Mayfair Games
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:25 pm 

Lordan wrote:I'll check both mine when I get back home ( bout an 2 hours ), unless someone finds out before I do.

You have two?  8O

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:54 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Lordan wrote:I'll check both mine when I get back home ( bout an 2 hours ), unless someone finds out before I do.

You have two?  8O

Actually 2 of each with the exception of the Fez I just bought. I may have another Kobold Hall without the folder though :(

anyways, from what I see in mine they both contain  the module ( 28 pages , center 2 pages are perferated for removal of maps , so 32 total pages ) and the ad paper for ordering ( has description of module on front side ). So unless both mine are missing something then I would say no pregen characters.

On page 6 it mentions guidlines for generating new characters.

hope that helps, just let me know if you need more info. BTW both my copies ( folders )  are the deep red, is the yellow one a second print?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:24 pm 

Thanks. That just put my mind at rest. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:42 pm 

I'll check mine when I get a chance.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:46 pm 

I tried to check mine and for some reason its MIA. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:11 pm 

Just a 26 page booklet and folder.  As mentioned, there are guidelines for generating characters, but that is it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:I tried to check mine and for some reason its MIA. :?

Look under the cat?

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:26 am 

Mabye its at the bottom of the pile in the Gangbuster's box.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:33 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I tried to check mine and for some reason its MIA. :?

Look under the cat?

Mark

Nope, it can't be.  If it is there, then I have more problems than I realized, because we don't have a cat. :wink:

Mars wrote:Mabye its at the bottom of the pile in the Gangbuster's box.

Oh, smart a$$ huh. :lol:  Its not there either, that pile you refer to has long since moved.  That was only a temporary situation so that I could take my pictures. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:51 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:
   Look under the cat?

Mark

Nope, it can't be.  If it is there, then I have more problems than I realized, because we don't have a cat. :wink:

I find that hard to believe.  From the photographs I have seen on the Acaeum, every great RPG collector must have a cat to randomly menace his collection.  I think it's sort of like an evil supergenius must have a pet as a prop...possibly the one thing he loves?   :?

What would RPG collecting be without the possibility of scratches and piss all over your games?   :wink:

Mark   8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:48 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

I find that hard to believe.  From the photographs I have seen on the Acaeum, every great RPG collector must have a cat to randomly menace his collection.  I think it's sort of like an evil supergeniue must have a pet as a prop...possibly the one thing he loves?   :?

What would RPG collecting be without the possibility of scratches and piss all over your games?   :wink:

Mark   8)

No kidding. It is why it is a good thing to add a sword or two to your collection. ... ;)

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:08 pm 

Morgaine, Denizens of Tharus, and Shaman. I take it none of these were ever published? Does anyone know any different?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:28 pm 

I don't believe so.
Haven't checked dates on the Demons stuff, but am sure they are the last products produced before the lawsuit:
TSR vs Mayfair Games

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:38 am 

Ethesis wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:
   I find that hard to believe.  From the photographs I have seen on the Acaeum, every great RPG collector must have a cat to randomly menace his collection.  I think it's sort of like an evil supergeniue must have a pet as a prop...possibly the one thing he loves?   :?

Mark   8)

No kidding. It is why it is a good thing to add a sword or two to your collection. ... ;)

In my fantasy movie, "Dr. RPG Evil" is sitting at a dining table, lovingly stroking a copy of Menzobarranzan.   :lol:

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:01 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Morgaine, Denizens of Tharus, and Shaman. I take it none of these were ever published? Does anyone know any different?

I understand that the "Shaman" product published by TSR in the 90's was essentially an unpublished Mayfair manuscript, so it is probably the same Shaman; ditto for Chronomancer.  Anyone have any other info?

Mike B.

Previous