What else does everyone collect?
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:26 pm 

burntwire wrote:  Just wish we never bought all the action figures and sports cards. Willing to trade for D&D/RPGs.

D&S

Shawn, you guys wouldn't happen to have a Namath rookie card you'd like to trade away, would you?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:06 pm 

Books, the occasional comicbook, video games, minis, medieval weaponry. (used to participate in a medieval historical society which fueled my interest in ye olde weaponry :))Somewhat into fish and aquariums.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:31 pm 

Never got into comics myself - other than the AD&D ones (the old ones, not the new Kenzer series) ;)

I've got a small collection of weapons, some medieval and some practical/training items (I practiced martial arts for quite a while). I collected coins and bills for a while, although I've since sold most of the expensive stuff.

I tend to pick up weird little knick-knacks as well, although I don't know if I'd call it a "collection" per-se. Some stuff is stuff that I've rediscovered from back when I played with them as a kid (plastic dragons, rubber ninjas), others are just oddball items (fossils, an alien-in-a-rubber-ball thing, etc). I ran out of space on my desk unit for them long, long ago, so a lot of it just gets rotated as I find it, with the stuff I don't have space for going into a Rubbermaid container, heh.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:47 pm 

Roadkill
Cigarette Butts
Obituary Cuttings
Dog Turds
Guns

All the things that the little voices tell me to collect. :evil: :twisted:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:40 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Roadkill
Cigarette Butts
Obituary Cuttings
Dog Turds
Guns

All the things that the little voices tell me to collect. :evil: :twisted:

I don't know if you collect exotic roadkill but if you are in the market for an Armadillo, just let me know.  They are splattered all over the roads in Texas.  I might be able to pick you up a 7 or 8 foot long rattlesnake as well.  Mmmm...good eatin'.  :D

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:21 am 

ex-girlfriends.  

Large (and growing) collection.   :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:41 am 

red_bus wrote:ex-girlfriends.

Large (and growing) collection.  :wink:

Ah.... You keep them under the floor, huh? Refridgerators are good, too.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:26 pm 

PC games, mostly RPGs. The only Ultima I still need is Ultima 2. I'm not really active in this anymore, however. My basement is also kind of a museum of old computers and parts.

I have six long boxes full of comics, but I no longer collect, or even read comics in their traditional pamphlet form. I now limit myself to buying trade paperbacks and Marvel Masterworks hardbacks.

Books. A lot of sci-fi and fantasy, with some Tom Clancy, history, and theological books mixed in. I prefer hardbacks.

DVDs. I probably have 500 or more.

Guess I'm a nerd. Think I'll go get my slide rule and pocket protector...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:58 am 

Doug Williams wrote:PC games, mostly RPGs. The only Ultima I still need is Ultima 2. I'm not really active in this anymore, however. My basement is also kind of a museum of old computers and parts.

I have six long boxes full of comics, but I no longer collect, or even read comics in their traditional pamphlet form. I now limit myself to buying trade paperbacks and Marvel Masterworks hardbacks.

Books. A lot of sci-fi and fantasy, with some Tom Clancy, history, and theological books mixed in. I prefer hardbacks.

DVDs. I probably have 500 or more.

Guess I'm a nerd. Think I'll go get my slide rule and pocket protector...

I resemble that remark!  :D  Actually, I consider myself a geek instead of a nerd.  When I think of "nerds" I think of someone that is socially inept such as the guys in the movie "Revenge of the Nerds".  Most nerds can probably also be considered geeks, but not all geeks are nerds IMHO.

I also have a lot of computer games.  Three of my favorite purchases were The RPG Archives, The Ultima Collection, and The Wizardry Collection.  I liked Ultima (only ever played 3 and 4) but preferred The Bard's Tale.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:34 pm 

Mostly books I guess, not rare ones (though I have a couple of signed Garth Nix ones and Terry Pratchett ones).

I went on a huge poetry kick a few years ago & have over 250 poetry books, which I consider to be pretty geeky, but I love them.

I also have a dozen or so silly backpacks (Animal from the Muppets, coffins, carebear shaped ones etc etc).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:40 pm 

Winterwords wrote:Mostly books I guess, not rare ones (though I have a couple of signed Garth Nix ones and Terry Pratchett ones).

I went on a huge poetry kick a few years ago & have over 250 poetry books, which I consider to be pretty geeky, but I love them.

I also have a dozen or so silly backpacks (Animal from the Muppets, coffins, carebear shaped ones etc etc).

TP lives in my neck of the woods. We (Edinburgh) always roll him out for the book festival every year.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:17 pm 

TP lives in my neck of the woods. We (Edinburgh) always roll him out for the book festival every year.

:confused:  I thought he lived in Yeovill (sp) in Somerset. My brother lived there for a while and always used to see him at the train station.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:09 pm 

Winterwords wrote:

:confused: I thought he lived in Yeovill (sp) in Somerset. My brother lived there for a while and always used to see him at the train station.

I dunno. I've lived in Edinburgh for the past five years, and he seems to be out signing books or doing public readings half a dozen times a year. I suppose he could be commuting?

We also have JK Rowling in Morningside (suburb). She's a lot more reclusive though.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:46 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
red_bus wrote:ex-girlfriends.

Large (and growing) collection. :wink:

Ah.... You keep them under the floor, huh? Refridgerators are good, too.

Yup, normally I am not a big fan of shrinkwrap - but sometimes it comes in quite handy.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:16 am 

red_bus wrote:Yup, normally I am not a big fan of shrinkwrap - but sometimes it comes in quite handy.

:D Keeps them warm and moist. :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:42 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
red_bus wrote:Yup, normally I am not a big fan of shrinkwrap - but sometimes it comes in quite handy.

:D Keeps them warm and moist. :D

As well as the dog turds (hope I haven't gone too far :oops: )

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:58 am 

aaaaaaaaaargggguuuurgghhhhhh  !!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:56 pm 

I dunno. I've lived in Edinburgh for the past five years, and he seems to be out signing books or doing public readings half a dozen times a year. I suppose he could be commuting?

We also have JK Rowling in Morningside (suburb). She's a lot more reclusive though.

Found it, he lives "behind a keyboard in Wiltshire". You can lay claim to Rowling by all means, but this side of the border, we're happy to keep TP ;) :D

PreviousNext