Fist of Emirikol - Recent Sales
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:08 pm 

Has anyone noticed an upswing for the price of a Fist of Emirikol?

I recall these going for about $75-85 without the reference sheet, about $100+/- with reference sheet, and over $125 if sealed & w/ reference sheet.

They are not typically listed often, but three (3) have sold in the past month, including the one that NKG had listed for years ;-)

WOTC D D 3rd Ed Fist of Emirikol Players Reward Program NM | eBay

WOTC D D 3rd Ed Fist of Emirikol Die only | eBay

WOTC D D Fist of Emirikol RPGA players reward program | eBay

Just would like an assessment from the collectors here to see if they think these are on the rise or are they just experiencing a blip in price.

Thank you - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 am 

Was hoping to see someone else that knew more about it to weigh in but since not, I'll give some speculation on this:

I'm not sure is it could be called a rise or a blip but something I think I'm seeing with Dice Collectors is that they are getting used to the idea that Dice can be pricier or an investment. Some are already spending a pretty significant amount on them new from Custom Manufacturers.  

For example some old Chessex are realizing good to great prices in the secondary Market, Dice Kickstarters are doing well and New Special Releases from Manufacturers are selling out in minutes. I'm sure people have seen the old TSR Dice garner attention for some time in Auctions but more recently, you're seeing pretty good money being spent on old and new dice from people, that while I'm pretty sure are Gamers, could care less about owning some Basic Set originals or old Mud Dice. Not to be sexist, but a lot of women are collecting dice because they like the materials and the colors - which even though I personally am an old school Dice Collector only, can appreciate that the ones being made now are really neat!

As far as The Fist of Emirkol goes in particular: Collectors know that it is a rare one and it's big. Some collectors love really large Dice and the newer large ones are pricey to start with. So I'm sure there are Collectors out there that are seeing the price increases for the FoE and thinking "that's not so bad, and I know it's a rare one". Me personally, I wouldn't think of getting one of them without an original Ref Sheet unless it was deeply discounted, but that's the kind of Collector I am. I can see a lot of other Dice Collectors not giving a crap about it.

I'm in a Dice Collecting Group on Facebook and they have some very committed collectors on it, the vast majority of them are collecting what we would think of as new Dice and are spending a fairly significant amount of money every month on them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:39 pm 

Hi Mister Yuk,

I greatly appreciate the perspective on the overall "dice collecting market", which could be having a corollary affect on the FoE sales. It was also just odd in my opinion that there were three (3) listed and sold in such a short time, but could again have to do with the increased popularity/population of dice collectors and therefor sellers. The NKG one has been floating around for years, as I have always kept it on my Watch List for curiosity reasons.

Thank you - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:11 am 

You're welcome Paul

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:30 am 

I still have it in the original unopened mail (box) sent by WotC on 2003.

It's a Schrödinger like Fist of Emirikol :)

If you do not open the box it can be inside or not simultaneously.