new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:41 am 

Latest update

'I'm delighted to share with you the cover for DICE MEN. For the main image, we commissioned Iain McCaig to re-imagine his iconic illustration for an early Games Workshop carrier bag and his Games Workshop logo which we immediately adopted as the official Games Workshop logo, an evolved version of which is still in use today some 40 years later. The book design is by Mark Ecob (@marcobtweets) who you might be interested to know also designed the Fighting Fantasy logo for us which was used until 2017. We are very aware that DICE MEN is considerably late being published, now confirmed by Unbound for publication in September 2022. The delay has been caused by a combination of re-writes, extra research, additional content, supply chain problems, the pandemic and more. We can only apologise and hope that the wait will be more than worth the while. Thanks, Ian'

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/medi ... 1643555125

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:28 pm 

Just gave my confirmation of my name for the backer page!

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:00 pm 

for_the_love_of_the_stuff wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:Just gave my confirmation of my name for the backer page!

Me too, and---in case supporters in the crowd had not looked yet---it looks like they're defaulting to your first/last names on unbound as your name in the printed book, in case you want to make adjustments.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:36 pm 

Got an email today, the manuscript has been given to the printer!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:07 pm 

Perhaps just in the nick of time, as this article includes paper as one of the the commodities hit by Europe's energy crisis: bne IntelliNews - Energy crisis: Europe’s industry shutting down

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:15 am 

for_the_love_of_the_stuff wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:Got an email today, the manuscript has been given to the printer!

Got the same email  -  very excited to (finally) see this!!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:18 am 

Yep me too, I see I paid on 30th December 2017 with a bit extra for signature,owl & weasel and shipping.
I'd be pretty pissed if I wasn't getting those extras bearing in mind my money has been gone for nearly 5 years and I could get it pre ordered from Amazon for the same 30 quid but free shipping

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:21 am 

But, non snarkily, I am seriously looking forward to seeing this book

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:43 am 

gyg wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:Yep me too, I see I paid on 30th December 2017 with a bit extra for signature,owl & weasel and shipping.
I'd be pretty pissed if I wasn't getting those extras bearing in mind my money has been gone for nearly 5 years and I could get it pre ordered from Amazon for the same 30 quid but free shipping

Yeah, definitely one of the LONGER projects I've backed but I'll be happy to see the finished product. Especially if it looks as good as the mock-ups would suggest.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:49 am 

It seems that the few kickstarters I have backed have taken forever or never happened at all. That us why I avoid Kickstarter, it would take something very special for me to back anything. Looking forward to this and the Mamorial Tomb.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:26 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:It seems that the few kickstarters I have backed have taken forever or never happened at all. That us why I avoid Kickstarter, it would take something very special for me to back anything. Looking forward to this and the Mamorial Tomb.

Unfortunately, I've scaled back on my Kickstarter support as well.  Too many failed or lackluster projects.  There are still a few projects I support, but they are usually from proven individuals or companies.

I had forgotten about Marmoreal Tomb.  Wow, that one goes way back.  It looks like it will be completed, which is good.

I've supported two Kickstarter films/documentaries on D&D and EGG, and neither one has come to fruition.  Still holding out hope that The Dreams in Gary’s Basement Kickstarter is completed.  At least they are still providing updates.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:43 pm 

I backed one of the films as well. Don't know if they will ever be made. At least the people involved got to hang and interview TSR employees and attend cons on our dime.  :wink:

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:05 pm 

An update!:

Allan Grohe asked:

3 January 2022---Hello Ian and Steve and Happy New Year! I saw from your November update that the book will be delayed through summer of this year, but thought I'd ping you to see if you or Unbound have plans to issue any fliers for the book? We'll be conventioning at GaryCon in March and the North Texas RPG Con in June in 2022 (both very old-school focused and in your core reader demographic), and would be happy to distribute fliers for the book given the imminence of its release. (And updated release date, if you have better visibility to that would also be useful to include in such a flier, of course). If you've not given thought to fliers, but want to work on it together, feel free to get in touch by email at [email protected]. I've also never heard from Unbound about book distribution pricing for sale in our booth, in case it's a good time to poke them about that again? .....allan.

Ian Livingstone replied:
Hi Allan, apologies for the very late reply! I’m delighted to say that Dice Men will be published on 10th November. Best, Ian

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:06 pm 

That's good news!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:12 am 

Ok, I am £54.00 into this but get a couple of signatures and a faux Owl & Weasel.
This is now on Amazon for £27.60, a shade over half of the amount I paid. I will be seriously pissed off if  I at least don't get it before the Amazon release date.
My name goes in the book of course, which is nice but there doesn't seem to be much of an upside to backing this at inception.
It's perhaps not as bad a picture as I am painting but I can't be alone in this line of thinking.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:05 pm 

gyg wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:Ok, I am £54.00 into this but get a couple of signatures and a faux Owl & Weasel.
This is now on Amazon for £27.60, a shade over half of the amount I paid. I will be seriously pissed off if  I at least don't get it before the Amazon release date.
My name goes in the book of course,...

I could offer you the difference of £26.40 if we legally switch names so that my name is the one in the book.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:20 pm 

gyg wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:Ok, I am £54.00 into this but get a couple of signatures and a faux Owl & Weasel.
My name goes in the book of course, which is nice but there doesn't seem to be much of an upside to backing this at inception.
It's perhaps not as bad a picture as I am painting but I can't be alone in this line of thinking.

Yeah I have to say I agree.
This is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest projects I've been a backer of.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:47 am 

for_the_love_of_the_stuff wrote in new GW history book @ Unbound: funding still open:
Yeah I have to say I agree.
This is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest projects I've been a backer of.

This implies automatically you have not backed the ref book of LotFP...

PreviousNext