new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:40 am 

This is one I’ll probably buy when it hits general release.
GW was a big part of my youth until they went all Warhammery.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:30 pm 

for_the_love_of_the_stuff wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:This is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest projects I've been a backer of.

Well, you've gotten off lucky then!  Failed projects I've backed include (from oldest to newest):

- 2012: Dwimmermount: An Old School Fantasy RPG Megadungeon (I bailed in the narrow window when refunds were being issued, so I got lucky on it)
- 2013: Fractured Dimensions - Infernal Minions of the Outer Planes (I did receive most of the miniatures for this one, but not quite all)
- 2014: MIDNIGHT HARVEST: Sensual Nightmares by Richard Pace (total failure)
- 2015: Horrors of War: A Covenant With Death by Scott Glancy (Pagan Publishing's only failed KS)
- 2016: Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game - Pagan's still producing on this one, which went viral with zillions of additional adventures, sourcebooks, etc.; with some irregularity I receive a package of new materials, so while this is long-delayed and still far-from-done it's not really a failure, although it is the oldest KS that I've supported that's still fulfilling

I supported several more that are still "in process" and some of them are certainly late, but they're communicating well about shipping and supply-chain disruptions, etc. so I didn't bother to list those.

I also support two Patreons:  1/ for the Oerth Journal, which only charges upon printing of the current issue, and 2/ a new one I did to support a Ukrainian sculptor who did a cool Elric miniature.  I should, in theory, receive that around year-end.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:37 pm 

Someone I know has already gotten their copy & the tracking from the publisher shows that mine is in transit.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:07 am 

Zenopus wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:Someone I know has already gotten their copy & the tracking from the publisher shows that mine is in transit.

Lucky of you to have been given a tracking number!

I received my PDF access yesterday, but still no tracking for my physical book.
I emailed them asking them what's going on with North American fulfillment, hopefully they answer back.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:34 am 

for_the_love_of_the_stuff wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:
I received my PDF access yesterday, but still no tracking for my physical book.
I emailed them asking them what's going on with North American fulfillment, hopefully they answer back.

In the same boat.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:38 am 

Got the pdf but no despatch notice.
Anyone in the UK have theirs, or any updates?

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:10 pm 

I received my copy yesterday here in the US; I'm happy with quality.

Tweeted a pic here: https://twitter.com/ZenopusArchives/sta ... 0-1L2Y4Nzg

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:56 pm 

Zenopus wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:I received my copy yesterday here in the US; I'm happy with quality.

Tweeted a pic here: https://twitter.com/ZenopusArchives/sta ... 0-1L2Y4Nzg

Did you get an email with tracking information prior to receiving the book itself?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:59 am 

Yes. Here's what I got from them:

Oct 28th: email from Unbound Delivery "Confirm your address for Dice Men: Games Workshop 1975 to 1985, your copy is almost ready to go".
"Before we can post out your copy, please check that the delivery details below are still correct and click Confirm details if nothing has changed."
(For reference, my pledge was originally made on 10/15/20)

Oct 31st: email from Fedex Cross Border MailRobot.  This had a tracking number, and I was able to track my package from the UK to the US.

Nov 7th: delivered to me in the US

Nov 4th: email from UnBound that the pdf is available for download.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:55 pm 

Hmmm.  

I confirmed my shipping address on 28 October too, but haven't received any shipping confirmation or tracking info.  

Posted a Q on the Unbound Q&A :D

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:03 am 

My order is with their delivery partner awaiting despatch but no more specific than that.
Have those that have got theirs received the O&W as well?
Colour me unhappy, I could have just gone to Forbidden Planet and bought the bloody thing, I even saw somewhere that Ian Livingstone is doing a signing.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:01 pm 

In the US, it won't be available on Amazon until next February, so even with the high shipping cost from the UK to US, it was worth it to me to get it now.

Plus Unbound gave us a digital copy, which I don't think is included if purchased via Amazon, and the cost of which if purchased separately is about what I paid in shipping. Plus I got my name in the book. : )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:51 pm 

I finally received a tracking number about 4 days after emailing Unbound support.

They contacted me and told me it was about to ship.
Then I got a tracking email a day later.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:06 am 

for_the_love_of_the_stuff wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:I finally received a tracking number about 4 days after emailing Unbound support.

They contacted me and told me it was about to ship.
Then I got a tracking email a day later.

Ditto, although I asked Wednesday and got a tracking number the same day.

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:52 pm 

FedEx package is on the way!

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:38 pm 

My copy of this arrived today.  I got Dice Men, the Firetop mountain book and the Owl and Weasel reprint.  Looks great, well packed with no damage in shipping.  Looking forward to diving in to read it!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm 

I received mine as well.  Looks good.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:05 pm 

It arrived, a little dingy though. Probably the last kickstarter I back unless it is something very special.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

PreviousNext