Wee Warriors products to be reprinted
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:56 pm 

Wee Warriors Comes to Precis Intermedia | BoardGameGeek | BoardGameGeek

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:18 pm 

Has anyone picked up the one that's available now, The Vanquished Foe? I'd like to hear about how these reprints compare to the originals.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:42 am 

I am waiting for PotVQ: i will compare this version with the NTXrpgcon...

In any case i foresee a drop in prices for these items, regardless the edition...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:30 pm 

aia wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:I am waiting for PotVQ: i will compare this version with the NTXrpgcon...

In any case i foresee a drop in prices for these items, regardless the edition...

The NTRPG con version is a direct scan.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:36 am 

After acquiring the rights to the Wee Warriors line of products, I have managed to reprint a number of them so people can get them without spending a fortune. I am having difficulty remastering some of them, so would be grateful for assistance. I need high-res scans (600dpi+), purchase, or loan of the following to get these titles into the hands of more gamers:

1. Labyrinthine (just the counters; not the blurry stamped ones, but the good quality version).
2. Dragonlord (primarily the maps)
3. The Character Archaic
4. The Endless Dungeon
5. Dungeon Designer's Kit

The current collection of reprints is here: http://rpg.deals/wee

Thanks for your time.

Brett M. Bernstein
Precis Intermedia

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 pm 

Wow

A lot of companies own the "rights" to reprint these  8O

North Texas
Pacesetter
Now this new company??

Maybe I will call up Pete and get on the bandwagon LOL

What is the attraction? I see there value as an old collectible from the dawn of RPG's but in reality they are terrible products, really not worth reprinting at all. (And I own all the originals BTW)

Spending money on this next round of reprints is a waste, if your curious at there quality and just download a scan for free otherwise do not waste another dollar on this materiel. (Just my opinion FWIW)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:47 pm 

Actually, they licensed the rights. I own the rights.

Brett M. Bernstein
Precis Intermedia

Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:54 pm 

And not everyone feels as you do. I happen to like the material and will be further developing it. Plus, the reprints are being remastered and are not direct scans. This way people can get the remastered material without having to spend a fortune on originals. Telling someone to download a scan for free is encouraging pirating.

Brett M. Bernstein
Precis Intermedia

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:02 pm 

brettmb wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:And not everyone feels as you do. I happen to like the material and will be further developing it. Plus, the reprints are being remastered and are not direct scans. This way people can get the remastered material without having to spend a fortune on originals. Telling someone to download a scan for free is encouraging pirating.

Most people  on this site probably do feel like I do.  People that buy these items do not buy them to read and play them, they buy them to collect and hold some of the treasures that helped form the game.  The original modules and accessories themselves are very low quality (except the art), some of the worst RPG material to ever be published and distributed into the marketplace. These collectible items should be priced high to reflect there importance. Your low cost reprints or remastered crap cheapens the significance of the items.  

I am sure most of the collecting community deplores what you are doing.

Publishing some high quality "Homage Materiel" is a different story though; having some nice books with real authors and quality art and maybe a few pages in the back exploring the old stuff would be OK.

Coming on to a collecting site and asking for high quality scans of super rare collectibles so you can reprint or remaster (in order to make money) or whatever you are doing will not get a great response; only rebuke.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:41 pm 

A collector will always want to get an original. A player and RPG enthusiast just wants something to read and play. They are not going to spend hundreds on this stuff.  You are selfish and petty. I won't respond to you in future.

Brett M. Bernstein
Precis Intermedia

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:48 pm 

brettmb wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:A collector will always want to get an original. A player and RPG enthusiast just wants something to read and play. They are not going to spend hundreds on this stuff.  You are selfish and petty. I won't respond to you in future.

I am not selfish at all or petty in anyway

Please don’t respond and feel free to quit  this forum and never return

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:44 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:Publishing some high quality "Homage Materiel" is a different story though; having some nice books with real authors and quality art and maybe a few pages in the back exploring the old stuff would be OK.

That's how I feel about the special editions of the old Star Wars movies. They shouldn't have updated the special effects, they should have removed the old films from circulation entirely. If someone wants to watch Star Wars, they can just watch The Rise of Skywalker & be satisfied with it. Or you can buy my VHS copy of the original for $600.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:39 am 

I dont see any room to keep discussing on... If these items are not sold on a legit basis like the wee warriors ones, they are available on an not legit basis as pdfs on net... Therefore, why are you discussing?

I dont see any way someone is creating a damage to the hooby by reproducing old stuff... If this is true, why dont we blame on wizards of the coast or goodman games which are selling replicas of old stuff?

The only topic i see here is a position of an unpleseant person simply because he sells a product which might damage the economic value of most collectors here... I do own a true copy of PotVQ and i feel that its value could decrease due to these reproductions... The point is: am i angry enough to write to someone else is not welcome here and invite to leave this place? My personale reply is: no (and to be more precise i am not even angry...)

PS for the whole community: i dont think someone can reply for the whole community and moreover, i dont see blackmoor position reasonable... Otherwise he should got angry at the same way with all the acaeum fellows who made available the wee warriors product some years ago (i never read he invited badmike or doug to leave these boards)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:41 am 

Btw: i used unpleasant in order to define the perception of your position here, no offense intended!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:48 pm 

I’d be happy to send what I have Brett. I am glad you making these available again in print at low cost for everyone.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:59 pm 

aia wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:The only topic i see here is a position of an unpleseant person simply because he sells a product which might damage the economic value of most collectors here... I do own a true copy of PotVQ and i feel that its value could decrease due to these reproductions... The point is: am i angry enough to write to someone else is not welcome here and invite to leave this place? My personale reply is: no (and to be more precise i am not even angry...)

I don't think one is promised a collectible will always increase in value, and I don't know if all collector's are investors, so I can understand disappointment but not anger over the news. In any case, is this depreciation even likely to happen? I know there have been all kinds of baseball cards reprinted, including the topps 1952 Mantle, and it seems the price has only increased for the original.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:37 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote in Wee Warriors products to be reprinted:In any case, is this depreciation even likely to happen? I know there have been all kinds of baseball cards reprinted, including the topps 1952 Mantle, and it seems the price has only increased for the original.

It didn't happen when Wizards made a PDF of Orange B3 available. It didn't happen when Wizards released their official OD&D PDFs. It didn't happen when a user here offered up a PDF of Warriors of Mars, which I snagged even though I have a physical copy.

It won't happen here. And, Precis Intermedia isn't a new company either. They sell West End Games' back catalog of MasterBook games, including Shatterzone and Bloodshadows.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:23 am 

PotVQ is an awesome adventure. I have ref’d it many times and it’s very popular at cons.  Thank you for making the other Wee Warriors games accessible to those who want to play them.

Next