Wee Warriors products to be reprinted
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:08 pm 

RIrwin wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:PotVQ is an awesome adventure. I have ref’d it many times and it’s very popular at cons.  Thank you for making the other Wee Warriors games accessible to those who want to play them.

Such a random first post from a day 1 account.... Guess I'm too skeptical ;)

And no, I doubt reprints will hurt my collection... this has been long debated and, to my knowledge, never shown. Hell, the ST1 PDF ( crisp version) has been readily available for almost a decade.....and back then it was still under a 2K grab!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:52 pm 

Lordan wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:Such a random first post from a day 1 account.... Guess I'm too skeptical ;)

And no, I doubt reprints will hurt my collection... this has been long debated and, to my knowledge, never shown. Hell, the ST1 PDF ( crisp version) has been readily available for almost a decade.....and back then it was still under a 2K grab!

Oh I’ve been reading this for many years now. I am an od&d enthusiast. I have a collection and I game. I’ve been collecting Wee Warriors for years.  I think it is despicable for a “collector” to insult someone who purchased the rights to a game and wants to make it available to others who simply want to play.  I felt like I needed to support this guy. “Blackmoor” was very mean-spirited in the above posts and I would be willing to bet that Dave Arneson would not approve such an attitude.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:23 pm 

Okay RIrwin you've had your say. Thanks for picking this moment to join us. Blackmoor was not as friendly to brettmb as perhaps he should have been, but he didn't call HIM names. That was started by brettmb. The Wee Warriors items were great...in 1976 when there was nothing to compare them too, but everything that has been made since is better. So the world is not a better place because these items might get reprinted, but its a free country, good luck to him. I think one of Blackmoor's points is that he came on a Collector's website asking for a free scan which perhaps struck him as hubristic. I do not think that a potential reprint will affect the value of my vintage pristine Wee Warriors items in any way. People are not spending $1000 to run one of these modules.

Jeff's a big boy, he can defend himself, but we don't need two post warriors calling Blackmoor mean-spirited or referencing his post as despicable. There is "despicable" all around these days, but it has never come from Blackmoor.

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:30 pm 

RIrwin wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:I would be willing to bet that Dave Arneson would not approve such an attitude.

"Beethoven's gone, but his music lives on
And Mozart don't go shopping no more
You'll never meet Liszt or Brahms again
And Elgar doesn't answer the door
Schubert and Chopin used to chuckle and laugh
Whilst composing a long symphony
But one hundred and fifty years later
There's very little of them left to see
They're decomposing composers
There's nothing much anyone can do
You can still hear Beethoven
But Beethoven cannot hear you"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:35 pm 

RIrwin wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:
Oh I’ve been reading this for many years now. I am an od&d enthusiast. I have a collection and I game. I’ve been collecting Wee Warriors for years.  I think it is despicable for a “collector” to insult someone who purchased the rights to a game and wants to make it available to others who simply want to play.  I felt like I needed to support this guy. “Blackmoor” was very mean-spirited in the above posts and I would be willing to bet that Dave Arneson would not approve such an attitude.

Yes guys, we have since buried the hatchet, all is well between me and Brett :), I never intended for any of that.  I am agreement with you and the others that the low cost reprints are a great way to bring this older material to all that would be interested and they do help to foster collecting overall.  The guy "Blackmoor" that posted up on this thread is gone for good.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:41 pm 

Best wishes to all.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 pm 

I received my reprints of POTVQ, Dwarven Glory, and Misty Isles. I've always wanted to read these. Now, I'd really like to score some originals one day!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:12 am 

Blackmoor wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:
Yes guys, we have since buried the hatchet, all is well between me and Brett :), I never intended for any of that.  I am agreement with you and the others that the low cost reprints are a great way to bring this older material to all that would be interested and they do help to foster collecting overall.  The guy "Blackmoor" that posted up on this thread is gone for good.

REPLACE THE POD PEOPLE!!!!   :D  :D  :D

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:47 pm 

“There's nothing to be afraid of. They were right. It's painless. It's good. Come. Sleep. Matthew.”

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:21 pm 

Glad I spotted this thread today, bought and downloaded already.

Personally, I’d have preferred original looking copies rather than the crisp white copies but it’s good to see a piece of gaming history and it’s contents, which I wouldn’t have otherwise.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Previous