411 on Matthias???
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:02 pm 

Anyone heard from Matthias Bock in awhile?  His non-TSR page hasn't been updated in a year and a half....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:11 pm 

Uhhh.. I think he walks among us. Albeit a bit hungover from the New Year I suppose. :wink:   Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:33 am 

Yes, it is me.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:12 pm 

Hi Matthias =)  I just wanted to say thanks for all of your help and compliation efforts.  Along with the Acaeum, your page is a wonderfully indespensible D&D resource!  I remember corresponding with you around the time of your crash.  Do you have plans to update the page and/or incorporate it into the Acaeum or otherwise continue it?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:18 pm 

Hey Matthias UPDATE your site please :-) Its an invaluable source of info and is one of the reasons I got hooked on non tsr items. Heck, maybe redo your site and put pictures up. I and many others would be willing to help.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:20 pm 

My current plans are to continue the page - I have a number of e-mails, nots etc. filed for inclusion and will eventually get at them. The page will remain under that address although I will change the structure to make the page somewhat easier to read, like making one entry page and then splitting the info on a number of sub-pages.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:21 pm 

How about make your website like a Non Tsr acaeum with prices, etc?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:45 pm 

Mkman wrote:How about make your website like a Non Tsr acaeum with prices, etc?
 nar, don't do the price thing...most non tsr items don't turn over enough items on ebay to fix an accurate price... I have seen some go for a couple of dollars and others go for lots, depends on who is on and how many people want it.. (or even just can find it on ebay).. In general I would say that most prices on rpg items have decreased in the last year or so, most people who want oop items have got them and now the prices are starting to go down.. but then again thats just my opinion...  Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:58 pm 

You have a great point Brette, makes a lot of sense. I'd still like him to do like an acaeum style website with sections for each company and pictures of each item.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:58 am 

Mkman wrote:I'd still like him to do like an acaeum style website with sections for each company and pictures of each item.
 We can talk about the picture thing (in my other hobby - stamp collecting - I run a little archive site on Thurn and Taxis philately with lots of nice pictures...) ... but: no prices. I mentioned this on my page almost seven years ago when I started it (oh my, I <i>am</i> getting old): I am a collector myself and do not want anybody to have a reason to accuse me of trying to tweak market prices, regardless of any kind of intentions on my own.  Besides, most of the non-TSR books are so rarely offered that trying to establish prices for these is nigh impossible. I might add I do not have the time on hand to browse through in excess of 1,000 Ebay auctions per day for ending prices...  I think it is sufficient if we can use this forum for exchanging our estimates of rareness of specific items. And no matter what an items "catalogue price" is: in auctions, the buyer decides when the bidding becomes too painful to his purse (or talk about wives, girl-friends, etc...)  Besides, I do not feel any personal thrill trying to find out an items worth (well, excepting of course those occasions when I find out that my $5 original Tsojcanth copy is now worth a hundredfold of that...). The stories that are hidden between a book's covers are interesting, and the stories about the people who made them, but prices? Nah...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:14 am 

Ok no prices but we need pictures!!! Pictures are very very crucial! Lots of us non tsr collectors would be willing to help you out Matthias so it won't be too hard. Soo......when you gonna start? I'm very anxious :-)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:00 pm 

Hello Matthias,  If you were to pick the 5 toughest to find most interesting Non-tsr items what would they be?  Thanks.  Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:12 pm 

You have some questions! To be honest, there is nothing that immediately strikes me as being one of the top items. Provided I combine the terms "hard to find" and "good use for gaming", I would pick the "The Lost Shrine of Khasar-Khan" and maybe some first printings of the Midkemia press books. Well... just run a poll on these boards and I will put up a "Most recommended items" list or something like that on my page.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:46 am 

Hey Matthias, introduce yourself on the Introduce yourself fellow collectors page so others who are not familiar with you can know more about you. Also we can find out how old you are as well : :lol:   Just curious, will you be putting a rarity scale on the non tsr page like the acaeum or completely avoid that? I think that most non tsr are rare enough that there isn't a need to put a rarity scale. What do you think?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:36 am 

OK, introduction has been posted. I do not think that an estimate of rarity makes much sense - when I think of a book as rare (especially when compared to other like releases), I mention this on my page. These estimates are rather shaky anyway, when items are offered at the rate of one copy per year (you can pick up orange B3s faster, I think). Let me also point out that rarity and price do not match when you talk of non-TSR stuff.