Compiling a list of 1970s scenarios
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:02 pm 

Well done, but the sheet provided for scoring is too low of a resolution to be usable.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:48 am 

dbartman wrote in Compiling a list of 1970s scenarios:Well done, but the sheet provided for scoring is too low of a resolution to be usable.

So it is, don't know why it's done that! Fixed.

Thanks for pointing it out :-)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:05 am 

If Daystar West's 1979 version of Rahasia has been published in PDF online, illicitly or otherwise, it is something I missed.
As far as I was aware none of Daystar West's products were out there in the wild.
Now I have a little hunting to do.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:41 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Compiling a list of 1970s scenarios:If Daystar West's 1979 version of Rahasia has been published in PDF online, illicitly or otherwise, it is something I missed.
As far as I was aware none of Daystar West's products were out there in the wild.
Now I have a little hunting to do.

The Dragonlance Nexus has a Q&A session here with Tracy Hickman which says

Falconer GH: Here are scans of the original Pharaoh and Rahasia (Editor’s note: scans no longer available.). These were published by Tracy and Laura’s company Daystar West Media as the “Night Ventures” series. Note the covers drawn by Tracy! Very cool. I’d love to get my hands on a copy of one of these, but they are worth approximately $1000 on the auction market. Phew!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:07 pm 

I've found the original source of that page - it came from a thread on an old forum which I tracked down via the web archive:

The Bronze Canticles Village

And the link is still there...

And it can be accessed on the wayback machine...

And it is... web.archive.org/web/20051026143247/http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/ModPages/ModScans/I3orig.jpg

It's just the images here of the covers on the Acaeum. Doh!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:54 am 

I've just published the tenth (!) out-of-print D&D scenario from the 1970s in my series - and this one is directly due to this wonderful forum at the Acaeum. It's available thanks to Russell, and to blackdougal - our fellow forumite who owns the original and who posted some pics of it here a couple of years back

Original Scenarios Resurrected X is The Tomb of the Waning Moon (1979, Russ Stambaugh) aka The Return of Athelfrogg. This is the previously unpublished sequel to Quest for the Fazzlewood (aka O1: The Gem and the Staff), which was run as a tournament for MichiCon VIII in 1979 - (no need to have played Athelfrogg's adventures in Fazzlewood first).
It's a two-player puzzle/clue based one-hour tournament with plenty of opportunity for hair-raising escapes or ignominious death, and we had a blast running it with 4 players as two teams one after the other one evening a couple of weeks back. Both teams made it - but only just. I include a full review and the outcome of our playtest.

Previous