Traveller Modules
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:43 am 

KingOfPain wrote:They should have been mine!!! Had I not been trying to distance myself from the smelly little dwarf man in the aisle, they would have been mine. I will have my revenge when we next meet. My four cats already have your scent and have been instructed to meow pathetically so as to distract you while Mike and I replace all of your Dungeon Geomorphs with used Mad-libs and devalue your white boxes by writing "Maxwell loves Aneoth" on the box lid and supplement covers with green highligter. :twisted:
Seriously, I was extremely envious of your find. Probably a good thing that you picked them up instead of me. I spent enough money already last week. I actually hope that you keep them though. It actually might be a lot of fun to play. Maybe it will also give you something else to bid on so the rest of us might actually win some of the nicer D&D auctions. :wink:

Lol as I recall you were not unhappy for me to pick them up and as I recall you pointed out the second package after I had swiftly stuffed the first one into my already growing pile of items in the corner....

I was trying very hard not to allow the little guy and later on the guys pop(?) to distract me. When Mike arrive, I could tell those guys were irritating him a little ..... and I am sure that it did not help his mood much that I kept trying to get them to speak to each other..... :twisted:  :lol:

All in all, though Mike did find some nice books and he has already listed them and sold some of them on E-Bay with BIN's. He doesn't waste a lot of time does he? 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:53 am 

All in all, though Mike did find some nice books and he has already listed them and sold some of them on E-Bay with BIN's. He doesn't waste a lot of time does he?

No kidding.  I was going to make a bid on a couple of his Planescape items this morning and by the time I got to it, one of them was already gone.  Bastards...  :twisted:

Nah, I wasnt unhappy at all that you found those.  I pointed out the others because I didnt want the gully dwarf to get them.  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:35 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:They should have been mine!!! Had I not been trying to distance myself from the smelly little dwarf man in the aisle, they would have been mine. I will have my revenge when we next meet. My four cats already have your scent and have been instructed to meow pathetically so as to distract you while Mike and I replace all of your Dungeon Geomorphs with used Mad-libs and devalue your white boxes by writing "Maxwell loves Aneoth" on the box lid and supplement covers with green highligter. :twisted:
Seriously, I was extremely envious of your find. Probably a good thing that you picked them up instead of me. I spent enough money already last week. I actually hope that you keep them though. It actually might be a lot of fun to play. Maybe it will also give you something else to bid on so the rest of us might actually win some of the nicer D&D auctions. :wink:

Lol as I recall you were not unhappy for me to pick them up and as I recall you pointed out the second package after I had swiftly stuffed the first one into my already growing pile of items in the corner....

I was trying very hard not to allow the little guy and later on the guys pop(?) to distract me. When Mike arrive, I could tell those guys were irritating him a little ..... and I am sure that it did not help his mood much that I kept trying to get them to speak to each other..... :twisted: :lol:

All in all, though Mike did find some nice books and he has already listed them and sold some of them on E-Bay with BIN's. He doesn't waste a lot of time does he? 8)

I walk up to find #1 Aneoth has two LARGE bundles of nice old Traveller stuff; #2 King is holding two highly sought after Shadowrun accessories in his grubby little hands (in very nice condition, no less); and #3, the aforementioned Gully Dwarf has positioned himself RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE USED GAME SHELVES in the Half Price books, and is spouting nonsense that I'm trying (in vain) to ignore so I can grab the sought after GURPS Traveller supplements he's blocking with his rotund body, all the while politely trying to wedge myself around himself and his "clan" (did anyone else notice the family resemblence between said Gully Dwarf and his "dad" and was that his "mom" also?) And don't think I didn't notice Aneoth trying to stoke up a conversation between us, but being the professional I am little distractions like that didn't keep me from my goal of the GURPS stuff and a bunch of Changeling Dreaming items (only one of which I bought is actually hard to find, unfortunately).
    MY revenge will be arriving early to the next meeting at a Half Price, seeding the gaming shelves with an Orange B3 with fake price sticker for say $4.98, etc, then grabbing them off the shelf right when you guys walk up!!!!!! :twisted:  Saying "WoW!  Look what was just lying there on the shelf!!!!
   I'm glad you got the Traveller stuff Aneoth as you are really using the items, I mean I would have just turned around and sold them anyway, better they go to someone that is actually reading and using them....
   Yes the thrill is addictive finding treasures, but to put it in perspective I haven't found any used older Traveller stuff in about a year....so we are talking beginner's luck there  :evil:  Most of the time you drive halfway across town to poke through a shelf of beat up AD&D Hardbacks for $15 each, a shelf of used White Wolf Vampire stuff, and some beat up copies of B2 or X1. I always love also when the know-nothings at Half Price find something they think is a real "find" and price it up accordingly, like the basic D&D boxed set I saw the other day for $25 with the crushed cover and missing the B1 module, or the D&D w/Cthulhu in another half price for $50 that looked like it was on the bottom floor of the Twin Towers when they fell. The great finds are the exceptions to the rules!
    King I'm going to PM you, which Planescape item did you want, I have extras, also I have a copy of Transhuman Space rulebook and Aftermath boxed set you wanted they are right here on my desk....
 Gully dwarf, I'm still laughing my ass off here, damned if the little porker didnt' resemble one allright...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:44 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:
Aneoth wrote:I have already started reading the Best of books. Once I am finished reading them (A day or two), then I will begin to read the HardBound book, and then the smaller Manuals and Supplements, and last the Adventures and Modules. Perhaps glancing through some of those while reading the smaller books as references.....

