Mayfair Games
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:57 pm 

Anyone else here collect Mayfair Games?  Does anyone else have a stash of Mayfair AD&D stuff hanging about?

I liked Mayfair because it was not TSR.  Go figure...anything wierd and hard to play always seemed to attract my money.

Anyway...anyone else like the Mayfair stuff?      :)  :)  :)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:01 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Anyone else here collect Mayfair Games? Does anyone else have a stash of Mayfair AD&D stuff hanging about?

I liked Mayfair because it was not TSR. Go figure...anything wierd and hard to play always seemed to attract my money.

Anyway...anyone else like the Mayfair stuff?   :) :) :)

What like RoleAids, yeah I got it all :) Plus those CSIO :? box sets and one Batman roleplaying book.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:59 pm 

I have the City State boxed set, with all of its supplements included inside the box.  Somehow, the great city of the overlord became Briarwood....an average and very forgettable town-sized disappointment.

Yes, I mean the Role Aids stuff.  Anyone else collect these?      8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:07 pm 

I do. I have all of them. They are well written, I think.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:40 pm 

I have most, they were really easy to get, virtually free :lol: only ones I am missing is the rare one like kobald hall, beastmaker mountain and nanorian stones. Anyone want to sell these to me?

I even have some different printings of these.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:45 pm 

I do.  Got them all (Mayfair/Role Aids) minus one rare, which I've been trying to get for some time I might add.  They are rather good and offer a different style than TSR products from the same time.  Most are detailed extensively.  I have a big lot of extra Roleaids items that I had planned to list on eBay eventually.  They are in excellent or better shape.  I could send a list.  PM me if interested.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:23 pm 

dbartman wrote:I do. Got them all (Mayfair/Role Aids) minus one rare, which I've been trying to get for some time I might add. They are rather good and offer a different style than TSR products from the same time. Most are detailed extensively. I have a big lot of extra Roleaids items that I had planned to list on eBay eventually. They are in excellent or better shape. I could send a list. PM me if interested.

Been working on collecting the RoleAids stuff.  I can remember seeing all the cool covers for Undead, etc, when I was a kid at the local Waldenbooks looking at AD&D stuff.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:25 pm 

Got them all too.  They're not bad and you can get almost all of them cheap.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:26 pm 

I have them all but Blasted Land, and will be selling my spare (and well-beaten) Valley of the Trees soon.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:29 am 

yes i like the roleaid items too - good quality writing.

i have had most of them 2 or 3 times, but have been after all the rares for bloody ages, with no luck on any of them.

however if anyone wants to offload :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:26 pm 

I love their stuff. I used more Role Aids modules on my own world for the groups I ran than TSR stuff. I almost have all the common stuff and one rare (Nanorian Stones in shrink) and will have to trust fate to bring the others into my grasp at some point. Al, swiped the last really common module I need "Dragons of Weng T'Sen" a while back  :(  ... hint hint for anyone with an extra.

I highly recommend them to anyone.

John

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:17 am 

pleveich wrote:I love their stuff. I used more Role Aids modules on my own world for the groups I ran than TSR stuff. I almost have all the common stuff and one rare (Nanorian Stones in shrink) and will have to trust fate to bring the others into my grasp at some point. Al, swiped the last really common module I need "Dragons of Weng T'Sen" a while back :( ... hint hint for anyone with an extra.

John

john i still have a spare one of them chummer....remember we spoke about it a while back? will be coming back to you shortly about that other thing too....so just hang fire on that one and we will sort it ok

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:32 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
pleveich wrote:I love their stuff. I used more Role Aids modules on my own world for the groups I ran than TSR stuff. I almost have all the common stuff and one rare (Nanorian Stones in shrink) and will have to trust fate to bring the others into my grasp at some point. Al, swiped the last really common module I need "Dragons of Weng T'Sen" a while back :( ... hint hint for anyone with an extra.

John

john i still have a spare one of them chummer....remember we spoke about it a while back? will be coming back to you shortly about that other thing too....so just hang fire on that one and we will sort it ok

Al

Sounds good Al. I will keep the Oriental Demoness wife at bay while you get it all sorted out. Did the jpeg's arrive via e-mail? I also need your address to send you the new AD&D movie from a couple weeks ago. PM me with that please and I will get it out ASAP.

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:52 pm 

pleveich wrote:Sounds good Al. I will keep the Oriental Demoness wife at bay while you get it all sorted out. Did the jpeg's arrive via e-mail? I also need your address to send you the new AD&D movie from a couple weeks ago. PM me with that please and I will get it out ASAP.

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

john. send the vid with the rest once we manage to sort the rest out ok?

tell wifey to take a chill pill and take up knitting :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:14 am 

Anyone else here collect Mayfair Games?  Does anyone else have a stash of Mayfair AD&D stuff hanging about?

I liked Mayfair because it was not TSR.  Go figure...anything wierd and hard to play always seemed to attract my money.

Anyway...anyone else like the Mayfair stuff?      

The quality of most is not that bad.  I've run Evil Ruins and Lich Lords that I remember.  Also the collection of low level adventures featuring orcs, hobgoblins, and gnolls (can't remember the title of that one) got a workout about 20 years ago with one gaming group.  I always thought it was funny that as second rate modules they always had some really impressive cover artists (Vallejo and Rowena come to mind) in comparison to TSR's module covers at the same time.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:14 am 

Al, swiped the last really common module I need "Dragons of Weng T'Sen" a while back    ... hint hint for anyone with an extra.

Interesting....until just the other day, Dragons of Wen T'Sen was the only Role Aids publication I did own!

:lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:52 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Al, swiped the last really common module I need "Dragons of Weng T'Sen" a while back  ... hint hint for anyone with an extra.

Interesting....until just the other day, Dragons of Wen T'Sen was the only Role Aids publication I did own!

:lol: :lol:

i think its a pretty cool mod actually. shame there arent more.

nanorien stones, blasted lands, beastmaker mountain and kobold hall i would REALLY like.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:11 am 

Ha ha Al. I just cannot imagine my wife knitting (though she has). We'll be fine on that just let me know, I will send the movie along with the JG stuff.

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion"

Next