AD&D Color & Build Castle
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:05 pm 

I managed to snag a copy of this which is unused--even the markers are still there, in their original packaging.  The one problem is that, over time, the boards have warped, so they now have a curve to them.  Does anyone know a good technique for flattening them?  I don't want to inadvertently punch out any of the pieces.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:30 am 

Can you provide some pics so we can have a better idea of what you are dealing with?

Without seeing your predicament, you can try pressing them between using two flat, rigid objects and adding weight to the top.  You would want to keep them this way for an extended period of time, but check occasionally to see if they are flattening out.  If there's one curve, carefully reverse bending might be a possibility, but that could be problematic...

You could also consider heat pressing them, but I would be concerned about delamination, since I believe that the paper is glued to the cardboard on these.

I'm curious as to whether this is a common situation for these.  It shouldn't be, unless they were exposed to humidity?  Maybe the box was stored on its side?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:29 pm 

Hard to say.  There's none of the wrinkling I would expect from moisture damage, and there's no must or mildew smell, but it's a possibility.  I'll post pics a little later.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:33 pm 

Put between couple sheets of plywood with heavy weight on top sheet.

Or, pillowcase and hot iron. Don't leave in one place too long. (I've done this with big box PC Games, don't know how would work on what you have)