I find it odd that not only can your PC die during initial creation (At least for the original Traveller version), but that it seems to be some sort of badge of honor amongst Traveller players..... Is it possible to say in short how it is possible to have PC's dying during initial creation???

Anyway, my thanks for the very good information Traveller, and Mike...

BTW: Yes Books 6, 7, and 8 are in the best condition of all of the 36 books, with 8 being the nicest, at near mint I think. I doubt it has been read, and if so, then it was very carefully. As I will be. :wink:

Mike, I can now see better how it is that your constant shopping and searches for little treasures in out of the way stores can be so exciting. Finding little gems at that book store was quite fun, and might very well be addictive.....

They should have been mine!!! Had I not been trying to distance myself from the smelly little dwarf man in the aisle, they would have been mine. I will have my revenge when we next meet. My four cats already have your scent and have been instructed to meow pathetically so as to distract you while Mike and I replace all of your Dungeon Geomorphs with used Mad-libs and devalue your white boxes by writing "Maxwell loves Aneoth" on the box lid and supplement covers with green highligter. :twisted:

Seriously, I was extremely envious of your find. Probably a good thing that you picked them up instead of me. I spent enough money already last week. I actually hope that you keep them though. It actually migh be a lot of fun to play. Maybe it will also give you something else to bid on so the rest of us might actually win some of the nicer D&D auctions. :wink:

We need a new topic here: Aneoth's Lair.  That was a mind-blowing experience.  I've never even seen some of that stuff!  Why are you wasting all your time with the PILE of R-series and RPGA series stuff, next time a Ghost Tower or Tsjosnth or Tam tournament comes up, I want you to nut up and throw down some cash, selliing some of that stuff would give you a war chest that would be unbeatable!  I mean, I know everyone NEEDS a large stack of white boxes, but maybe cut it down to, oh, I don't know, five or so?  Sell a few of those, some R-series, a Dark Tower or two, some Dungeon Geomorphs in the shrink, and boom no one is outbidding you the next time a true rare comes around!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:46 pm 

Well, If Aneoth is selling, I am in. :wink: The question is: Aneoth, Do you have a Buy it Now?! :twisted: Besides how many white boxes does Aneoth have? 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:21 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I find it odd that not only can your PC die during initial creation (At least for the original Traveller version), but that it seems to be some sort of badge of honor amongst Traveller players..... Is it possible to say in short how it is possible to have PC's dying during initial creation???

They die in the line of duty in the case of the Military careers. In the case of the "Other" service, they tend to get killed in a deal gone bad. I always likened the "Other" to the Traveller underworld. In game mechanics terms, each service has a survival roll which you have to beat on 2d6 for each four year term of service. If you don't beat it, you die.

There is an optional rule in the Classic Traveller rules that converted that death result to wounding and mustering out two years into the four year term, but that was the optional rule instead of the default. MegaTraveller flipped that around so that death was the optional rule.

Aneoth, if you decide not to keep that Atlas of the Imperium, PM me.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:32 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Traveller wrote:I recommend trying the system out and generate a few characters so you too can experience the thrill of having a character die during generation.

Too funny, I remember that.

As a matter of fact, the spouse-unit (who has loved Traveller since it came out) was PEEVED when the T20 rules didn't have a chance to die during creation (you can only be maimed ;) ).

Her opinion - It's not Traveller if I can't fear death while rolling up a character. 8)

Ike, T20 is an absolute piece of crap compared to even T4, which as your other half can likely tell you, was the crappiest of the pre-d20 Traveller rulesets.  But then again, the authors and owners of the company that produce T20 leave a lot to be desired, which does influence my opinion quite a bit.

For actual play, I use a blend of Classic Traveller and MegaTraveller.  Primarily, I pulled a couple character generation tweaks as well as the task resolution system out of MegaTraveller and ported them over to Classic Traveller without batting an eyelash.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:33 am 

Traveller wrote:Vilani & Vargr: The Coreward Reaches - DGP
Starship Operator's Manual, Vol. 1 - DGP
World Builder's Handbook - DGP

I used to be on the Traveller mailing list and these would always go for a pretty penny. I tried to complete my traveller collection and I think I paid around $50 bucks for each. The modules were in Near Mint condition.

As for some of the LBB by GDW, at one point in the late '90s earlier 2000 or so, before the reprints came out. I paid like $5 for a few of them in an old comic shop in Maryland. Barbarian Books, they probably have some stuff floating around. They have a fair group of used RPG stuff.

Mike

"Clearly Tolkien never played D&D" Jason - Foxtrot Comic

YIM  
Previous