do amongst CA owners (as Jeff doesn't have a TSR distributed copy, himself).

Here it is:
http://www.acaeum.com/forum/about2911.html

sleuth2000

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:03 am 

sleuth2000 wrote:
Adam Shultz wrote:Very cool list, Sleuth. For the longest time I could always count on seeing you bid on any stray Wee Warriors items in auction. :D

As my list has revealed, there are still quite a few WW items I'd like to put my hands on... ;)

I would actually be curious to know whether Labyrinthine could be a possible match for this "Quest Kit" description from CA. Would its contents and/or publication date make it sound reasonable ?

sleuth2000.

I would call it similar but only with respect to the way WW designed its stand alone board games.

This is a two player game with one player controlling the evil character, labyrinth design, and monster locations/movement. The other player controlled the 'questing' party seeking the captive princess (I know...vomit).

It was copyrighted 1977 and came with printed counters, geomorphic sections,  and rule book. Ferking scanner aint working again. I will try again later.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:11 pm 

Laby scan worked.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:39 pm 

Scans of the Game Designers Kit

Contents page

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:11 pm 

Here is a pict on my harddrive which matches the one in my collection. Notice the number 1 is not on this copy nor mine.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:18 pm 

Very interesting.....the plot thickens.  What's the copyright sheet say?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:20 pm 

It matches your page exactly with the same date, Fall 1977.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:26 pm 

Hmmm...definitely a pattern that WW was very liberal in mixing it up and slapping variations around!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:16 pm 

Pete said I could post these great pictures of Judy, Brad and himself at his shop to the site.  They were included along with the PotVQ House Copy.  

The man himself, Pete Kerestan

Judy Kerestan

Brad Schenck aka Morno....with the Vanquished Foe artwork and getting ready to light his pen...must be an inside joke!

Next