Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg - 2nd printing pre-orders open
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:48 pm 

FYI the Lost Dungeons of Tonisburg book was released a few months ago (I believe that it was originally a stretch goal in the Secrets of Blackmoor KS), and for a recent review by paleologos see OSR Grimoire: Review: The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg

If that looks interesting, the second printing of Tonisburg is available for pre-order at https://store.secretsofblackmoor.com/pr ... d-printing through February 2022 (I don't know the exact pre-order cutoff date yet).  

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:05 am 

... and the PDF has now been spotted in the wild.
Maybe now they'll release it at a price for regular players, lose the collector premium they added, and cash in on the digital product. Thus spiking everyone they sold their 1st and 2nd print runs to. I don't get why people play over the odds for 'modern limited editions' of products that can be produced ad infinitum. I fell for this sort of marketting myself maybe 10 years back on a few small press things, but as far as I know, the only exceptions to the rule were Eye of the Dragon and Brimstone, which I suspect will never appear in PDF, and that is more down to the selection of exactly few who received copies and the authors' distinct lack of greed. Kudus to Tracy & Laura Hickman for doing it the right way, I suppose.
Rant over.
Bad luck if you were one of the idiots who paid hundreds of bucks for a copy on eBay.
I'll be one of the first to buy the PDF when it gets a DrivethruRPG release if its below $30.
In the meantime its floating around in the darkenss out there for the reading (or atleast 165 pages of it are), so no 'bonus' materials.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:33 am 

grodog wrote in Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg - 2nd printing pre-orders open:FYI the Lost Dungeons of Tonisburg book was released a few months ago (I believe that it was originally a stretch goal in the Secrets of Blackmoor KS), and for a recent review by paleologos see OSR Grimoire: Review: The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg

If that looks interesting, the second printing of Tonisburg is available for pre-order at https://store.secretsofblackmoor.com/pr ... d-printing through February 2022 (I don't know the exact pre-order cutoff date yet).  

Allan.

Has the link been removed?

I've checked out the two Kickstarters and there's nothing on either of them that references another source for ordering yet.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:40 am 

Check at THE LOST DUNGEONS OF TONISBORG -  The Secret Arts of the Dungeon Master

Also recently reviewed by Trent Foster at The Mystical Trash Heap: [Review] Lost Dungeons of Tonsiborg

We'll likely have copies for sale at North Texas RPG Con in June, and can do mail order afterward.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:58 am 

grodog wrote in Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg - 2nd printing pre-orders open:Check at THE LOST DUNGEONS OF TONISBORG -  The Secret Arts of the Dungeon Master

Also recently reviewed by Trent Foster at The Mystical Trash Heap: [Review] Lost Dungeons of Tonsiborg

We'll likely have copies for sale at North Texas RPG Con in June, and can do mail order afterward.

Allan.

On the Kickstarter, the "Mass market" version is $30, the softcover version is $60, and the hardback is $100.00.  What versions at what prices might be available at NTX?   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:28 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg - 2nd printing pre-orders open:
On the Kickstarter, the "Mass market" version is $30, the softcover version is $60, and the hardback is $100.00.  What versions at what prices might be available at NTX?   8)

Excuse me, do i understand correctly that the pdf price is 30usd?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:34 pm 

I think I missed the boat on this one. Are there physical hardcovers available? Don't care about print numbers.

Thanks.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:49 pm 

aia wrote in Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg - 2nd printing pre-orders open:Excuse me, do i understand correctly that the pdf price is 30usd?

I don't think they were originally planning to produce a PDF version, but there might be some rumbling about doing so now.  At the moment, the paperback version is $30, as indicated here:

The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg Book (Paperback)

The paperback is the "Mass market" (lesser-quality/durability) version.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:30 pm 

Just a general outline of what they are and where they come from.

1st printing, via Secrets of Blackmoor Movie Kickstarter

Black Cover For people who worked on the project QTty: 25

Purple Cover as intended for sale Qty: 170

Tiel Cover because fabric supply was scarce during covid Qty: 30

2nd Printing on our website

Red Cover 80 pound paper due to covid supply issues Qty: 200

2nd Printing on KickStarter

Red Cover 70 pound paper Qty: 450 or so

Paperback Black Cover a.k.a. Black Dragons Qty: 200

Paper back Print on Demand "Mass Market Paperback" are avaiable for pre order on our site.

We also can do whole sale to vendors on our books.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:12 am 

But someone in the supply chain released the PDF online, so now anyone can go and download it for free.
It would make more sense now to publish it digitally through DrivethruRPG and capture some revelue from digital purchases, and leave DrivethruRPG to manage the POD softcover and run-of-the-mill hardback sales.
The publisher lost control of their 'unknown knowledge/rarity perceived value' advantage ten weeks ago when they allowed their PDF to be published on the internet. Now that the Genie is out of the bottle and the digital product is essentially free, the window to publish digitally and get a good return on it is deminishing.
That's just what happens when you don't control your own digital files.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:17 am 

For Tonisborg completists: some of the original artwork featured in "The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg" book now available as individual items here:
View Original RPG artwork by WizApp on Etsy

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:12 am 

WizApp wrote in Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg - 2nd printing pre-orders open:For Tonisborg completists: some of the original artwork featured in "The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg" book now available as individual items here:
View Original RPG artwork by WizApp on Etsy

Do you own these pieces of art? And are they one offs?

Or are you reprinting / photocopying them and selling them?

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:41 am 

The Hunter wrote in Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg - 2nd printing pre-orders open:
Do you own these pieces of art? And are they one offs?

Or are you reprinting / photocopying them and selling them?

Thanks for your question and interest! They are the genuine originals of some of the illustrations that were featured in "The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg". Not copies.