Adventures in Fantasy & First Fantasy Campaign
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:39 pm 

Hi all,

Just wondering does anyone know how many of each of these, Adventures in Fantasy and First Fantasy Campaign, were printed? Also I have heard that in the front of Adventures in Fantasy there is a list of proposed other books in the same game series, does anyone know if any of them were ever printed? Also does anyone know who the current copyright holder(s) of these games are?

Thanks,
Llaurenela

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:28 pm 

Nothing else was published in the Adventures in Fantasy line.  It's not worth much as a collectible.  I assume Arneson and Snider still hold the copyrights... by default, if anything, still Arneson is still alive.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:18 am 

First Fantasy Campaign was published by Judges Guild, and ran to at least 3 separate publications. I would imagine they number in the region of 10,000+, although a true first is very hard to come by.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:11 am 

I had wondered about the value of Adventures in Fantasy, I have only seen one on ebay and if I recall correctly it when for $325.00 and that is way too much for me. I e-mailed Dave Arneson at both of the e-mail addresses on his site and asked if he held the copyright to both of these. I told him that if it was reprinted or issued as a pdf that I would love to buy a copy, but I never got a reply. I hope that I didn't insult him. :(  That was several months ago. Since then I obtained a copy of First Fantasy
Campaign for $25.00. I don't know if that is high or low.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:58 am 

Llaurenela wrote:I had wondered about the value of Adventures in Fantasy, I have only seen one on ebay and if I recall correctly it when for $325.00 and that is way too much for me.

$325 is a bit much, I believe I got mine for $45 including shipping.  It doesn't come up much on Ebay, but I have seen both signed and unsigned copies go for under $50.  Not a very good game btw, judging by the copy I have, the previous owner shelved it soon after opening it.  The box was a bit worn but the books looked like they had never been read.

Also there are two printings of Adventures in Fantasy, the first by Excalibur Games and a second printing by Adventure Games Incorporated.  According to an email I recieved from Dave, there are no differences between either printing.

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:50 am 

Llaurenela wrote: Since then I obtained a copy of First Fantasy
Campaign for $25.00. I don't know if that is high or low.

Thats a pretty good price for FFC if its in decent condition....they tend to go for goodly amounts these days, especially the ones in excellent or better condition...

Alan