A couple Midkemia questions
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:01 pm 

After far too long, I finally have everything in one place and unpacked. Sorting and indexing are almost done, so pics soon!

In the meantime, I've cracked open my notes of things I wanted to check... and I still couldn't find good answers on the Midkemia items, so I ask you all.

The Far Coast Crier - Is this a one-sheet or a pamphlet? Which titles did it come in? Was there any gaming/setting content, or was it just advertising?

Cities (the 1981 edition, cover with multiple people in a street) - Is page 7-8 trimmed in all the copies?

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:30 am 

TheHistorian wrote in A couple Midkemia questions:Cities (the 1981 edition, cover with multiple people in a street) - Is page 7-8 trimmed in all the copies?

Mine is like you wrote. I have a question for you : are there 2 editions only or more than two?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:41 am 

Far Coast Crier is one side of one page (like Domesday Book #1). It has info about Tulan and Carse ("the Boars Head Inn has burned to the ground under mysterious circumstances").
Cities (1st Pr) with the Blue Cover does not have trimmed pages. In the area to be trimmed there is a statement saying "Cut and Discard" on page 7 and "Cut Along Line and Discard" on page 8.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:39 pm 

Page 7/8 of my copy of the blue cover of Cities has been trimmed, and it looks like it was done by a page-cutter, not scissors. It's a clean, perpendicular cut. Guess I now need to look for another copy with a page that isn't trimmed.  :cry:

And I'm still on the lookout for a Far Coast Crier. So if anyone has a copy to spare, let me know.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:46 pm 

stratochamp wrote in A couple Midkemia questions:Far Coast Crier is one side of one page (like Domesday Book #1). It has info about Tulan and Carse ("the Boars Head Inn has burned to the ground under mysterious circumstances").

Therefore it came with either Tulan or Carse? Or one of these two only? Or with another book?!?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:57 am 

Some Far Coast Crier discussion on the Tome at Tome of Treasures :: View topic - The City of Carse (1980)

I'll look, but I think I have both a trimmed and untrimmed blue 1st Cities booklet.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:15 pm 

I wasn't specific enough with my Cities question. I meant the edition with the full color cover: Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Cities (1979)

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:19 am 

The full color cover printing on both page 7 & 8 says cut on vertical line and discard.

Shrink is not a condition

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:14 am 

If I remember correctly, all the printed copies of Cities had the vertical line and 'cut here'. When Chaosium licensed it and published Runequest Cities, they reformated the encounter tables without the cut line and when we published the 4th edition we also reformatted the encounter  matrix and dropped the cut.