Info Request: Cities (Midkemia)
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:14 pm 

Just a simple question regarding this 1979 booklet from Abrams & Everson.

I have a copy of this sitting around. I noted that the pages for the Poor Quarter and Wealthy Quarter early in the book are cut at the edge. Is this someone's alteration? Or, could it be the design that the pages overlay in effect with the Encounter list on the adjascent pages? Basically, is the book actually complete, or not?

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:15 pm 

My copy is also cut that way.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:54 am 

One of my Midkemia books has a cut page (looks like a half page), but I don't have them in front of me and I don't remember for sure which. I think maybe it was Cities 2E (1981). It was on my list to investigate.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:23 pm 

On pages 7-8, the area to the right of the poor quarter (and to the left of the wealthy quarter on page eight) is a blank area with the words "cut and discard" printed. The prior owner of your book must have taken this to heart unfortunately :-(

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:57 pm 

Well, it just means that the book was used as intended. Not a great amount by the looks of it, but certainly some. So, it's 'complete' and 'not complete' at the same time, then.  :)

A bit weird that they didn't just repeat the encounter lists on the affected pages. I see no reason they couldn't have. Probably hated having to deal with the formatting on a typewriter.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff