Anyone seen one of these before?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:20 pm 

Probably was thinking "Oh God, not another one!" Can you imagine how many wonderful non-TSR products there would be (given all our collective imaginations at that time) if TSR had not been so greedy? The non-TSR stuff might have kept the interest in the game going strong even after TSR started putting out really crappy junk and thereby made them more money in the long run. I just love reading through the old non-TSR stuff I have. Some of it is not good... but almost all of it comes from the heart made by people who loved the game.

Sigh!!!!!!!!!  

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:57 pm 

I think in hindsight it is kinda easy to understand the way things should have went. But at the time they were trying to protect their share of the market and there were certainly plenty of people looking to take as much of that share as they could. eg. Chaosium, Flying Buffalo, etc.

That being said. There were plenty of efforts like this item that the high ups at TSR got a hard-on about wielding power over. As if they would steal TSR's share with such low standards. Gamers are a rough lot when it comes to bizness.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Previous