White Bear and Red Moon
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:18 pm 

Hive mind:

I have a copy of this in ziplock - searching Acaeum I see other ziplocks were 1st and 2nd prints - how do I differentiate? Copyright on the map is 1975, and the booklet is 1976.

Looking for an appraisal, as well - thanks!

--

Chris Korczak | www.rpgrpgrpg.com
IOBA (Independent Online Booksellers Association)
SNEAB (Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 pm 

The first printing has a large (magazine size) booklet, as well as runes on the counters, while the later prints in ziplock have a digest-size (legal-size paper folded over) booklet, along with drawings on the counters. (All the maps say 1975.)

Most data I have seen claim that two versions of the digest-size edition exist, so if you have this, it could be either 2nd or 3rd edition. Someone else might know how to distinguish 2nd from 3rd.

Regarding appraisal, prices for retro-gaming items have shot up so much in recent years that all I can say is that it once was worth $100.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm 

The last edition (third or "3.5" as I believe it says) should mention this inside the front cover of the rulebook. Otherwise I believe it's hard to tell apart from the second edition.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:56 am 

Thank you, guys - No printing statement inside the booklet, but it is the legal sized folded booklet (digest) - so Im looking at 2 or 3 - many t hanks, guys.

--

Chris Korczak | www.rpgrpgrpg.com
IOBA (Independent Online Booksellers Association)
SNEAB (Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers)