The Oracle Magazine of Fantasy Gaming
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:34 pm 

Hi!

I wasn't sure if I should post this in non TSR or Appraisal. If I need to repost to another location please let me know.

I was curious as to what kind of interest there is in some of the old fanzines. I have a copy of the Oracle Magazine of Fantasy Gaming July 1982, #1. It's light blue with a sketch of a dragon on the cover. I can post pics when I get back to a computer, I'm on mobile at the moment.

I haven't seen anything come up on ebay either in current listings or in the sold and completed filter. I chuckled when I saw there was a tiny wiki entry about it. Anyway can't find too much information about it and wanted to get an idea of what you want you all thought.

Thank you for your time!

"Drinking contests with humans are unbearable. They drink, they collapse, and we have to drag them back to their homes. The next day they never remember losing."

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:26 am 

Zines are really wanted in the recent past... I usually follow the UK market where these are more frequent and better quality products than the US market and it is surprising that there is a high volatility of values: and early zine could sell in the range between 20 and 50 pounds! Some of them hit the 100 pounds and it maybe occur also in your case since it is a #1!
Good luck!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:48 am 

I believe there was a kickstarter a while ago where all issues of Oracle were compiled into a single volume and sold - so this one may or may not sell for as much as others.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:30 pm 

Mars wrote in The Oracle Magazine of Fantasy Gaming:I believe there was a kickstarter a while ago where all issues of Oracle were compiled into a single volume and sold - so this one may or may not sell for as much as others.

Yes, the reprint KS was run by Tim Hutchings at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ti ... rint-1982/ in conjunction with the original author of The Oracle (Christopher Kimball Bigelow as I recall).

Unfortunately I bought the lot at

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

which turned out to be fakes built from the reprinted KS zine hardcover, alas :( (although the seller is definitely going to refund them, too!).  

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/