France's Most Wanted
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:44 am 

Ok, to change a little from the D&D club, here are some genuine products from France.

You have heard about cheese, red wine, Asterix, the Eiffel Tower and croissants (crescent-shaped bread roll, made with a high proportion of fat, and flaky in consistency,- thanks to my dictionary for this wonderful translation), foie gras...

But we have some interesting products in RPG or boardgames (but a few compare to our german neighbours, who have a great tradition about that).
Here are some of them, sometimes highly appreciated* on ebay.

*'highly appreciated' doesn't mean 'like a H1' or 'like a RPGA1'
:D
Like a 'T1-4' for exemple...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:45 am 

and they are......?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:56 am 

Thank you killjoy,

First, a strange boardgame, 'Full Metal Planet'.
Players control Mining companies, and land to the 'Full Metal Planet'. The goal is to take the larger numbers of minerals. Minerals can be evacuated or transformed into other vehicles. Of course compagnies fight for minerals with tanks, boats...
Each turn, the sea goes down or up and can reveale new minerals or flood your vehicles...
The stuff inside this big box is great : miniatures are great, in metal... and the minerals are reals little piece of rocks (without value, you can find them on your garden).

For exemple here is one now on sale on ebay, you can have a look, great stuff!
(not mine, :wink: no interest for me)
FULL METAL PLANET le jeu de ludodelire | eBay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:57 am 

Le Securite Homelande - Players play humble garlic farmers who advance through levels by fending off hordes of invading English merchants and burning their livestock.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:21 am 

Second, a GREAT RPG, very very original.
Reves de Dragon (dragons' dream).
I think some american company sells a pdf issue.

Mecanism is quite hard, but not as rolemaster. But the world is unique. The worlds are created in dragons' dreams, and each sleeping dragon add his own dream to the world, so there are many countries side by side, and people can totally change from one universe to another.
That means that PC will never totally disappear, the are still living in another dream, with another souvenirs, and another skills. Every character move slighty (with experience) to his/her own archetype. The archetype is definited in another character sheet. To (badly) resume the archetype is the ultimate version of the PC.
So the aim of the PC is to travel the world, discover people and achieve their own archetype. Sometimes they have dreams that came from another of their existence. They must live that situation, in real, to find the way to knowledge, experience, and archetype.
For exemple, you wake up, and you have in your mouth the taste of a great apple pie. That comes from one of your past. So you have to find a real apple pie to remind you what were your former lifes. Of course, it will be hard : it's a special apple, only found in the secret garden in a huge forteress...blablabla... Perhaps you were a cooker a long time before... Let's try to find the way to achieve your archetype.
Another great thing is the magic system : to cast a spell, the magican must manipulate the rough material of dragon's dream... very dangerous. Every spell is a single (but short) adventure inside the adventure (that can be a little bored for the other PC) : the magican goes into this Realm of dreams, look for a special localisation and cast the spell. But beware of the nightmares created by the dragons.
Last, but not the least, the style of this game is very interesting. The author has choosen very carefully each name (for the creatures, the vilains, the lands, the poisons, the diseases etc.).
Great game!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:31 am 

Ok, Ok...

Perhaps it will be easier to read that if you tried hard to understand my fluent english  :(

Malcontent Games

The french illustrator made a great work fot the cover.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:37 am 

youffie404 wrote:The french illustrator made a great work fot the cover.

Thank you for the transition.

Another item 'higly valuable' is the tarot deck made for Amber RPG by the same illustrator (Florence Magnin), only for France, I think.

Have a look. 78 cards including the Amber family (16 cards : King, Queen, Cavalier, Valet) and the 22 trump cards, decorating with allegorical pictures. The other 40 are more common.

florence-magnin.net - florence-magnin Resources and Information. This website is for sale!

I would have post some more pictures if I know how to do that!  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:40 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:La Securite Homelande - Players play humble garlic farmers who advance through levels by fending off hordes of invading English merchants and burning their livestock.

Perfide Albion!
Honni soit qui mal y pense  :twisted:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:52 am 

Désolé. Je ne peux pas comprendre la grenouille.

It's all Greek to me!  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:05 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Désolé. Je ne peux pas comprendre la grenouille.

It's all Greek to me! :D

VENGEANCE !!!!!!

You have to know that we don't speak frog  8O , we eat frogs (and only legs). But personaly I prefer snails  :twisted: . With garlic butter sauce.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:15 pm 

*runs off to puke*

i seriously cant understand how someone can eat frogs legs or snails - that is just not right at all :)

i had a sausage in calais once and it looked like they had gone out back and castrated a donkey...believe me....

never again i tell ya!

youffie the games look cool tho - might keep an eye out for them and see if i can get them cheap

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:26 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i had a sausage in calais once and it looked like they had gone out back and castrated a donkey...believe me....

Did it have a little hole through the middle when you cut into it?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:30 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i seriously cant understand how someone can eat frogs legs or snails - that is just not right at all :)

i had a sausage in calais once and it looked like they had gone out back and castrated a donkey...believe me....
never again i tell ya!

:lol: I am fair, your national speciality, the fish & chips, is great. But how can you take red beans for breakfast 8O :?:

Ok, another RPG, Malefices, hard to find now.
In this game, you live in France (surprise) around 1870 - 1914, during 'la belle époque'. It takes its inspiration in secret societies, spiritism, sorcellery. Far different from Call of Cthulhu.
Long time out of print, this game reborns due to internet activity and a bunch of fanatics.

Here is the link to show the stuff
404 Not Found

Here is another link if you want to have a look on the rules (free download!). But you have to learn french. :wink:
404 Not Found

Enjoy yourself. Don't hesitate if you have some questions. I would gladly answer... in french.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:34 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i had a sausage in calais once and it looked like they had gone out back and castrated a donkey...believe me....

Did it have a little hole through the middle when you cut into it?

Now that is just feckin gross. Image

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:40 pm 

youffie404 wrote:Here is the link to show the stuff
404 Not Found

Batman stands atop Gotham Tower....

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Did it have a little hole through the middle when you cut into it?

Now that is just feckin gross. [ Image ]

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:05 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Now that is just feckin gross. [ Image ]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please not that I have seen so many Benny Hill's Shows and Mister Bean's sketches that I am now able to understand the british sens of humour. :cry:

Thank you Brian for supporting british people. :?

Hey latin people, german people, come on, help me!

BTW : something that make me laugh... is the Pronunciation Guide in the last pages of X2 Castle Amber. Huge guys, huge, you can't imagine !
:D :D :D :D :D
I can imagine you guys 'Jeu mapeule Jawn Lü-ë, eh whassie Jawnet dü Shaw-to Dam.bur.vel'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't stop ! Excellent ! Great ! Arf arf arf.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:11 pm 

youffie404 wrote: Thank you Brian for supporting british people. :?

I am not taking sides in this one, I was only referring to Ian's hole through the sausage comment. :wink: :lol: Besides, you should see some of the garbage that people in the US eat. :o

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Next