anyone know Tarracian Port?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:51 pm 

Tarracina Port says this is a rare 1e 3rd party supplement and booklet, but I've never heard of it.  Anyone know more?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:29 pm 

I've seen ads posted on rec.games.frp.marketplace and for sale on eBay quite a few times.  Don't know if it is any good or not.    If someone does have it here in the forums, could you post a review?   Ð

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:41 pm 

It is a self-published D&D city setting.  It is basically the author's own campaign setting, used at home and at conventions.  It was apparently good enough that TSR at one time was willing to buy the rights and publish it as a supplement, but before it could happen they released 2nd Edition, and asked him to rewrite it to update for the new edition.  He decided to shelve the project.  In the last couple of years he has had it printed up and has been selling it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:45 pm 

I would say it fits neatly in the NON-TSR category. I will have to pull out my copy and look it over to report on what I think of it.  Later. Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:59 pm 

It indeed is a rpg item put out by the author. In fact the person selling it is the author. Dave covers much of the info about the item.   There are two modules that complement the Tarracina. They are:  Lokis Wine Terror in Tarracina  Here are more info about the item:  FAQs  I'm gonna have to get those items soon since they are non tsr.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:25 pm 

Here it is now on Ebay..  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2545  It has more info in the description.  Later. Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:58 am 

Hello all, I am the author, illustrator and publisher. Let me address your questions and feel free to ask more. The book is periodically available on ebay, or you can order it from my web site Welcome to DreamBorn.com.

DreamBorn
Products of Imagination and Dreams

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:15 pm 

dreamborn wrote:Hello all, I am the author, illustrator and publisher. Let me address your questions and feel free to ask more. The book is periodically available on ebay, or you can order it from my web site Welcome to DreamBorn.com.
 Hi Dreamborn  I actually bought Tarracina Port and the other modules off you a while back, was just letting you know that I did actually get it. Thanks... remember I'm the guy in Australia;) 1 question though, it says version 3 or something like that down the botton of the first page? can you explain about that? also one of the modules (the one used as a convention mod, quite funny BTW) says version 13? I'm assuming that the other versions run at cons? differences in all of the versions?  If any one has any questions about it happy to give a 3 party opinion;)  Brette:)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:47 pm 

Hi Brette  
I actually bought Tarracina Port and the other modules off you a while back, was just letting you know that I did actually get it. Thanks... remember I'm the guy in Australia;) 1 question though, it says version 3 or something like that down the botton of the first page? can you explain about that? also one of the modules (the one used as a convention mod, quite funny BTW) says version 13? I'm assuming that the other versions run at cons? differences in all of the versions?
 Glad you got the city state and modules!  I am at work now so I don't the exact version number but Yes, the version number in Loki's Wine refers to the variant that actually got published.  The differences were very minor except for the last year, year 9.  Mainly I just tweeked things to eliminate things that were confusing or loop holes that rules lawyers tried to exploit.  Loki's Wine was VERY popular, it sold out EVERY slot for 8 years in a row.  People just loved it and some played it year after year.  Some of their deaths were really classic.  And the house traps were even better.  I really like the one that teleports a player into a room naked and all their items are nicely cleaned and pressed in a pile next to them.  One paladin frantically defended himself buck naked for 3 rounds against a thief with a vorpal sword....  And then there was the time a mage player had a sphere of anihilation who lost control and was running around the house away from his sphere.  Oh well, those were the good old days of 1st edition.  Enjoy the products of years of DMing.

DreamBorn

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:21 pm 

Hey Kent, I was chatting with another Greyhawk grognard last night, and he commented that he'd be willing to purchase the city state + the 2 modules for $25; do you ever run "specials" like that at all?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:13 am 

If Kent runs specials count me in! I need some of his work :-)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:46 am 

Hi Grodog and Mkman  the standard prices are: $24.95  Tarracina Port + 1 map $8.95  CS1:  Terror in Tarracina $8.95  CS2:  Loki's Wine  These prices are available all the time on my web site  Welcome to DreamBorn.com  As far as specials I give $5.00 off on ebay virtually every week.  That's 11.67% off the normal price for the trillogy, or 20% for the citystate.  If you look at the page count  222 pages for the citystate, CS1=40 pages and CS2=20 pages, you are getting quite a good deal.  So if you are looking ofr a city that is eclectic. It has aspects of Norse, Celtic, Greek, Japanese, Arabian, and various fantasy cultures. It was and is used for 1st/2nd edition AD&D.  This citystate is truly meant to be a cosmopolitan locale. Anything and everything is possible in this citystate. PCs, of any race and culture should feel fairly comfortable here. This city acted like the crossroads for my world.   In my world of Terra, I had ALL the products for Judges Guild, Greyhawk, Sanctuary, and Kara Tur, including all the 1st and 2nd edition citystates available. I DMed this world for 15+ years, with 7 different gaming groups. Furthermore, at numerous gaming conventions I showcased the citystate as well. Out of all the cities, my players liked Tarracina Port the best.  Is this citystate for everyone? No, but if you are looking for a cosmopolitan citysate to act as a crossroads then Tarracina Port is an excellent citystate!  Now, it could be that Tarracina Port was just the most rich and detailed, or it could be that I as the creator brought it to life better, or it could be that it was just a better citystate. The answer to this question can only be answered by the individual DM.  Welcome to DreamBorn.com

DreamBorn