The Compleat Spell Caster white vs blue covers.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:55 pm 

I recently picked up, in a lot of monochrome AD&D modules, a blue covered version of Bard Games' "The Compleat Spell Caster", which while more visible and eye-catching than the white cover with the ornate font, seems to be somewhat missing out on the "whimsical fantasie" feel of the white covered version. Apart from the cover color and fonts, is there any difference between the two versions? Is the blue one a reprint---if so, from about what year? Is there a difference in scarcity between white vs blue? And above all else, should I keep this rather than selling it as planned?

Thanks to all who can shed some insight and knowledge!

---Pauly

This space can be YOURS if the price is right!!! (Okay, still working on this . . .  :p)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:38 am 

Afaik the white is a 1st print while the color covers are following prints.  This is valid for each of the 3 "complete" by bard. While the white is kindof uncommon,  the color covers are more frequent.
I have no clue whether or not the color cover is only a 2 nd print or more printings followed the first (all with the color cover).
Ciaoo

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!